• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a German Chocolate Cake in a Fluted Pan in the Microwave?

In summary, a fluted pan cake is a baking pan with a decorative edge used for making cakes, quiches, and tarts. It has benefits such as creating a professional look and distributing heat evenly. To prepare the pan, it should be greased and floured or lined with parchment paper. It can be used for most cake recipes, but adjustments to baking time and temperature may be necessary. To clean and care for a fluted pan cake, it should be washed with warm soapy water and not put in the dishwasher to preserve its non-stick coating.
cochef
Gold Member
I have a show this weekend and the host wants to do a German Chocolate cake in the fluted pan in the microwave. She did it one time and said she puts the frosting in the bottom of the pan and then the cake mix. I have always done it the opposite way, with the frosting on top. Does it work both ways :confused:

I don't think it matters since when the icing gets heated up it goes to the bottom anyway.

Putting it on top allows the icing to glaze the entire cake as it melts. Putting on the bottom results in the icing drizzling down the cake as it's inverted. Either works.

I brush a bit of oil on the pan with the silicone brush, add the cake mix then take your chocolete frosting a scoop 4 lg scoop 1 on top 1 on the bottom, and 1 on each side . then it goes in the micowave for 12 min
then flip over on to platter with sides not to drip all over
This works really well

And I just do the cake, then when it comes out of the MW I melt the chocolate in the Microcooker and pour it over the cake. This way the cake has more definition when it comes out of the pan and the frosting sinks in and also fills the well in the middle. It looks a little prettier and of course people just oooh and aah

Thanks for all the great ideas.

1. What is a fluted pan cake?

A fluted pan cake is a type of baking pan with a scalloped or ridged edge. It is typically used to make cakes, but can also be used for other baked goods such as quiches or tarts.

2. What are the benefits of using a fluted pan cake?

A fluted pan cake creates a beautiful decorative edge on your baked goods, making them look more professional and visually appealing. It also helps to evenly distribute heat, resulting in a more evenly baked cake.

3. How do I properly prepare a fluted pan cake?

Before using a fluted pan cake, it is important to properly grease and flour the pan to prevent the cake from sticking. You can also use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan for easier removal.

4. Can I use a fluted pan cake for any type of cake recipe?

Yes, you can use a fluted pan cake for most cake recipes. However, it may be best to adjust the baking time and temperature as needed, as the ridges in the pan may affect how the cake bakes.

5. How do I clean and care for my fluted pan cake?

To clean a fluted pan cake, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils on the pan, as this can damage the non-stick coating. It is also recommended to hand wash and dry the pan rather than putting it in the dishwasher. Proper care will help prolong the life of your fluted pan cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies