• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Rice Cooker and Making the Lava Cake

In summary, the recipe for the Lava/Volcano Cake calls for mixing the cake mix with an electric hand mixer in a bowl before microwaving it. Be careful not to over mix the batter and be sure to use the lid when microwaving it to prevent steam from getting into your fingers.
gailz2
Gold Member
Hi. I need help. I now have the recipe for the Lava/Volcano Cake to be made in the Rice Cooker Plus, but my question is can I mix the cake mix with my electric hand mixer inside the Rice Cooker, or should I do it in a mixing bowl. I don't know if this might scrape the Rice Cooker or not. Please advise.
Thanks!

I just dump all the cake ingredients into the Rice Cooker and use the PC whisk or the mix and scraper. I'm not sure if the electric mixer will scrape the Rice Cooker - I think it might.

gailz2 said:
Hi. I need help. I now have the recipe for the Lava/Volcano Cake to be made in the Rice Cooker Plus, but my question is can I mix the cake mix with my electric hand mixer inside the Rice Cooker, or should I do it in a mixing bowl. I don't know if this might scrape the Rice Cooker or not. Please advise.
Thanks!

You should mix it in a bowl.Your rice cooker plus can get scratched.

This would just be me but part of the FUN of making the rice cooker cake is making it a SHOW. I say "we can go from having a box of cake to eating cake in 20 minutes. Watch this." I put all the ingredients in the rice cooker and mix with the whisk and a scraper, then add the frosting and microwave it. It comes out fine every time and no extra dishes to wash. If you MUST use an electric mixer, I agree that you should not use the rice cooker for the mixing.​

I have to agree w/ Leslie. The fun of making the lava cake is how easy it is. One bowl, one whisk, one scoop (for the frosting). Minimal mess, instant gratification.

I would say mix it in the rice cooker with the whisk too. Using an electric mixer could over mix the batter.

Thank you everyone. Perhaps my mixing it in a bowl with the electric mixer is why it blew up in my microwave (literally chocolate all over the place). It was good, though. I had never heard about the recipe until recently. One more question, how much icing do you add??

For Sure Only 1/2 The Can Of Frosting. :)

Is this recipe for the regular 18 oz box of cake mix, or for the smaller "Jiffy" type cakes? I am set to mix one up right now in my RCP, and it sure looks like a lot of cake mix!! I'm afraid to go ahead with it!

Yes, it is a full size mix that you use, but only half a tub of frosting.

I didn't even know there was a smaller Jiffy cake mix until I made the lemon cakes in the prep bowls - using a regular size mix. YUCK!! It was like eating paste.

Stupid question ... you DO use the lid on the rice cooker, don't you?

Absolutely, you use the lid insert and the lid with the clips. Be careful when you remove
the lid, not to steam your fingers. If the cake has pulled away from the sides of the Rice
Cooker, you are safe in believing it has completely baked. Don't trust the old method of using a cake tester. You let it set for a few minutes before dumping it out on a plate. If it is still gooey. put it back in the Rice cooker and give it 2 more minutes baking time.

As I have reported, somewhere else, I put the four tablespoons of frosting on the top of the bake cake, and use our spreader to ease it toward the edges where it does a FREE
drip over the sides. You don't have to frost the entire sides. The drips look elegant.

1. How do I use the rice cooker to make a lava cake?

To make a lava cake in the rice cooker, first mix together all the dry ingredients for the cake batter. Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Next, grease the rice cooker insert with cooking spray or butter. Pour the cake batter into the insert and set the rice cooker to the "cook" or "cake" setting. Once the cake is done cooking, let it cool for a few minutes before flipping it onto a plate to serve.

2. Can I use any type of rice cooker to make a lava cake?

Yes, you can use any type of rice cooker to make a lava cake as long as it has a "cook" or "cake" setting. However, keep in mind that the size and shape of the rice cooker may affect the cooking time and the final shape of the cake.

3. What ingredients do I need to make a lava cake in the rice cooker?

You will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips to make a lava cake in the rice cooker. You can also add in any additional mix-ins such as nuts or fruit if desired.

4. How long does it take to make a lava cake in the rice cooker?

The cooking time for a lava cake in the rice cooker can vary depending on the model and size of the rice cooker. On average, it takes around 25-30 minutes for the cake to cook on the "cook" or "cake" setting. However, it is best to check on the cake periodically to ensure it is not overcooked.

5. Can I make a gluten-free or vegan lava cake in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free or vegan lava cake in the rice cooker by using alternative ingredients such as gluten-free flour or plant-based milk. Just make sure to adjust the recipe accordingly and check the ingredients to ensure they are suitable for your dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
Replies
Views
D Levad
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl