• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Meatloaf Recipe in the Files for Dcb

In summary, all the ingredients are mixed together and put into a loaf pan. The meatloaf is then microwaved for 22 minutes.
babywings76
Gold Member
Here's the recipe, my question follows.

Meatloaf in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave.

I put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl all together:
1 ½ lb. of hamburger meat

With in food chopper chop the following:
½ C of onions
½ C of Carrots
½ C of Bell Peppers (Colored)

2 C of Previously cooked rice (I used my rice cooker plus-and used left over rice from the day before)

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
¼ crushed garlic
3 T Ketchup
2 eggs beaten
Southwestern Seasoning Mix

Mix all ingredients well, place on cutting board and make a “loaf” like mound. Spray Deep dish covered baker with oil. Transfer to Baker and make sure there are wells on all 4 sides of the mound (for grease collection). Cover top of loaf with Ketchup (Additional). Place lid on baker & bake in microwave for 22 minutes. Check on it after 15-17 minutes. (The middle of the loaf to ensure your microwave time/heat are similar.) that it is done.

Enjoy. Made about 10 one inch servings….and SUPER MOIST!!!! (I will never bake my meat loaf again).

Turkey or ground chicken would be a good low fat recipe< plus take out the egg yolks and add 3 egg whites.

What does it mean to "make sure there are wells on all 4 sides of the mound"? Does that just mean to be sure that there is space between the meatloaf and the sides of the baker?

So many versions! :)Well, now I'm torn. Oh my-how to choose! ;)I wonder how they all taste against each other? My mom's recipe is really good, but my husband doesn't like it. It's basically a loaf with just tomato sauce, or was it paste, over the top. One thing my mom's recipe called for was bread crumbs. You would soak them for a minute or whatever in some milk though first before adding. The theory was that this way the breadcrumbs don't absorb the moisture from the meat and make it dry. Since I'm seeing some recipes that have cooked rice, and some uncooked, I wonder if that theory really doesn't hold true?

UNtil yesterday, I'd never heard of using rice! The oatmeal works well, you don't see or taste it at all, and the meatloaf is moist cooked both ways (micro and oven).

I've never used an egg, although I could see how it would help to bind it all together. Mine does fall apart a bit when it is hot straight out of the oven, but it doesn't bother me :). Oh, I also didn't make any wells... I'd not heard of that either until your post!

Good luck choosing a recipe, let us know how it turns out!

here's my regular recipe for the oven...going to make it in the DCB on sunday in the micro...
2 lbs. ground beef
2 eggs
1 envelope of Lipton Onion soup mix
ketchup ( I usually use about 1/2 cup)
water (I usually use about 1/2 cup)
I sprinkle some Italian seasoning in
uncooked minute rice (usually about 1 1/2 cups

Mix all together and put in loaf pan and bake about 1 hr. 15 minutes or until done...I will use about 3 pounds in DCB and adjust the othe amounts of ingredients...I'm feeding 7 here!!!!

Question 1: What is the recommended cooking time for the Meatloaf Recipe in the Files for Dcb?

The recommended cooking time for the Meatloaf Recipe in the Files for Dcb is 45 minutes to 1 hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Question 2: Can I substitute ground turkey for ground beef in the Meatloaf Recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef in the Meatloaf Recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as turkey may cook faster than beef.

Question 3: Do I need to use a specific type of bread crumbs in the Meatloaf Recipe?

No, you can use any type of bread crumbs in the Meatloaf Recipe. However, Italian seasoned bread crumbs may add more flavor to the dish.

Question 4: Can I freeze the Meatloaf before or after cooking?

Yes, you can freeze the Meatloaf before or after cooking. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil before placing it in the freezer. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator before following the cooking instructions.

Question 5: Can I add vegetables to the Meatloaf Recipe?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the Meatloaf Recipe. Chopped onions, peppers, and carrots are commonly used in meatloaf and can add flavor and nutrition to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies