• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Printing Receipts in the New Web: Paper and Email Options Explained

not just the lucky ones with computers and e-mail addresses can still get them this way.Don't like this at all......I REALLY hope they understand that not everyone has a computer or e-mail address. There should be a way for us to print off receipts. I always send receipts with thank you notes to my host and attach an info sheet to the receipt for the guest.
heather223
Gold Member
Hi! I know in the new web we will be able to email receipts, but can also print them for those that do not have emails. Can anyone tell me if these are printed on the same Paper we use for P3 today? (Placing a supply order and don't want to order a lot if I won't be using it.) Thank you! :chef:

I don't know the answer but I do know that we won't be emailing the receipts, they will automatically be emailed from the program. I am hoping we can use the P3 receipts too. I don't want to have to write them out. The printed ones look so more professional and official. I have sent that question and comment into the new web too.

I agree and I feel the printed receipts cheaper as well. (I currently print my own order forms, so the 2 part ones seem exepensive to me! Never compared the cost thought)

heather223 said:
I agree and I feel the printed receipts cheaper as well. (I currently print my own order forms, so the 2 part ones seem exepensive to me! Never compared the cost thought)

The two part ones are a steal compared to the price of ink for my printer. I do print off OOF's for the host packets but I use the two part forms at my shows. Except this month - I am using an OOF I made because I wanted the FD sets on it too.

BethCooks4U said:
I don't know the answer but I do know that we won't be emailing the receipts, they will automatically be emailed from the program. I am hoping we can use the P3 receipts too. I don't want to have to write them out. The printed ones look so more professional and official. I have sent that question and comment into the new web too.

I also asked HO the question twice about the receipts and they have never responded.

BethCooks4U said:
The two part ones are a steal compared to the price of ink for my printer. I do print off OOF's for the host packets but I use the two part forms at my shows. Except this month - I am using an OOF I made because I wanted the FD sets on it too.

Agreed. If you calculate the cost of ink, paper, and just wear and tear on your printer....it can be just as much or higher. Besides, at least that way, I know the customer got an "official receipt" like they are supposed to. I am always forgetting to give them AFTER a show.

I just submitted a show in the New Web - it was a catalog party and my host didn't get email addresses for 90% of the guests. I just spoke with the HO and there is NO way to print off receipts for customers. I am frustrated because I can't email them and because I was unaware of this, I had given my host the OOF's to fill out. Now unless I handwrite out every single person's order, they will get no receipt. And once you submit the show, there is NO way to go back and have a receipt emailed to a customer if they do have an email address....not that I have found anyway. Not trying to complain - but just giving you all a heads up. Wish I had known this before hand.

That is one of the biggest problems on the new web along with more but you need to hand write receipts for anyone with out an email address . Yes very frustrating .

tinamaxwell said:
I just submitted a show in the New Web - it was a catalog party and my host didn't get email addresses for 90% of the guests. I just spoke with the HO and there is NO way to print off receipts for customers. I am frustrated because I can't email them and because I was unaware of this, I had given my host the OOF's to fill out. Now unless I handwrite out every single person's order, they will get no receipt. And once you submit the show, there is NO way to go back and have a receipt emailed to a customer if they do have an email address....not that I have found anyway. Not trying to complain - but just giving you all a heads up. Wish I had known this before hand.

Don't like this at all......I REALLY hope they understand that not everyone has a computer or e-mail address. There should be a way for us to print off receipts. I always send receipts with thank you notes to my host and attach an info sheet to the receipt for the guest. I hope everyone is passing their dislike of this on to HO while they are fixing other problems.

tinamaxwell said:

You have GOT to be kidding?! This just keeps getting better and better!
How can they do that? They require a receipt for proof-of-purchase or warranty, but we can't go back and retrieve it or give them a receipt after the fact.

EVEN if someone has an email address and they get that receipt, I like that we can currently look up their order history and print another receipt for them if needed. I realize that most companies one deals with when they send you an email receipt, it's YOUR responsibility to take care of it and file it away. But PC has always done it differently in that the consultant could usually help them.

*banging head on desk*

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not on the new web yet, but will come up with some sort of way in Excel to create receipts if that's still a problem when I do get on.

chef131doreen said:
That is one of the biggest problems on the new web along with more but you need to hand write receipts for anyone with out an email address . Yes very frustrating .

Say what? Every day I hear more that I am grateful for not experiencing the new web yet....this is probably one of the worst crazies I've heard about the new web to date. Please tell me it is the worst crazy I've heard?

Here's what I've been doing.... I bought my ipad... BIG MISTAKE since the app is MIA still... could have saved my $400 and bought a new patio set... that's here nor there... I've been printing off the outside order forms with the warranty info on the back and taking a picture of everyone's order with the ipad. Putting them into a picture folder for the host and entering them when I get home. This way everyone goes home with a reciept of some sort.

I'm to the point that if an issue comes up with warranty and reciepts it's no longer my problem. I've done my job to the best of my ability. It's in HO's hands now... and it just can't seem to get right.

We must give them a receipt by law, whether it's a hand written copy of the 2-ply or an emailed copy but honestly how many people really keep them? In the new system they do not need a receipt to do an adjustment. They give PC their name and email (or phone number) and PC can look up all orders placed on the new system. I have always used the official receipts at my shows. I fill in the math and they get a copy. I write myself notes on my copy and when the show is shipped and my notes transferred to my files I toss it (or shred if a cc# is on it). My issue is outside orders and catalog shows. Now I will have to write all of those out and no matter WHAT I say to the host I rarely get an email or phone number with most of those orders.

I spoke to HO right before the new web launched and they told me the same thing. If they don't have an e-mail, they have to have a hand written receipt.....sigh......

This sounds like moving backwards, not forward with technology. :( Hopefully, they'll listen to the frustrations and improve things.

One more question- can you print a show summary in the new web?I also have to add, that I was OK with everything I have heard about the new web until this.... really we are forcing customers to create an account with an email address. And I agree the 2 ply receipt thing feels like we are going backwards! We should be able to print a copy of the customer order on receipt paper like we do now. I currently use my own order form so I can write notes on it and it is done my way! The notes are in the same spot and easy for me to find- not so easy to do on the 2 part form!

If they don't have email, could you put in a fake email that you have access to and then print the receipts from there?not ideal, but maybe a workaround until / if they fix it?

Another option might be quickly setting up separate email addresses online (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.) for each of those who don't want to give out their main email address just for the purpose of that show.

And is PC still advising to enter an email address based on the customer's phone number, something like [email protected]?

Last edited:
They have given us a work around email option to use until they make the fix. We can't use the same email for everyone on the show. The best thing for now is to have them fill out an order form. Change hurts and this is painful but there are many people working to make it better than what we had. If you aren't on the new web yet don't worry, when you get on most if not all of the issues will be resolved. We will all learn to work within the changes that result. We can however make sure that we communicate our preferences. Once things are working smoothly they will start making changes that we tell them we want and that make sense for the company. ...like giving us a way to print receipts and giving us the ability to look up orders and shows so we can continue to give good customer service.

Beth- In the new web- is there a way for us to print a show summary? (I am in the process of putting certain systems in place for my business and don't want to have to do it all over again.) TIA!

heather223 said:
Beth- In the new web- is there a way for us to print a show summary? (I am in the process of putting certain systems in place for my business and don't want to have to do it all over again.) TIA!

Not that I know of but I haven't tried...

ETA: You can see submitted shows so you can at least go back to them.

Last edited:
The y want e- mail addresses or phone # if you don't have the e-mail then you enter the phone [email protected]

But as we all know some we don't get either, so that is going to be hard .
They say the customer doesn't even need a receipt because they are connected to there e- mail or phone , so when they call to return somthing H.O has them on record .
Not liking that at all the we can't print a receipt or summery

chef131doreen said:
The y want e- mail addresses or phone # if you don't have the e-mail then you enter the phone [email protected]

But as we all know some we don't get either, so that is going to be hard .
They say the customer doesn't even need a receipt because they are connected to there e- mail or phone , so when they call to return somthing H.O has them on record .
Not liking that at all the we can't print a receipt or summery

So it sounds like we should be telling our customers that we need either a phone number or e-mail so we can register their purchase with the company. Should they have a need to contact customer service about a product, they won't need to worry about the info on a receipt, the rep can look them up in their system by their info provided. After several years, they may forget where they put the receipt, they may not remember who the host was or when the show was, so by giving them a # or e-mail, it'll be much simpler.

(But by law, they do need to be given a receipt, so PC needs to fix the method options so it's not a pain in the neck for us.)

Yes PC needs to fix the problem of no being able to print receipts , I like to give them to my host also so she can sort the products when the are shipped.

I have had a HOST honestly not have an email address. She was older, just retired and did not have a computer in her home. Yes, not everyone has a computer.

I suspect she had used her work email in the past when she absolutely needed to, but since she had retired, she did not have that anymore. (Another thing, for people who do not have computers at home, they cannot always use their work emails. Companies are starting to monitor this kind of stuff now.)

I CANNOT imagine writing out a HOST receipt by hand!! She had a pretty high show, too - lots of products earned!

My 2 cents...instead of just emailing the host/guest the receipt, maybe PC can always copy the Consultant on that receipt email. That way we will have a copy. It would take some organization on our end to move all those receipt emails to a separate location, but at least we would always have a copy. That way, if we put in a phone number as an email address for the customer, we would still get the email and can print that out for the guest. Beats writing anything out by hand.

You'd think that once they realize how many people have emails as "phonenumber@tpc. com", they will realize that their design of the emailed-receipt won't work as they had figured.

BethCooks4U said:
Not that I know of but I haven't tried...

ETA: You can see submitted shows so you can at least go back to them.

Thank you for the info. I am a little upset that we can't print a show summary. I guess it isn't that big of a deal if we are using the 2 part order forms- I just found it easier to carry a show summary with me when I am out and about to make phone calls. Also, I like to shred order forms after the show. Guest I will just be cutting off the credit card information and shredding that. I am all for change, but I get now why everyone is having such a hard time with this! It really does seem like we are going a little backwards here. ( I am keeping my fingers crossed that some of this changes once they get the kinks worked out and are able to listen to our suggestions.)

Thank you again for your help Beth!

I also have to add- I don't agree with the phone # or email idea. People change their phone numbers all the time, so in my opinion, this isn't really any better than searching by name. Or what if, and I know it is just a what if, they change their phone number and down the road another customer gets the SAME number?? And as many have said, there are people who won't give an email or don't have email. There has to be a better way to do this.

Name, just name. Think about it. I bought a stone two years ago. It cracks. I call PC. They look up my name. There are two people with my name. Even if we both happened to buy a stone during that same time period, there's proof that I did buy it within the guarantee period. ...Even if they had to give the State people know where they live. The consultant search just needs a name and state why not customer search?I used to move every two to three years and my phone number AND often email changed every time. I don't remember the old once I have to learn the new so if I had to tell them my number two years after a move good luck with that. Of course now with cell phones I guess that doesn't happen as much.

BethCooks4U said:
Name, just name. Think about it. I bought a stone two years ago. It cracks. I call PC. They look up my name. There are two people with my name. Even if we both happened to buy a stone during that same time period, there's proof that I did buy it within the guarantee period. ...Even if they had to give the State people know where they live. The consultant search just needs a name and state why not customer search?

I used to move every two to three years and my phone number AND often email changed every time. I don't remember the old once I have to learn the new so if I had to tell them my number two years after a move good luck with that. Of course now with cell phones I guess that doesn't happen as much.

I was just thinking the same thing......I don't remember my phone # or address from years ago. Why can't they use name as primary, then have my secondary criteria such as e-mail, state, phone #'s, etc.

So, so true. I hope PC people who are rumored to come here and read the posts really are reading these threads.

BethCooks4U said:
Name, just name. Think about it. I bought a stone two years ago. It cracks. I call PC. They look up my name. There are two people with my name. Even if we both happened to buy a stone during that same time period, there's proof that I did buy it within the guarantee period. ...Even if they had to give the State people know where they live. The consultant search just needs a name and state why not customer search?

I used to move every two to three years and my phone number AND often email changed every time. I don't remember the old once I have to learn the new so if I had to tell them my number two years after a move good luck with that. Of course now with cell phones I guess that doesn't happen as much.

I just sent a copy of this to the solution center and stated it was posted here and that I agree with it--that many of my customers do not want to give out their emails and/or phone numbers and that I do not want to lose a sale by insisting on it.

Wow! I haven't entered a show with the new format. Sounds like it is not going to be easy. Will have to be ordering more carbonless receipts. Back to the days when I used to have parties years and years ago before I became a Consultant. Will be putting in 4 shows this month (all catalog). Will have to step up earlier than I thought. Need to contact my Hosts and see if they can get emails for everyone. Then we put them into the computer with each order?

chefsara said:
Wow! I haven't entered a show with the new format. Sounds like it is not going to be easy. Will have to be ordering more carbonless receipts. Back to the days when I used to have parties years and years ago before I became a Consultant. Will be putting in 4 shows this month (all catalog). Will have to step up earlier than I thought. Need to contact my Hosts and see if they can get emails for everyone. Then we put them into the computer with each order?

Are you a director or have you started since May 3? If not you aren't on the new web yet and you would still be using P3 to enter these shows.

No matter what I would never wait until the last of the month to enter shows anyway. You never know what might delay it...

babywings76 said:
So, so true.

I hope PC people who are rumored to come here and read the posts really are reading these threads.

We need to send these requests to the HO. I haven't, but only because I am not on the new web yet. I don't want to send my suggestions until I am on it. I get the director update emails so I know there are bigger issues that need fixed now.

I have a bit of an issue almost requiring customers to provide their email address. I currently tell them that their emails come to me only and will be used only for monthly e-newsletters (I don't use the PC ones yet b/c I can't really edit them...there are things I like to put in mine...and don't want them to look exactly like someone else's newsletter).I think it's crazy to not be able to print a receipt. I would be tempted to put my email in there if possible.

Why not enter a secondary email that you access for those customers without email (like PCCustomers@____.com) that you have access to and can then forward any email receipts you need down the road. Then you can also handle warranty issues for your customers because it is all one big customer pool and you aren't losing control.

I have numerous customers that won't give out their email addresses even if they have them and I just put them in under my secondary account (in the current system).

ivykeep said:
Why not enter a secondary email that you access for those customers without email (like PCCustomers@____.com) that you have access to and can then forward any email receipts you need down the road. Then you can also handle warranty issues for your customers because it is all one big customer pool and you aren't losing control.

I have numerous customers that won't give out their email addresses even if they have them and I just put them in under my secondary account (in the current system).

I think that could bite your customer in the arse later. Snce in the new system, they use the email address to look them up (from what I understand....dont think itt is a SMART method, but it is what it is right now). If you use your own secondary, the customer would never know. You may not be around forever, or they may not come to you for customer service issues.

Plus, I didnt think the system let you use the same email address already in the system but with a different customer name?

We can not use the same email twice but until there is a more permanent fix HO has given us the option of putting their phone number in with @my tpc.com. For instance [email protected] That way HO can still find the customer if they have an issue.

This may have been answered someplace else and I should really remember, but do I click 'send receipt' before I transmit the show? Or will the option to send receipts be there after I transmit the show?

I found my answer after searching on the web. I read: "When the Show has been submitted to Home Office, customers receive an email to let them know. That email includes this line: "If you paid by credit card, your card has now been charged.""
So I take it that means an e-mail will automatically go to the customer when the show is submitted. :)

You need to send them a receipt. They will also get an email from the website when you submit the show informing them that now their order is getting processed, etc., but it doesn't include their receipt. You can e-mail it to them after you submit a show, too. You can also cc: the receipt, so if you don't have someone's email and you created an alternative one using a phone number/name/etc, you can then send one to the host.

