• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried adding raspberry filling to your chocolate lava cake?

In summary, Lorraine suggests adding raspberry filling to a lava cake, and suggests using a mix which does not require water (or, add about a 1/4 cup of water at a time, to make sure the batter is smooth). Lemon cake with lemon pie filling was used in a show last week and was a hit.
pamperedlizf
I know there are several ways to make the "Lava" cake that is such a big hit! I'm going to be hosting a "Raspberry and Chocolate" themed cooking show and I was wondering if anyone has tried adding raspberry filling to a Lava cake (much like adding the peanut butter AND chocolate frosting)?

I've tried making the "dump" cake with raspberry pie filling. The taste was wonderful, but unfortunately I couldn't stand the seeds! Maybe there is a way you could "strain" the seeds from the filling, but I ended up throwing most away because there were too many seeds in it :(

Maybe mix in some of PC's Raspberry Habanero sauce? Sweet with a little kick!

I did find this recipe for a raspberry filling. I guess I just wondered if anyone has tried mixing with that kind of consistency since frosting is so much thicker.

Raspberry Sauce
8 tbsps raspberry seedless jam
1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
2 tbsp orange juice

chefa said:
Maybe mix in some of PC's Raspberry Habanero sauce? Sweet with a little kick!

I was thinking the same thing. Last night I did this with a block of cream cheese wrapped in crescent rolls as someone suggested here. YUMMY!!!

Seedless jam is available (tho more expensive)... or gently warm up raspberry jam and put through a sieve.

pamperedlizf said:
I know there are several ways to make the "Lava" cake that is such a big hit! I'm going to be hosting a "Raspberry and Chocolate" themed cooking show and I was wondering if anyone has tried adding raspberry filling to a Lava cake (much like adding the peanut butter AND chocolate frosting)?

Jillmami said:
I was thinking the same thing. Last night I did this with a block of cream cheese wrapped in crescent rolls as someone suggested here. YUMMY!!!

okay, I haven't tried this--but what if you mixed the raspberry habanero with cream cheese and used that like the peanut butter......

m

As taught by my Director, I mix cherry pie filling in the flip cake (same as the lava cake, but done in the fluted stone). Use the pie filling in place of the oil, and use a mix which does not require water (or, add about a 1/4 cup of water at a time, to make sure the batter is smooth). I haven't tried with raspberry pie filling, though. Would love to hear how it turns out. Someday, I'll try the lemon pie filling with yellow cake, like I keep promising myself.

I did lemon cake with lemon pie filling in the DCB for a show last week... it was amazing!! Everyone loved it, and there were a couple spoonfuls left for me to try. I just mixed up the cake mix as directed, and then spooned the pie filling on top. It was sort of like a pudding cake, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the tip, Lorraine! No frosting? Did you use oil and eggs? Would it have been good/better with the Lemon Sprinkles either on top or mixed in?

I used oil and eggs in the batter, and then served with whipped topping (in they EAD) and the Lemon Sprinkles (everyone put their own on). Thanks for the reminder... I forgot about those finishing touches! It gave one more opportunity to demo an extra couple products!

What is the recipe for Raspberry/Chocolate Lava Cake?

The Pampered Chef Raspberry/Chocolate Lava Cake recipe includes ingredients such as flour, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and raspberry jam. The full recipe and instructions can be found in our recipe book or on our website.

Do I need any special equipment to make Raspberry/Chocolate Lava Cake?

To make this delicious dessert, you will need a set of Mini Fluted Cake Pans or a Mini Fluted Cake Pan Set, which can be purchased from Pampered Chef. These pans are designed specifically for making lava cakes and will give you the perfect result every time.

How do I prevent my Raspberry/Chocolate Lava Cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the lava cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the pan with cooking spray or butter before pouring in the batter. You can also dust the pan with cocoa powder instead of flour for added flavor.

Can I use frozen raspberries instead of raspberry jam in this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen raspberries instead of raspberry jam in this recipe. Simply thaw the raspberries and mash them with a fork to create a jam-like consistency. You may need to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe depending on the sweetness of the frozen raspberries.

How should I serve Raspberry/Chocolate Lava Cake?

Raspberry/Chocolate Lava Cake is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. You can also top it with fresh raspberries or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for an extra decadent treat. Enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
  • babywings76