• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Red, White & Blue Theme Recipe Ideas for Your Next Military Party

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant who is planning a Red, White & Blue themed show but does not have all the necessary tools to make certain recipes. She is also located on a military base in Japan and has limited access to certain equipment. Despite this, she is determined to come up with creative ideas, particularly for desserts, using the tools she does have such as the Quick Stir Pitcher and the BBQ set. Other consultants offer suggestions, including a patriotic fruit pizza using a sugar cookie base and a potato salad with blue cheese. The consultant also mentions her usual interactive show format where guests prepare the recipes themselves. The conversation ends with the consultant sharing the fruit pizza recipe and clarifying that the egg slicer can be used to slice the
Sheila
Gold Member
My hostess wants to do a Red, White & Blue theme. I looked on Consultant's Corner and I don't have all the tools to do the recipes that I saw there. We are military & my director is moving off the island before the show, so I can't borrow equipment from her. So I'm stuck improvising.

I'm only coming up with dessert ideas.
  • Do something crafty with Watermellon
  • Cupcakes with white icing, star sprinkles - arranged in the shape of a star on the round platter
  • Revamp the Candycane Brownie Lollipops - use white chocolate & red/white/blue sprinkles. Still trying to come up with an idea for the stick. Doubt I could find candycanes this time of year on this island.
  • Revamp the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries - use a strawberry cake mix & white chocolate. Decorate with strawberries AND blueberries.
  • Revamp the Fruit Topped Triple Chocolate Pizza - bake in the rectangle stone and decorate the top with blueberries & strawberries
  • Sundae spread

Can't think of anything red/white/blue for the Quick Stir Pitcher. I'm thinking either Lemonade or something red.

I have pretty much everything from the BBQ set including 2 grill baskets (do not have the skewer set).

Other outdoor products that I have are: 2 qt & 8 qt Collapsible bowls, Outdoor Serving Set, 1 set of Outdoor Tumblers, Outdoor Caddy (do not have the plates/utensils), both sizes of the Quick Stir Pitchers, & the Outdoor Party Sticks.

I do NOT have the trifle bowl. :grumpy:

I have a bunch of the Simple Additions pieces including the large round platter & the large rectangle platter w/ handles, the woven round tray, etc. And I have most of the bamboo products. I even have the retired stars & stripes tablecloth, hand towels, and basket liner! So I'm doing pretty good on display items.

I'm just stuck on more recipe ideas!!! I have cookware & Forged Cutlery running out my ears, but I need to invest in cookbooks next!!! LOL

Oh, I have most of the spices too.

Here's my delima. Being on a military base in Okinawa, Japan I do not have time to order the trifle bowl before the show. It takes a good 4 weeks to get a shipment here compliments of PC's new "smart post" shipping method. :cry:

Anybody have any brilliant ideas that could help me with the tools that I do have???

I'd like to give the host more ideas than just desserts. I do the interactive shows where I give the guests the recipe & let them do the prep. They LOVE it. When there are 6 or more guests, we do more than one recipe ... usually a meal item & a dessert, so they can split into two groups and have more hands on time.

Hope I did this right.....

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 396
OMG Ginger!
That looks so yummy!!

Please share recipe :)

How about doing a potato salad with Red skinned potatoes and adding blue cheese. Try the Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic rub burgers (recipe is on the bottle) and adding bacon and blue cheese (my family LOVES this).

I always have requests for the cranberry fizz drink (recipe is online), it's refreshing and "red"

How about salsa (red) and white and blue corn chips?

I'm in the same pickle, so if I come up with more I will post them. Hope these help!!

BettieC said:
OMG Ginger!
That looks so yummy!!

AND Sooo easy to make!

What great ideas.... thanks girls!!

There's a SSS theme show recipe sheet in the file (I know because I posted it a couple of years ago), with recipes that were developed for summer 2002. Some of them can't be done now (there's one that uses the star insert for the springform pan), but there are a couple of delicious drink recipes, and a neat flag dessert pizza. The pizza uses basic tools that you probably have - large bar pan, egg slicer, EAD mainly.

BettieC said:
OMG Ginger!
That looks so yummy!!

Heres the recipe....

1 (18oz) Pillsbury Sugar cookie
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese,softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel1 large package fresh strawberries(about 2 cups)
1 pint fresh blueberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup Kraft Squeezable red raspberry spread, melted

Heat oven to 350. Make a big ball with the cookie dough & roll it out on the pizza stone. Bake 15-20 minutes or till golden brown. Cool completely. Mix well cream cheese,sugar & lemon peel & spread over cooled cookie. Slice Strawberries thin & arrange in a large star. Arrange Blueberries around Strawberries. Lightly brush melted jelly spread over the fruit. Store in refrigerator. ENJOY!!!