I know this is rather old, but what is everyone telling their hosts/customers to get them to give you their e-mail address? (The home office uses your e-mail address to send your receipt and keep track of your purchases unless their are any problems in the future.)??

This is the one thing I really hate about the new website. We need a way to print just the receipt--no email attached. I'm closing a catalog show with an Amish woman. It's bad enough that there's extra stuff to print, but very little in the email applies to these women. As for your question, byrd1956, there's not much you can say to someone who doesn't have an email address. Except for this Amish group, for the most part if I don't have an email address they don't get a receipt. They have my contact info if they have a problem.

Agree with you Rae. What you can print looks nothing like a receipt and is VERY difficult to read because of the choice in ink color. Give us access to a one page receipt that looks like a receipt. Can't really be that big of a deal!

I had been printing receipts on P3 paper for those without e-mails. With my last show I decided to send the receipts to the host for those without an e-mail. I used the 'print or send to additional e-mail addresses', put in the hosts' e-mail and in the subject put "xxx's reciept/please print and add to their order". Not sure how the host will feel about this, but thought I would give it a try and then message her on FB to watch for the receipts. She will have to print five. What does everyone think? Should I just have printed them and mailed them to her. (Already spent lots on mailing her host packet and over 40 invitations with only 5 people attending and only 2 ordering at the show. It is an under $300 show so I thought I would try to save somewhere. Is this wrong of me?

Nothing wrong with that at all, byrd1956. I hate that we don't have a simple printable receipt available. I've asked for that time and again from the HO. I encourage everyone to make this request. Maybe some day they'll listen. Not everyone has/uses email. And, asking us to print several pages for each receipt or hand-copy receipts for each order is ridiculous.

To be honest I could not remember if I ever shared my feelings with the home office, so I just did. I figure it wouldn't hurt for them to hear it a second time if I had. I have not heard from my host as to if she wished I had not sent them to her. I am going to send her the brownie pan recipe booklet and tell her to share it with the other ladies that ordered but do not have e-mail, much less a computer. I did not want to print out that many pages to mail.....

I think I should remember this, but can't. Before a show is transferred I click to send receipt. Once a show is transferred do the customers automatically get an e-mail telling the show has been transmitted to the home office?
or do I need to click send second receipt. Thanks for your help.

The emails are automatically sent.

<h2>1. Can I print receipts in the new web?</h2><p>Yes, you can still print receipts in the new web for customers who do not have email addresses.</p><h2>2. Will the receipts be printed on the same paper as P3 receipts?</h2><p>Yes, the receipts in the new web will be printed on the same paper as P3 receipts.</p><h2>3. Do I need to order a separate supply of paper for the new web receipts?</h2><p>No, you can use the same paper supply for both P3 receipts and new web receipts.</p><h2>4. Can I choose to email or print a receipt for a customer?</h2><p>Yes, you will have the option to email or print a receipt for each customer in the new web.</p><h2>5. Will the format of the printed receipts be the same as the emailed receipts?</h2><p>Yes, the format of both the printed and emailed receipts will be the same in the new web.</p>

1. Can I print receipts in the new web?

Yes, you can still print receipts in the new web for customers who do not have email addresses.

2. Will the receipts be printed on the same paper as P3 receipts?

Yes, the receipts in the new web will be printed on the same paper as P3 receipts.

3. Do I need to order a separate supply of paper for the new web receipts?

No, you can use the same paper supply for both P3 receipts and new web receipts.

4. Can I choose to email or print a receipt for a customer?

Yes, you will have the option to email or print a receipt for each customer in the new web.

5. Will the format of the printed receipts be the same as the emailed receipts?

Yes, the format of both the printed and emailed receipts will be the same in the new web.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Whit Meier
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Halle-Doodle