• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Pumpkin Pie with Nut Topping?

In summary, to make the nut topping for the pumpkin pie, you will need 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. You can use any type of chopped nut for the topping, and you can make the pumpkin pie with nut topping ahead of time. You can also use a store-bought pie crust, but it is recommended to make your own for a flakier crust. To check if the pie is done, insert a knife or toothpick into the center or gently shake the pie to see if the center is set.
mrssyvo
A favorite hostess of mine just e-mailed me. Her friend went to a PC show last week, and consultant spoek of PC recipe, pumpkin pie with a nutty topping. Have any of you hear of this? Do you happen to have the recipe? I told her I would investigate.

Could be this....Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Ingredients:
1 loaf (16 ounces) raisin bread
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 eggs

1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Vanilla frozen yogurt or thawed, frozen fat-free whipped topping (optional)Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray Oval Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Slice bread into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
2. Pour evaporated milk into small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot. In large bowl, whisk pumpkin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, eggs, spice blend and orange zest until smooth. Gradually whisk hot milk into pumpkin mixture.
3. Place half of the bread cubes over bottom of baker; pour half of the pumpkin mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread cubes and remaining pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle pecans evenly over bread. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired. Yield: 8 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 5 g

I don't know- I will send it to her, and see- Thanks Deb

I did a recipe search behind CC and this was the only one that sounded close.

It might be the Pumpkin Pie a la easy...

Someone here must have the recipe. I am using a different computer, so I don't have it. Anyone??

1. How do I make the nut topping for the pumpkin pie?

To make the nut topping for the pumpkin pie, you will need 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts), 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Mix all of the ingredients together and sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin pie before baking.

2. Can I use a different type of nut for the topping?

Yes, you can use any type of chopped nut for the topping, such as almonds, hazelnuts, or pistachios. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spice accordingly to your taste.

3. Can I make the pumpkin pie with nut topping ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the pumpkin pie with nut topping ahead of time. Simply prepare the nut topping and sprinkle it over the pumpkin pie before baking. You can also make the pie crust and filling ahead of time and assemble the pie before baking.

4. Can I use a store-bought pie crust for the pumpkin pie?

Yes, you can use a store-bought pie crust for the pumpkin pie. However, if you have the time, we highly recommend making your own pie crust for a flakier and more flavorful crust.

5. How do I know when the pumpkin pie with nut topping is done?

You can tell when the pumpkin pie with nut topping is done by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, then the pie is done. You can also gently shake the pie and if the center is set, then it is ready to be taken out of the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • sailortena
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • ChefPaulaB