Ginger, when you say to slice the strawberries thin, is the Egg Slicer thin enough?

ooohhh Thanks Ginger!!

pampchefsarah said:
Ginger, when you say to slice the strawberries thin, is the Egg Slicer thin enough?

Yes, that will work...
Also one thing, DO NOT over bake the cookie, you want it to be a little soft, it will make it easier cutting it when you are ready....:D

I just did the Splendid Strawberry Cream Pie and it was easy to substitute products in that. The only major one would be the pie dish obviously. But if you have pie dish OR the deep dish baker you could do it. I borrowed the pie dish and the creative cutters from my mother-in-law LOL But again, you could use some other substitute.

For a red drink - I made the Cran-Raspberry Fizz. It's so easy and so yummy. At my show this weekend we ended up making a second batch because they drank the first batch in a flash! I don't have the QSP but I used the Mega Scraper to mix it and then made a big deal about how much EASIER this would be with the plunger in the QSP (and commented that I too have a big PC wishlist and that's at the top of what I'll be ordering next time!).

Both recipes are on Consultants Corner. In fact I think I found both in the Theme Show info.

There is a Stars and Stripes Theme show guide at https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/product_information/stars_stripes.html I am featuring it in the July newsletter :) I don't know which tools you don't have, but I've found that I can often substitute one tool for another (though not always quite the same, it has the effect of showing guests how versatile our tools can be!).

Ginger, Love it!!! Don't know if mine will look as nice. We can't get fresh strawberries here & the frozen ones just never slice right with the egg slicer.

Gwendolyn, I don't think we can get blue cheese here, but I'll check. Our selection is VERY limited here. I know for a fact that I can't get white or blue chips here. Yellow is our only option.

Ann, there's nothing called "SSS Theme show" there. When I did a search for "theme show", I had 32 files pop up & they only go back to 2005. And I actually have the star insert, but NOT the springform pan. A hostess got the star insert insead of the Mix 'N Chop. When I called corporate, they said to just keep it. I know somebody in the warehouse said "what's a Mix 'N Chop" and somebody else said "you know, that star shaped thing". LOL

Joy, I started with that link on CC's but didn't have enough of the product to make any of those recipes. That's why I resorted to this post. But thanks anyway! ;)

I'll have to go look up this cran-raspberry fizz thing & see if it's something we can get ingredients for here on the island.

The Cran-Raspberry Fizz is just cranberry juice concentrate (the frozen stuff), raspberry sorbet, water, and ginger ale. Oh and limes, but I'm sure you could omit those if necessary without it being a big deal.

At my last show, I left the limes out of the cran-raspberry punch, and it was still good, got raves!! My host requested that we leave them out.

I think that is my new go to beverage recipe for get togethers!! It would even be appropriate for bridal/baby showers.

By the way,

I spent 7 years on Okinawa. You can usually find stuff at the Kadena Commissary, that you could not find at Foster or Kinser. (We lived on Kinser). Also, the San-A (off base stores if they still exist) has a lot of American products like cheeses. You may even find the blue corn chips.

I make that dessert pizza all the time but I use a brownie mix. Make according to pkg, and bake on round stone, just make sure you use a circle of parchment paper or it'll run off the edges. That star is beautiful, I'll have to try it... I usually just make a design with with strawberries and blueberries and sometimes raspberries.

You could do strawberry spinach salad and also add blueberries.
I've heard there's a Summer Berry Salad recipe. Anyone have that?

The summer berry salad recipe is on CC with the Stars and Stripes theme show recipes.

What are some red, white & blue themed products offered by Pampered Chef?

Some popular red, white & blue themed products offered by Pampered Chef include the Patriotic Cake Pan, the Stars and Stripes Table Runner, and the Red, White & Blue Silicone Basting Brush.

Can I use red, white & blue themed products for non-patriotic events?

Yes, our red, white & blue themed products can be used for a variety of occasions such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, or any other event where you want to add a patriotic touch to your decor.

Are there any recipes specifically designed for red, white & blue themed products?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that can be made using our red, white & blue themed products, such as the Patriotic Trifle, Red, White & Blue Fruit Salad, and the All-American Burger.

Can I mix and match red, white & blue themed products with other Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our red, white & blue themed products can be easily mixed and matched with other Pampered Chef products to create a unique and personalized look for your event. Get creative and have fun with it!

Are there any sales or promotions for red, white & blue themed products?

We often have sales and promotions on our red, white & blue themed products, especially during patriotic holidays. Make sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for any current deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
jlalbrte
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies