• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question: Lemon Supreme Microwave Cake

In summary, you can use any brand or type of lemon cake mix for this recipe, as long as you follow the instructions on the box. You do not need a special type of microwave for this recipe, just a standard one with a turntable and enough space for a 9-inch round pan. You can also substitute the lemon for any other type of fruit, adjusting the ingredients accordingly. This cake only needs to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, and can be made in advance and reheated later.
crsnlsa
Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone else has tried the Lemon Supreme Microwave Cake? I made it the other day with just the three ingredients, Dry Cake mix, 3 eggs and lemon pie filling. It tasted great however there were tiny brown spots in the cake that looked like it may have been burning. It seemed really dry when I was mixing it so I added just a bit of water. I'm wondering if I was suppose to ad the water and oil to the cake mix as well? I am suppose to make this cake at a show tomorrow and want to make sure I am cooking it right. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance! :confused:

I haven't tried the Lemon Supreme Microwave Cake myself, but it sounds like you may have added too much water. If the mix was dry, adding a bit of water is fine, but you didn't need to add oil. You may want to reduce the amount of water slightly if you're making it again. Another thing you can do to make sure it doesn't burn is to reduce the cooking time. Start with the recommended time and then check after that to see if it's done. If not, continue to cook in small intervals until it's finished.

I haven't tried the Lemon Supreme Microwave Cake, but it sounds like an interesting recipe! As for the brown spots, it's possible that the cake was burning in the microwave. Did you follow the cooking time and instructions exactly? It's also possible that the dryness was due to not adding the water and oil to the cake mix. I would suggest trying it again with the water and oil added to see if that makes a difference. Good luck with the show tomorrow!

1. Can I use any type of lemon cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any brand or type of lemon cake mix for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box and adjust the cook time accordingly.

2. Do I need a special type of microwave for this recipe?

No, you do not need a special type of microwave for this recipe. Any standard microwave will work as long as it has a turntable and is large enough to fit a 9-inch round pan.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of lemon?

Yes, you can substitute the lemon for any other type of fruit you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the amount of fruit and any additional ingredients accordingly.

4. How long does this cake need to cool before serving?

This cake only needs to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. It is meant to be served warm and will continue to cook slightly as it cools.

5. Can I make this cake in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this cake in advance and reheat it later. Just cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. When ready to serve, reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
  • ajnewchef