• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quarter Auctions: Experiences & Tips

In summary, the conversation is about a quarter auction, which is a type of fundraising event where items are auctioned off for a quarter each. Participants can bid by putting their paddle in the air and tossing quarters into a bucket. The conversation includes tips and experiences from people who have done or attended quarter auctions before, and discussions about the logistics and profitability of hosting one. Some participants have had successful events with a good turnout and high sales, while others are still considering or planning to hold one.
newchefmommy
Has anyone here ever done a quarter auction before? What kind of results did you have. What would you do the same or different? Thanks for any info, ideas etc.

I have seen some information about it on here before but I have not done one myself. I too am interested in hearing from any consultants who have done this. :)

Interesting idea, I wonder how well it went. I am thinking on maybe doing that. I would like to hear how well it went for other consultants

There is some information on here how to hold one. Just remember that you need to follow your state laws and may need a gaming license to do a quarter auction.

I have not done a quarter auction, but have been to my aunt-in-laws quarter actiont hat she had with home and garden party. She had an awesome turnout.

I would love to do that with PC, just you need to have a lot of stock to do it, and there's the break-even point, etc. I don't think it's profitable unless you earn items for free, or have a couple of consultants go in on it together.

If you would like to know how she ran it, let me know.

Would love to know...have not heard of this before!

I am doing a quarter auction next thursday night. I have my items that I want to sell. I was just looking for info on how well people did, what they would do different if they got bookings etc.

The way my Aunt-in-law did it was like this.....

Everyone who came who wanted to participate bought a $5 paddle with a number on it. She also had poker chips with corresponding numbers on in. When you "bought" the paddle, she took the chip and put it in a bucket - this is what she used to draw the numbers from. The paddle was used to put in the air to make sure that she had at least 5 people bidding on an item at all times - if not 5 people - that item didn't go up for auction. She told everyone in advance to bring at least a roll of quarters with them. You took a seat at a table - where there was a catalog and order form (for ordering direclty out of the catalog) and she had a small bucket at every seat to toss your quarters in. she started the auction, and Items ranged from 25 cents to $2. She would hold it up and say this item is 50 cents - if you wanted to bid on it, you would toss your 50 cents into the bucket and put your paddle in the air. When everyone was ready, and she had at least 5 paddles in the air she would start drawing the poker chips and read off the number. If it was your number you one the item.

She had new items, discontinued items, items she might have used durring a demo - and she made it clear that was the case. She also had some cash and carry items as well.

Every so often she would say - ok, it's comercial break - and she would let you know about upcoming specials, or how great it is to host, or how great it is to be a consultant. It was a fun filled evening. She also had a couple of items for a raffle - and she was selling raffle tickets as well as you earned raffle tickets when you brought a munchie to pass or a guest.

Since it was home and garden party - she had everyone go home with a Jar candle - so at the very least you went home with that.

It was a blast. I would love to do it, just trying to amass items, is somewhat difficult, I'm not sure how I would bust even, unless I charged $10 for each paddle. I need to think it out a bit more.

well I am off to my quarter auction. I will let you all know how it went tonight. Wish me luck!

Hey Christina,

How'd you do? How was the show? DId people enjoy it?

I was invited to participate in this with 6 different business. Try that. I was not able to do it though so I am not sure of the results..................

I don't want to hijack this post but I just went to a quarter auction last night. For my first time I think I did well without really knowing what i was doing. I learned a lot on what I want to do next time. :) I received over $100 in orders, 2 potential bookings and over $160 on the items I brought to be auctioned off. I was happy with the outcome. I have two more in August and this time I want more contacts so I will be doing a raffle of some sort. Any other ideas from seasoned quarter auction folks?

Thanks.

Kelly

PampMomof3 said:
Hey Christina,

How'd you do? How was the show? DId people enjoy it?

I really did well. There was 25 vendors there. I had 4 items to auction off and received over 300 dollars in quarters, sold 75 dollars worth of products and booked 1 show. Since this one I have done 2 others and have 3 this month to do. These are really a lot of fun!

I do one everymonth. I am in a direct sales networking group and we kick butt and do great every month :) Our proceeds go to charity and I love doing them and people love coming to them :)

What is a quarter auction?

A quarter auction is a fundraising event where participants bid on items using quarters instead of traditional bidding methods. Each item up for auction is assigned a number of quarters required to bid on it, usually ranging from 1 to 4 quarters. Participants place their quarters in a basket or bowl in front of them, and a number is drawn. If your number is called, you win the item at the designated quarter amount.

How do I participate in a quarter auction?

To participate in a quarter auction, you will need to purchase a paddle or bidding number. These are usually available for a small fee at the event. You will also need quarters to bid on items. Once you have your paddle and quarters, you can start bidding on items that interest you. Remember to listen for your number to be called and have your paddle ready to claim your items.

What are some tips for winning items at a quarter auction?

One tip for winning items at a quarter auction is to arrive early and preview the items up for auction. This will give you a chance to plan which items you want to bid on and how many quarters you are willing to bid. Another tip is to bring a lot of quarters, as you never know how many items you may want to bid on. Lastly, pay attention and be ready to bid when your number is called to increase your chances of winning.

What kind of items can I expect to see at a quarter auction?

The items available at a quarter auction can vary greatly, as they are usually donated by individuals or businesses. Some common items you may see include gift baskets, home decor, kitchen gadgets, and gift cards. Some events may also feature larger items up for auction, such as vacations or electronics.

Are quarter auctions only for fundraising purposes?

No, quarter auctions can also be used as a fun and interactive way to host a party or get-together with friends. These events are often referred to as "QuarterMania" parties and can be a great way to add excitement to a social gathering. Participants can still bid on items using quarters, but there may be fewer items available and the proceeds may go towards the host or a designated charity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nicki25
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jeans Garden
  • MissChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • sarahsellcm