• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: Tips & Tricks

I use the jiffy mixes and put the frosting in after it comes out of the microwave. Mine takes about 4 minutes.
bakinwithbacon
Gold Member
For those of you that have made this. I'm making red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Cook for 4-6 minutes??

Use:
1/2 cake mix & 5 small scoops of icing??

I had to divide the cake mix, and I will mix that with the suggested ingredients, but what do you do about the eggs, it called for 3?

Any other tips, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I make the whole cake recipe and then divide to cook two cakes.

Bakin,My hospitality director showed me how to do a Lava Cake in the RCB last week. She used one of the smaller Duncan Heinz cake mixes that makes 12 cupcakes. Then used 1/2 of the can of creamy frosting. Hope this helps,
Loretta

WOW. I have never heard of this. Is the actual receipes associated with the RCB baker out anywhere.

How long did the lava cake using the RCB take in the microwave?

Pcmamabear, she told us 5 or 6 minutes. I made one the other day in my 1100 watt microwave for 6 minutes, then let it set about 30 minutes in the RCB. It was very good. :p

I cooked mine 6 minutes, turned out great!

I use the Deep Covered Baker, the whole cake mix and full can of icing and cook for 10-12 minutes. This is a huge success at all my shows and I have sold so many DCB's just on this 10 minute demo. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and they will be begging to buy!!

mine only takes 4 min use either the jiffy mixes or the cupcakes sizes for basic flavors

I've yet to make a Lava Cake in anything. Do I put the lid on when I make it in the Round Covered Baker? I want to do one at my party tomorrow night.

Some do it with the lid, some do without. I prefer to bake with the lid and then take it off when I remove it from the microwave. This way it lets the steam escape and lets the cake cool down. Let it sit about 20 min before serving.

Since this cake is not usually flipped is there another creative name we can call the recipe since we do not get the lava effect??

Is it possible to flip it?

I did a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting the other day at a party in the DCB and it was delicious.

Can someone post this entire process for me?

I understand that I use small cake mix boxes or 1/2 of a normal size (RCB), you do the whole box for (DCB)

When or how do you put the frosting in?

Cook 6 minutes for the (RCB) but how long do you cook for the (DCB)?

Let it stand for 20-30 minutes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Missy

Missy, I have not tried the RCB yet, but done this many times in my DCB. Here is the process. 1. mix box cake mix of your choice (i like devils food) according to box directions in classic batter bowl.
2. pour cake mix into DCB (or RCB).
3. using medium scoop, scoop out frosting from can and just glob it on top of the batter. do not try to spread the frosting, you'll just have globs of it on top of the raw batter.
4. cover and microwave 10 min (DCB).
voila! everyone is always impressed. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

1. What is the best way to prevent my cream cheese frosting from becoming too runny?

To prevent your cream cheese frosting from becoming too runny, make sure to use room temperature cream cheese and butter when making the frosting. Also, gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix until desired consistency is reached. If the frosting does become too runny, you can add more powdered sugar or refrigerate it for a few minutes to firm up.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the red velvet cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix for the red velvet cake. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture may differ from using a red velvet cake mix.

3. How do I achieve a vibrant red color for my red velvet cake?

To achieve a vibrant red color for your red velvet cake, use a gel-based red food coloring. Liquid food coloring may result in a less intense color. Also, make sure to use the amount specified in the recipe to avoid altering the flavor of the cake.

4. Can I make the cream cheese frosting ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cream cheese frosting ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using it, let it come to room temperature and mix it again to ensure a smooth consistency.

5. How do I prevent my red velvet cake from sinking in the middle?

To prevent your red velvet cake from sinking in the middle, make sure to not overmix the batter and to not open the oven door too often while baking. Also, make sure your oven is at the correct temperature and that your baking powder and baking soda are fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies