Reheat Pizza on stone

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by ChefPaulaB, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB

I know this has been discussed and is a no-brainer, but we usually reheat our pizza on a plate in the microwave, and I finally remembered to preheat the oven before we're ready to eat... problem is, I'm not totally sure what temp and how long.... does anyone know?

2. kcmckay

kcmckay Gold Member

I usually reheat pizza at 350 for about 10 minutes or until it looks hot and good. THat's just me and it's a personal preference but it works for me. Hope that helps.

3. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

What I usually do is put my pizza on the stone. Put the stone in a cold oven. Turn the temp to 250 - 300 degrees. My oven beeps when it's reached the set temp, which usually takes about 10 minutes. I generally give it another 5 minutes. Basically, when I can smell it, it's ready.

4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Gold Member

5. myinnerchef

myinnerchef Gold Member

When I can smell it, it's usually well done!

I love pizza reheated on the stone. It's one of the reasons I bought my stone, long before I became a consultant.

6. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

Your oven must have a tighter seal than mine. I can smell mine just about the time the cheese gets good and gooey.

I'm making myself hungry.

7. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Gold Member

The best way I have found is to heat it slightly in the microwave (just enough to take the chill off, but not warm it) and then throw it in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes.

Times when I have tried to reheat it only in the oven, it has overheated. BUT: I never thought to throw it in there while the oven was preheating! That may work even better!

8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB

Wow! Thanks guys! Great tips... the whole thing of putting it in the cold oven is perfect, because I never think ahead enough to preheat, so that'll work great. I'm not sure how it turned out this time because after I put it in the oven I had to leave so my husband got to try it out. But I'll definitely try it in the cold oven next time. Thank you!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.