• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Recipe for Cookie Press

In summary, the Pumpkin Spritz Cookies recipe calls for one cup butter, one half cup granulated sugar, three fourths teaspoon ground cinnamon, one half teaspoon ground nutmeg, one fourth teaspoon ground ginger, one egg, one teaspoon vanilla, two and three fourths cups all-purpose flour, three fourths teaspoon baking powder, and additional ground nutmeg.
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone has ever created a "pumpkin" flavored cookie recipe for the Cookie Press? :confused:

hmmm...that sounds great, now i'm wondering too!

Try the weight watcher cake recipe in it. When it is mixed up it is soooo thick almost like a cookie batter. 1 can of 100% Pumpkin mix with 1 box cake mix (I use chocolate, but you can try Spice flavor also).

I wonder if possibly you could try the peanut butter recipe and switch out pumpkin? 1 cup pumpkin, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg?

Good Ideas! I am going to "play around" with ideas later today! I think it would be a great "sample" to take to a booth or show... Little Pumpkin flavored pumpkins!

Would love to hear how it turns out.

Chef Kearns said:
Try the weight watcher cake recipe in it. When it is mixed up it is soooo thick almost like a cookie batter. 1 can of 100% Pumpkin mix with 1 box cake mix (I use chocolate, but you can try Spice flavor also).

What size can of pumpkin pie mix?

I tried the weight watcher recipe last night...didn't work. just made a big mess to clean up :( I tried adding some four and chilling the dough (more like batter) but I just couldn't make it work. I used a large can of pumpkin.

I found this recipe on line. I have not had a chance to try it yet. In the US, you could probably substitute your cinnamon plus spice. Still searching for a shortcut version.;)

Pumpkin Spritz Cookies Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
additional ground nutmeg

Pre-heat your oven to 400 F.

In a large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar and spices until well combined.

Mix in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla until well combined.

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well combined.

Place the dough into a cookie press and press out shapes onto an ungreased half sheet pan (for best cookie baking results use a half sheet pan, not a non-stick cookie sheet).

Lightly sprinkle the cookies with additional nutmeg.

Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set but not browned. Allow the cookies to cool 2 minutes on half sheet pan and then remove them to wire racks to cool completely.

ericadboone said:
I tried the weight watcher recipe last night...didn't work. just made a big mess to clean up :( I tried adding some four and chilling the dough (more like batter) but I just couldn't make it work. I used a large can of pumpkin.
If it's anything of a batter consistancy, it will not work in the press.

RossDeb2 said:
I found this recipe on line. I have not had a chance to try it yet. In the US, you could probably substitute your cinnamon plus spice. Still searching for a shortcut version.;)

Pumpkin Spritz Cookies Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
additional ground nutmeg

Pre-heat your oven to 400 F.

In a large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar and spices until well combined.

Mix in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla until well combined.

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well combined.

Place the dough into a cookie press and press out shapes onto an ungreased half sheet pan (for best cookie baking results use a half sheet pan, not a non-stick cookie sheet).

Lightly sprinkle the cookies with additional nutmeg.

Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set but not browned. Allow the cookies to cool 2 minutes on half sheet pan and then remove them to wire racks to cool completely.

MMMM.... might have to try those soon!

OK... Getting frustrated here! I can tell you what does not work is one spice cake mix... one can of pumpkin and lots of flour! But it does make pretty tasty dough!:confused:

But don't try to eat the cookie! Nasty! Think I will start over... but not till after the show! See ya there!:balloon:

What is a cookie press?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to create various shaped cookies by pressing dough through a disc or patterned plate.

Can I use any type of pumpkin for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either fresh or canned pumpkin puree for this recipe. Just make sure to drain any excess liquid from the canned pumpkin before using.

Do I need any special equipment to make these cookies?

Aside from a cookie press, you will also need a baking sheet and parchment paper to make these cookies.

How long do these cookies need to bake?

The baking time for these cookies is about 10-12 minutes at 375°F. You will know they are done when the edges start to turn golden brown.

Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw in the refrigerator before using in the cookie press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cathyt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
wadesgirl