• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Cooling Rack From the Kit

In summary, the cooling rack from the new consultant kit is hard to wash by hand and may not be worth the dishwasher space. Amanda recommends using a sponge with a squirt of foam from a hand soap container, spraying it on low spray at a low angle, and wiping it clean.
jesusluvsu2005
Hi! I have a question about the cooling rack from the new consultant kit. It's hard to wash these by hand so could I put it in the dishwasher and then remove it before it starts the drying cycle? Maybe on the top rack? Anyone else do that? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Hmmm, I haven't done that. Mine doesn't get too dirty, even when in direct contact with food. I just use a sponge with a squirt of foam from the Suds Pump (well, actually I refilled a foaming hand soap container for my kitchen; the pump is with my kit - shh! :)) and wipe back side, front side, then legs. I spray it on low spray at a really low angle (not directly through the holes, but down the plane of the rack). That makes it sound so complicated, but really it is so quick! For me, I think it would take up too much dishwasher real estate to make it worthwhile, even if the PIG did say you could use the dishwasher.

I've never put mine in the dishwasher - I've just always hand washed it if it got really dirty (like if I was drizzling something). Otherwise, I just knock of the crumbs if there are any.

I have put mine in the DW but it is flaking a bit and it gets rust spots at the joints. I now prefer to handwash.

The PIG states to handwash only. If you soak it in warm water and use our kitchen brush lightly on it, it comes clean fairly easily.

yeah.... let's say I figured out the hard why it is a hand wash item.... LOL

Thanks guys! I will stick to handwashing. :)

What did you get stuck on it? I usually wash mine with a sponge or my kitchen brush.

Nothing's stuck, just sprayed myself with water from the kitchen sink sprayer. LOL So I figured that the dishwasher would be easier. But I also DESPISE handwashing things. Although I am one of those people who wash their dishes before loading them into the dishwasher. Go figure. LOL :)

1. What are the dimensions of the cooling rack included in the kit?

The cooling rack from the kit measures 16 inches by 10 inches, providing ample space for all of your baked goods to cool evenly.

2. Is the cooling rack dishwasher safe?

Yes, the cooling rack from the kit is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

3. Can the cooling rack be used for other purposes besides cooling baked goods?

Absolutely! The cooling rack can also be used as a trivet to protect your countertops from hot dishes or as a drying rack for dishes.

4. Is the cooling rack made of stainless steel?

Yes, the cooling rack from the kit is made of durable and rust-resistant stainless steel for long-lasting use.

5. How many cookies can fit on the cooling rack at once?

The cooling rack has a generous surface area and can hold up to 2 dozen cookies at a time, making it perfect for large batches of baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jacey
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ddcook