• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Brandied Dijon Pork Chops

In summary, the sauce has a rich, restaurant-style flavor with a bit of the alcohol. The recipe was easy to follow, and it came in a little bit shorter than the predicted time. The recipe also includes a side recipe for pecan green beans, which DH didn't care for, but I thought they were good.
legacypc46
Gold Member
This is in Volume II of 29 Minutes to Dinner.

Caveat: I didn't have any brandy on hand, but I did have some Dark Rum (go figure :rolleyes:), so that's what I used in the sauce. I also used country dijon mustard instead of regular dijon.

I was hesitant about this recipe since DH isn't a big fan of dijon mustard, but he's already asked me to make it again sometime soon. (One of things I really like about PC recipes is how they take individual ingrediants you may not like and combine them into something delicious.) This sauce has a rich, restaurant flavor...yes, you can taste a bit of the alcohol, but it isn't overwhelming (only 2 tbsp go into the sauce). Definitely use the shallots that are called for; regular onions would be too overpowering.

This page in the cookbook includes a sidebar recipe for Pecan Green Beans. It was good, but I'm not a big fan of the pecan-green bean combination. Next time, I'll try it with almonds instead.

The recipe came in at 20 minutes versus the 22 predicted. It's also inexpensive, if you already have a bottle of Worcestershire sauce and some brandy (or rum :)) on hand.

So - On a scale of 1 - 10 ??? My DH isn't a fan of dijon either - we do have brandy in the house though ( ewww I don't drink it!) Not sure how the kids would like it either....

Are you eating your way through the cookbook? I'm going to pick a recipe out for Thursday for us to sample. Hopefully I'll choose one that you haven't had yet.

PamperedDor said:
So - On a scale of 1 - 10 ??? My DH isn't a fan of dijon either - we do have brandy in the house though ( ewww I don't drink it!) Not sure how the kids would like it either....

I give it an 8. (DH the dijon-hater gave it an 8.5). I'm not a big brandy fan (unless it's the really good stuff), so I'll probably stick to dark rum.:blushing:

pamperedlinda said:
Are you eating your way through the cookbook?

Kinda. This and the new SB are the only cookbooks I have with me on this trip....

I made these tonight - very good.

Sounds really good! I can't wait to get that cookbook:)

I love the taste of brandy in food. I make penne ala brandy.

What are the ingredients needed for Brandied Dijon Pork Chops?

The ingredients needed for Brandied Dijon Pork Chops are:

• 4 boneless pork chops
  • 1/4 cup brandy
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste

How do I make Brandied Dijon Pork Chops?

To make Brandied Dijon Pork Chops, follow these steps:

1. In a small bowl, mix together brandy, Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, chopped thyme, salt, and pepper.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the pork chops.
  3. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
  4. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
  5. In the same skillet, pour in the brandy mixture and bring to a boil.
  6. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
  7. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve.

Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of brandy?

Yes, you can substitute brandy with bourbon, whiskey, or even white wine. However, the taste will be slightly different.

How do I know if the pork chops are fully cooked?

The best way to check if pork chops are fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also cut into the thickest part of the chop and make sure there is no pink color left.

What can I serve with Brandied Dijon Pork Chops?

You can serve Brandied Dijon Pork Chops with a side of roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice, or a simple green salad. The sauce also goes well with steamed vegetables, so feel free to get creative with your sides.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • dannyzmom