• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Stoneware: Host Discount and Booking Incentives Explained

In summary, the person is launching their PC business in January with an Open House party where they will be the Consultant and the Host. They are aware of a special discount on stoneware for their guests and are wondering if they can also get the discount on top of their host discount. They are also considering offering a 50% discount on stoneware to anyone who books a show for them in February. However, others suggest being cautious about giving too many discounts and instead using host benefits to add to their kit. It is also mentioned that it may be beneficial to have several shows booked before ordering the kit to avoid a "dead calendar." There is also discussion about the 60 day starter period and how it works. Overall, it
Cookin' Mama
I am launching my PC business at the end of January with my own Open House party where I will be the Consultant and the Host. I know that stoneware is on special for all guests at 20% off. When I am the host do I get to buy stoneware at 20% off plus my host discount? I was hoping to have a 30% discount when my show is done, so I was thinking to help me with my bookings that I could say that anyone who books a show for me in February can have 1 piece of stoneware at 50% off. Has anyone does this before? Is it "legal" to do this? Does anyone think that I shouldn't/should do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Yes, you can order the guest special pricing on your host discount (or your free or half price products also!). The biggest thing I see with offering February hosts at 50% off is that I don't normally give booking benefits until the hosts HOLDS her show (I put them on their order when we close the show). You never know what the weather will be like, host cancellations ect.

Added thought: WELCOME TO PC!!!

Teresa,Yes - you get your stoneware at the sale price, and then with the host discount added in.I would suggest though that you not give away too much. Use the host benefits to add to your kit. PC is already providing a special gift for your charter hosts, and there is an INCREDIBLE host bonus for February - I would play up the fact that anyone who has a show in February can, on top of all of the other host benefits, also receive not one, but any TWO items in the catalog for 60% off! I think that this bonus, coupled with the fact that they would be helping you launch your business would be a great incentive for them to book!

I agree with Becky... PC takes GREAT care of our hosts and anything you do now as far as extras may very well be expected of you all throughout your business... and you won't have that wonderful sale later on to take advantage of. There was a super article posted a while back about giving discounts and how it can effect our businesses long term... I'll try and find it.
WELCOME to PC and CS!

Becky's right on the money with that one. And, if you really want to get off to a good start, you'll actually want to have several shows booked already before you order your kit. That way, you don't have a "dead calendar" between your open house and the first booking from it, which is likely to be several weeks later.

Also, are you signing in December so you can get the extra 30 days in your starter period?

Diane,

I would be very interested in reading that article as well if you are able to find it.

I just posted it in a new thread under increasing sales... Discounting and how it affects our business.

chefann said:
Also, are you signing in December so you can get the extra 30 days in your starter period?
I am actually purchasing my kit next week, but I wasn't planning on even having my Open House until January 19th. So, if I purchase my kit on Dec. 21st will I have the 60 days from that date or how does that work? My recruit had told me that I could purchase the kit now and tell PC that I was going to start selling in February and have my Open House in January. So, I guess that what I am trying to ask you is if I purchase my kit next week does my 60 days start then and if I decide to not start hosting parties until February can my 60 days start then?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you all for your great advice. I knew that the 60% off special was a great host special, so I will just leave it at that. I have already had 3 people commit to do shows for me, so hopefully I can talk to them in early January and get those booked for February. I really think that the 60% off sale will reel them in.

Thanks again, you guys are a great group and I am lucky to have found this website!

Your 60 days starts (I believe) when your kit arrives. So no you can't wait to have your 60 days start in February when you may have the majority of your parties. If your open house isn't until Jan.19th - I would wait until latest you can in December to capitalize on your extra days.

Cookin' Mama said:
My recruit had told me that I could purchase the kit now and tell PC that I was going to start selling in February and have my Open House in January. So, I guess that what I am trying to ask you is if I purchase my kit next week does my 60 days start then and if I decide to not start hosting parties until February can my 60 days start then?
That's old information. Your 60/120 days will start from the date your kit is delivered. If you order your kit next week, then it will start before the end of December. Under the old kit program, you could specify a start date a month or so out, but when the kit was upgraded and the new consultant program changed this year, that changed also.

If you've got your heart set on the 19th for your open house, then I'd order your kit on 12/31 (so you still get the extra 30 days). It will be delivered around the 8th (probably) in that instance. Better yet - sit down with your recruiter and figure out what works best for you!

Thanks Ann!

That makes sense to me, I was already going to buy my kit towards the end of this month, so I will still get extra days to earn my PC dollars.

You are such a great source of information, I am sure that I will be coming to you with many more questions!!!

Question 1: What is stoneware and how is it different from other types of bakeware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at extremely high temperatures, resulting in a durable and non-porous surface. This makes it ideal for baking as it can withstand high temperatures and does not absorb moisture, preventing food from sticking. Unlike other types of bakeware such as metal or glass, stoneware evenly distributes heat, resulting in more even and consistent baking.

Question 2: Is stoneware safe to use in the oven and microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in both the oven and microwave. It is designed to withstand high temperatures and can be used in temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is important to note that stoneware should not be used on stovetops or under broilers.

Question 3: How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

Cleaning and caring for stoneware is easy. It is recommended to hand wash stoneware with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the surface. If there are any stubborn stains, let the stoneware soak in warm water before cleaning. It is also important to avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as this can cause it to crack. Proper care will ensure your stoneware lasts for years to come.

Question 4: Can stoneware be used to cook all types of food?

Yes, stoneware can be used to cook a wide variety of foods including meats, vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts. It is a versatile material that can be used for baking, roasting, and reheating. Just be sure to follow the recommended temperature guidelines for your specific stoneware product.

Question 5: Are there any special precautions I should take when using stoneware?

When using stoneware, it is important to avoid sudden temperature changes and to always place the stoneware in a cold oven before turning it on. This will prevent the stoneware from cracking due to thermal shock. It is also recommended to use oven mitts or potholders when handling hot stoneware as it can retain heat for a longer period of time. Additionally, do not place stoneware directly on a hot surface or use metal utensils on the surface as this can cause scratching or damage to the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • rancherswife
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • TJMagoo