• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried this product to prevent boilovers?

In summary, the spoon trick works to reduce boilovers, and spraying the inside rim of the pot with cooking spray can also help.
valleygirl2
Does anyone have the products that you use to prevent boilovers in pots. I have a customer that would like to purchase too. If you do let me know.:balloon:

She probably means the Boil Control, which was discontinued about 6 years ago.But you can reduce boilovers by placing a bamboo spoon across the top of a pot.

chefann said:
She probably means the Boil Control, which was discontinued about 6 years ago.

But you can reduce boilovers by placing a bamboo spoon across the top of a pot.

Can you explain why that works?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it has something to do with the air currents. The handle of the spoon causes a disturbance in the convection current (hot air rising) of air and steam above the surface of the water. The steam and air have to split to get around the handle, and the handle actually blocks some, directing it back downward toward the surface. Blowing on the surface of a boiling-over pot can reduce the boil-over (ask me how I know :rolleyes:). The air that gets redirected back down is basically blowing on the surface. The spoon trick won't work if the pot is over-filled and boiling away on the high setting of the burner. But it will help slow things down until the cook can turn the burner down a little. (And the Boil Control didn't prevent boil-over, either. They just rattle in the bottom of the pot to make the cook aware so they can turn it down.)

Thanks for the info on the bamboo spoon i will pass that along to my customer.

I also read somewhere to spray the inside rim of the pot with cooking spray to keep it from boiling over.. haven't tried it yet.

I have tried the bamboo spoon and it really does work!!:p

What is the purpose of a product to prevent boilovers?

A product to prevent boilovers is designed to keep pots and pans from boiling over and making a mess on your stovetop. It helps to contain the liquid and prevent spills, making cooking and clean-up much easier.

How does the product to prevent boilovers work?

The product is typically made of a heat-resistant material and is placed on top of the pot or pan while cooking. It creates a seal that allows steam to escape while keeping the liquid from boiling over. Some products also have a vent to release excess steam.

Can the product to prevent boilovers be used on all types of cookware?

Yes, most products to prevent boilovers are designed to be used on all types of cookware, including pots, pans, and even microwave-safe bowls. However, it is important to check the product's instructions to ensure compatibility with your specific cookware.

Is the product to prevent boilovers dishwasher safe?

Many products to prevent boilovers are dishwasher safe, but it is best to check the product's instructions to be sure. Some may need to be hand washed, while others can be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind when using a product to prevent boilovers?

It is important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using any product in the kitchen. Some products may not be suitable for use in high heat or with certain types of cookware. It is also important to use caution when removing the product from a hot pot or pan, as it may be hot. Always use oven mitts or a kitchen towel to protect your hands.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampermeann
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pampermeann
Replies
Views
maryhenderlite
  • chefkugler
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies