• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Redeeming Personal Gift Certificate

In summary, a friend has asked you to donate to a hockey fundraiser and you are going to give them a $25 gift certificate. You will need to work with the person who wants to redeem the certificate to do the purchase, as they can't go onto your website and just order. You should make an excel spreadsheet to keep track of the serial numbers, dates issued, and names of the people who bought or donated the certificate.
minirottie
I have searched and searched the past threads and can't seem to find the answer, so here I am with no doubt a repeat post :)

A friend has asked me to donate to her son's hockey fundraiser. I'm donating a $25 GC to be redeemed with me. My question is when whomever gets it wants to redeem it, how do I do it? I obviously need to work directly with him/her to do the purchases, because they can't go onto my site and just order. So lets say this person wants $25 in product. How do I enter the order and note that I gave the GC for my reference?

Thanks y'all!

You just put $25 towards their purchase as a consultant gift in P3. Then they pay the rest. Put a note on the GC that it is only redeemable through you and give them a catalog and your name and number on the GC.

Thank you...I was hoping it was that simple :)

Yes, and make sure to note that it must be redeemed by phone or email.

You can also make a note in P3 that that particular order was paid for with a redeemed gift certificate from the hockey fundraiser.

Yes, consultant gift since this is a donation. If you were selling it, you would use "cash" as the payment method when it is redeemed. My advice, make an excel spreadsheet (or log of some sort) to keep up with them. Give each one a serial number, then log the serial number, date issued and name if who bought it (or donation) and name of person/group receiving the gift. That way you can keep up with valid ones and avoid fake ones. ;)Any time that you accept money for a personal gift certificate set it aside and remember that it is NOT your money to spend. You don't want to put yourself in the position of trying to figure out how to explain to someone that you can't afford to redeem their gift certificate right now. The same theory applies to donated GC's. Set aside that money right now so you are not scrambling later. ;)

And of course make sure to put YOUR contact info on the GC and a phrase that it's only valid with YOU and not another Consultant or on the main PC website. ;)

Sheila said:
And of course make sure to put YOUR contact info on the GC and a phrase that it's only valid with YOU and not another Consultant or on the main PC website. ;)

I did put on the GC (and told my friend organizing it) that it is redeemable only through me.

Thanks for everyone's input on this. :) I also told my friend that PC does fundraisers so if the team wants to try and raise more money, to call me :D

1. How do I redeem a personal gift certificate?

To redeem a personal gift certificate, simply go to the Pampered Chef website and create an account. Once you have an account, you can enter the gift certificate code at checkout to apply it to your purchase.

2. Can I use a personal gift certificate for any Pampered Chef product?

Yes, personal gift certificates can be used towards any Pampered Chef product, including cookware, kitchen tools, and food items.

3. Is there an expiration date for personal gift certificates?

Yes, personal gift certificates have a two-year expiration date from the date of issue. Please be sure to use it before it expires to avoid losing the value.

4. Can I use multiple personal gift certificates for one purchase?

No, only one personal gift certificate can be used per purchase. If you have multiple certificates, you can use them for separate purchases.

5. What happens if I don't use the full value of my personal gift certificate?

If you do not use the full value of your personal gift certificate, the remaining balance will stay on your account and can be used towards a future purchase. Please note that the expiration date will still apply.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • LauriChick