• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangular Baker - Cranberry ?

I tell them that the only colors available are the unglazed stones. If they want a colored stone, they will need to purchase it at the show.I think they are trying to phase the colored stoneware out. I don't like this either! They should all be on special at least for the host and past host!
pattikake
Can November hosts get the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry, at 60% off? I can't seem to find the product code when entering in PP3.. And I don't seem to find it on the host flyer. I must be missing something, but not sure what? Her show is at $359, which I thought entitled her to one piece at the discount.

Thanks for your help !

The only piece of glazed stoneware included in the special is the Deep Covered Baker. Otherwise it is the traditional non-glazed. It doesn't specifically say that - it actually just reads "stoneware" but when you look at the list it is only the unglazed stones.

As stated above, just the DCB is available in the glazed. Personally, I think it's a crock. Same thing for the customer's 20% off - not on glazed. I've emailed HO to let them know that I don't think it's right. They did the same thing once before, and then the next time, they did it for everything. Now they've gone back to the "yucky" way they did it before. It's a bummer.

Thanks for your quick responses.. It's too bad the flyer wasn't more specific on this. My host is not going to be happy.

The flyer is quite specific. You can't find a code for the cranberry items because they aren't part of the sale.

It's too bad that all the stones aren't on sale this month. It has been such a royal pain to explain in few words that only some of the stones are on special. People's eyes glaze over when I try to explain that the stones are 20% off "except the the colored stones", or "except the glazed stones". Or, I try to say, "Only the unglazed stones are 20% off," or "only the plain stones with no color are 20% off". Completely annoying. PLUS, I really needed the cranberry stones because I had the vanilla ones. I sold them all at 75% off and needed to replace them with the cranberry ones. I didn't really need any unglazed ones and I already had the DCB. Oh well.

I'm going to e-mail HO just to let them know that this special was too hard to explain. It would have been much simpler to explain if all the stones would have been on sale.

pattikake said:
Thanks for your quick responses.. It's too bad the flyer wasn't more specific on this. My host is not going to be happy.

The flyer is very specific. The list and prices are plain as day.

JAE said:
It has been such a royal pain to explain in few words that only some of the stones are on special.

I made copies of page 2 of the guest special flyer and put one in every guest packet. No need to explain ad nauseum.

I don't use guest packets and I talk about it to everyone I know and everyone who was or wasn't planning to come to my show. I made my own postcards because it was my big Christmas shopping party. I don't carry around flyers with me. I'm not really into paper. It creates too much clutter.

JAE said:
I don't use guest packets and I talk about it to everyone I know and everyone who was or wasn't planning to come to my show. I made my own postcards because it was my big Christmas shopping party. I don't carry around flyers with me. I'm not really into paper. It creates too much clutter.

This would have been easier to explain with paper however! It did cause quite a bit of confusion and with the prices in front of them, it helped to clear it up!

I'm not going to carry around flyers to every sporting event and on my walks. When I'm talking on the phone a flyer does me no good. When I send a postcard invitation with other incentives included a flyer would not have helped. People don't read the flyers and they end up asking questions anyway. It would have been easier/simpler to put all stones on sale. Plain and simple. Sheesh!

I've sold a lot of rectangular stones to people who didn't mind the lack of color once they found out about the special.

I think they are trying to phase the colored stoneware out. Of course, what about the pie plates? I would have gladly gotten one had it been on special. It's been on my list for a long time.

I don't like this either! They should all be on special at least for the host and past host!

I use clipboards at my show which include a guest flyer for the current month. If it's a 2 page flyer, then I print front & back. I haven't had any complaints from guests yet. In my spiel I announce that the guests can get ANY of the unglazed stoneware at 20% off & then immediately emphasize that there's no minimum purchase required to take advantage of the November Guest Special -AND- there's no limit to the number of unglazed pieces that they can purchase. That seems to be enough to get them excited.

Sheila said:
I use clipboards at my show which include a guest flyer for the current month. If it's a 2 page flyer, then I print front & back. I haven't had any complaints from guests yet. In my spiel I announce that the guests can get ANY of the unglazed stoneware at 20% off & then immediately emphasize that there's no minimum purchase required to take advantage of the November Guest Special -AND- there's no limit to the number of unglazed pieces that they can purchase. That seems to be enough to get them excited.

I'm finding the same thing. I just phrase it as the "original...unglazed" is 20% off...UNLIMITED pieces and everyone is excited. I've had no problems with confusion about it. I've sold many pieces for guests, hosts and past hosts. Everyone is excited and I really have not had anyone terribly disappointed. The original pieces are so functional for many different tasks!

I haven't had any confusion about what is on sale - and I haven't had any complaints from hosts or guests about it either. I sell alot more unglazed anyway, so it really hasn't been an issue for me.

I think we're missing the big picture here. Pampered Chef gives us all the tools we need to be successful, including paying for guest specials and host specials (did you know some direct sales companies expect their consultants to pay for that?!). So, I appreciate any sale they put on their products. If you go to a show with a negative attitude, then you'll get negative responses. If you're excited about the sale, then your guests will be too. You are the consultant, so take charge of the feeling you put into your show. Appreciate what the company does for us!

Kelly8 said:
I think we're missing the big picture here. Pampered Chef gives us all the tools we need to be successful, including paying for guest specials and host specials (did you know some direct sales companies expect their consultants to pay for that?!). So, I appreciate any sale they put on their products. If you go to a show with a negative attitude, then you'll get negative responses. If you're excited about the sale, then your guests will be too. You are the consultant, so take charge of the feeling you put into your show. Appreciate what the company does for us!

Kelly ~ you stated it PERFECTLY! It's a Host SPECIAL...remember, PC doesn't have to do this either. I don't book my parties on the Host Specials...I booked them based on host wanting to get things for FREE while have a GREAT time with their family/friends. I tell them they get a BONUS (Host Special)...and they love it!

Plus, like a few stated before, it IS stated clearly....it's your responsibility to read the flyers ~ KNOW your stuff before you market it.

including paying for guest specials and host specials (did you know some direct sales companies expect their consultants to pay for that?!).

I'm sorry ... I keep hearing this mentioned over and over and over and I have never run into a direct sales company YET that had its consultants pay for a special. Closest thing to "paying" for it is that they don't get commission on the host special. Neither do we.

Anyway ... customers I've seen are not all that upset about this item because when they find the unglazed version is on sale, they decide they don't need glaze so much. Where it becomes confusing (and a bit unfair) is when there are items, like the square baker or pie plate, that are ONLY available in the glazed version. I think a lot more pie plates would have been sold if they were on sale. But oh well. I'm just grateful that we finally have a special to offer people instead of a "bonus" item. I find it is increasing my sales.

Kelly8 said:

Amen Sista!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'm sorry ... I keep hearing this mentioned over and over and over and I have never run into a direct sales company YET that had its consultants pay for a special. Closest thing to "paying" for it is that they don't get commission on the host special. Neither do we.

I just recruited a girl from "romantic" business (I don't want to name in case I'm remembering wrong) and I believe she said she had to pay for her specials. They offered a high discount but she said that after she paid for everything she had to pay for, she would make about 10% on the show. She was also expected to take a lot of cash and carry because the company didn't want to pay shipping costs. And when I told her that she was getting something for free from the company, she said, "So I'll probably owe about $10 in shipping." My jaw dropped! I said, "No, it's free!"

PC was (is) my first ds job. I didn't realize how well we are treated until I started talking to others in the biz that work for different companies. We are spoiled!

Kelly8 said:
Di_Can_Cook said:

I just recruited a girl from "romantic" business (I don't want to name in case I'm remembering wrong) and I believe she said she had to pay for her specials. They offered a high discount but she said that after she paid for everything she had to pay for, she would make about 10% on the show. She was also expected to take a lot of cash and carry because the company didn't want to pay shipping costs. And when I told her that she was getting something for free from the company, she said, "So I'll probably owe about $10 in shipping." My jaw dropped! I said, "No, it's free!"

PC was (is) my first ds job. I didn't realize how well we are treated until I started talking to others in the biz that work for different companies. We are spoiled!

I think with MK also, that any host bonuses they give come out of their pocket. So, if they offer a 50% off item, they aren't making any money on it.

That was the one I know of, Becky. MK consultants also end up eating any freebies they give their hosts, too. As well as any company-offered "free with purchase" items - the company doesn't pay for them, the consultant does.

1. What is the size of the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry?

The Rectangular Baker - Cranberry measures 9" x 13" x 2.5" and has a capacity of 3 quarts.

2. Is the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry oven-safe?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry is oven-safe up to 450°F.

3. Can the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry is microwave-safe.

4. Is the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry dishwasher-safe?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.

5. Can the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry be used for freezing food?

Yes, the Rectangular Baker - Cranberry is freezer-safe and can be used for storing and freezing food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Hannaberry
  • Kathy Scott
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ccpchef
  • chefmeg