• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Recipe Exchange Boost Your Small Business?

In summary, there is a monthly recipe exchange for women that takes place at a church. Participants bring a recipe to share and can take recipe cards from others. The organizer has decided to let representatives from small businesses sponsor each meeting, including Mary Kay, Super Suppers, Tupperware, and Pampered Chef. On her sponsored month, the Pampered Chef representative will provide drinks, a door prize, and a best recipe prize. She is seeking advice on what materials to bring and what to include in her presentation. Suggestions include hosting flyers, brochures, DVDs, and products for demonstration. It is also recommended to mention upcoming specials, fundraising opportunities, and the Round Up From the Heart campaign.
Cassie1037
Gold Member
I came across a craigslist ad for a monthly recipe exchange for women. I called the organizer and got more details: monthly meeting at a church, anyone invited (women only) brings recipe of her choice for others to try and recipe cards for them to take if they wish. Apparently there have been so many responses to the ad that the organizer has decided to let the reps from small businesses "sponsor" each meeting. Among the many women interested there are personal reps from: Mary Kay, Super Suppers, Tupperware, and (myself) Pampered Chef!!!

So, each meeting I will be able to set out paper materials (catalogs, flyers, etc.) for people to take if they would like and other than that I will be there strictly for the recipe exchange. Now, if anyone approaches me, I can pitch to them and give them info. Otherwise I will not be.

Any ideas of what materials i should bring, or what is best for people to carry away for this type of venue?

Also, on the month that I (Pampered Chef) sponsors the meeting, I will provide drinks, door prize, and best recipe prize for the night. Also, i will be given the chance to get up in front of everyone and tell them about the business, my experience, anything i want to, etc.... any ideas what i should be sure to include? My month is February, so I have a while to plan... but I'm wanting to be prepared. Aghhhh! Please help... anything is valuable, your experiences, what you take to trade shows, etc.

Thanks so much!:thumbup:

What a great opportunity!

For paper materials, I'd have cattys, hosting flyers (the glossy ones from supply order), Your Life Your Way brochures,fundraiser flyer and monthly specials. Take a small case with you containing host packs, calendar and YLYW DVDs.

For your month, that will take a little more thinking through. :)

chefann said:
For paper materials, I'd have cattys, hosting flyers (the glossy ones from supply order), Your Life Your Way brochures,fundraiser flyer and monthly specials. Take a small case with you containing host packs, calendar and YLYW DVDs.

For your month, that will take a little more thinking through. :)

Thank you! I have not heard of the hosting flyers, I will definitely order them though.

I would think about making up little packets for everyone... maybe the mini catalog, your life your way brochure, wedding registry brochure, and hosting brochure. And maybe include in there a flyer with the next several months specials listed on it. You might also include fund raising info. For your presentation, maybe do a super fast demo--something really cool that you can do in under 5 minutes--then maybe walk them through the host benefits and give a visual of what your best host ever received--stack up the products and tell what she paid for all of them, or just stack up $90 worth of stuff and tell them that our average host gets $90 free (I think that is correct). maybe also tell your story super super fast as a way to mention recruiting. Have your calendar and host kits ready for people who want to book. And maybe draw up a list of fun late Feb/March theme shows... soup and slippers, luck o' the Irish, welcome spring... I'm sure you'll have better ideas than those! ;)

Is it at the beginning of the month? do an awesome chocolate recipe they can duplicate for their sweetie

Don't forget Feburary is a great time to talk about retiring products, get a few orders/bookings that way. I would also mention Round up From the Heart since it's a food group. Being women only, don't forget to mention, or bring fliers, on the May HWC month!

--Jenny L

dwyerkim said:
I would think about making up little packets for everyone... maybe the mini catalog, your life your way brochure, wedding registry brochure, and hosting brochure. And maybe include in there a flyer with the next several months specials listed on it. You might also include fund raising info. For your presentation, maybe do a super fast demo--something really cool that you can do in under 5 minutes--then maybe walk them through the host benefits and give a visual of what your best host ever received--stack up the products and tell what she paid for all of them, or just stack up $90 worth of stuff and tell them that our average host gets $90 free (I think that is correct). maybe also tell your story super super fast as a way to mention recruiting. Have your calendar and host kits ready for people who want to book. And maybe draw up a list of fun late Feb/March theme shows... soup and slippers, luck o' the Irish, welcome spring... I'm sure you'll have better ideas than those! ;)
OOH, I love the idea of stacking up the products! Thanks.

Thank you Teresa and Jenny for your ideas, I think a sweet recipe will be perfect... and definitely mention HWC.:thumbup:

What is Pampered Chef's Recipe Exchange program?

Pampered Chef's Recipe Exchange is a community platform where customers and consultants can share and discover new recipes using our products. It's a great way to get inspired and find new ways to use your Pampered Chef tools.

How can I participate in the Recipe Exchange program?

To participate in the Recipe Exchange, simply log in to your consultant account or register for a customer account on our website. From there, you can browse and submit recipes, as well as save your favorites for future use.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to submit a recipe?

No, anyone can submit a recipe to our Recipe Exchange program. We welcome all customers and fans of Pampered Chef to share their favorite recipes and cooking tips with the community.

Can I search for recipes by ingredient on the Recipe Exchange?

Yes, you can search for recipes by ingredient, recipe name, or keyword on our Recipe Exchange platform. This makes it easy to find recipes that use specific ingredients or fit into your dietary preferences.

Are the recipes on the Recipe Exchange tested by Pampered Chef?

Yes, all recipes on our Recipe Exchange platform have been tested by our culinary team to ensure they are delicious and easy to make. We also encourage our community members to leave reviews and ratings on recipes they've tried to help others find the best recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessamary
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Karo
  • tvwalsh72
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies