• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Make Delicious Pumpkin Whoopie Pies? Try This Recipe!

In summary, you can use canned pumpkin for this recipe as long as it is pure pumpkin puree. You can substitute eggs with flax eggs or applesauce for a vegan option, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. Different types of flour, such as gluten-free or whole wheat, can be used instead of all-purpose flour, but the texture and taste may also be slightly different. These whoopie pies can last for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container.
KaiKendall
Gold Member
Here ya go! I recommend (ugh can't spell this morning!) using a medium or small scoop. The medium ones still came out RATHER LARGE! If using small scoop, be prepared for like a million pies!! They are awesome! Also, for a Halloween touch, I used colored sugars after squishing the pies together... I did bottom, filling, top, squish, and rolled the sides in colored sugar (black and orange mixed together), then let set.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 500
Thank you!! Can't wait to try these. Did you take pictures of yours??

I also recommend using a smaller scoop for the filling. I.E.: If you used the medium scoop for the cookies, use the small one for the filling. It's just too messy otherwise. Still delicious though!
Here's a few of the ones I did. The mini ones are with the small scoop, and they would be perfect for fairs I think. They're also just the right size for my little kids! ;)

Attachments

• Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 002.JPG
    Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 002.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 518
  • Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 003.JPG
    Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 003.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 508
  • Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 004.JPG
    Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 004.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 423

1. Can I use canned pumpkin for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned pumpkin for this recipe. Just make sure to use pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.

2. Can I substitute the eggs in this recipe for something else?

Yes, you can substitute the eggs with flax eggs or applesauce for a vegan option. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

3. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend or whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different.

4. How long do these whoopie pies last?

If stored in an airtight container, these whoopie pies can last for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator.

5. Can I freeze these whoopie pies?

Yes, you can freeze these whoopie pies for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies