• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your thoughts on Product Adjustments?

heel.I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble in the past with product adjustments. I think it's important that all customers feel appreciated and that their concerns are taken into consideration. Thanks for letting us know!I agree that our policy can sometimes feel "easy" and that it may sometimes be abused. I am thankful that PC is so great of a company and will honor their products, but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking with some of the adjustments. I hope the policy doesn't...heel.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I am posting this thread to find out about how others feel about product adjustments.

I am all for product adjustments when the product fails due to poor manufacturing or shipping issues. However I have run across quite a few posts where a product was damaged by user neglect or they seemed to want the item to retain its like new appearance and they intended (or did) a product adjustment.

One of the things I really like about The Pampered Chef is how good they are about honoring product adjustments. I guess I am concerned that overuse or abuse of this might lead to more stringent criteria in the future.

Not pointing any fingers but just testing the water to see if I am the only one.

I agree completely. It irritates me when customers expect to have their items replaced when it's clear they damaged the product (ie, dropped stoneware, ice cream dipper spots from dishwasher and/ leaving in sink wet). I send those customers straight to PC themselves (nicely, of course:)), but I don't care to be involved when I feel it's not warranted.

I, too, worry that returns will have to become more stringent if returns are abused. Good post.

Just want to state that this post is not directly related to any individual or singular post but intended to get feedback about a general principle.

I realize that each situation is unique and that it is not always feasible for all information to be included in posts.

Thanks for understanding.

I try to direct all of my customers to cust svc, too. Then it's on their conscience if they bend the truth in order to get something replaced. And it's up to HO whether to honor the guarantee or not. I agree with you. Too many superficial returns will eventually result in different return policies. Just like too many guests combining orders to save on shipping will eventually result in much higher shipping costs.

I to agree to a point. It is a great selling point for all our customers. I believe if a customer isn't happy with our product they should have it replaced with in a certain time limit. Now trying to replace something that is very old and well used or abused is different.

PC isn't "cheap" and having our excellent guarantee sets up above the rest.

Yikes, I evidently have "stepped on some toes" with this post.

Sorry to anyone that felt offended or personally attacked. I was only trying to get people's opinions.

KimoMakano said:
Yikes, I evidently have "stepped on some toes" with this post.

Sorry to anyone that felt offended or personally attacked. I was only trying to get people's opinions.

:confused::confused::confused:
All the posts sound like they agree with you.....why do you think people are offended?

PMs that were sent to me directly.

Wow - cannot believe people would actually take offense or be threatened that much by your post.

hee hee - they must be feeling guilty about something.:rolleyes:

When I did my first product adjustment, I couldn't BELIEVE how easily it was... I even commented to my director that I would imagine there are people out there that abuse it. Unfortunately, that's just the world in which we live.

It's thanks to this site that I learned from the beginning to send people to HO and let them deal with it. I especially find that handy when it's something they got from another consultant.

Here lately I feel like PC will jump on me b/c of product adjustments. I recently had a hostess receive a box of PC that didn't belong to her, yet the box she didn't get was a guest order of the 5pc set of cookware (not a past hostess either). I had to call PC and give them a list of over $300 in products that didn't belong to my host and tell them that she is missing the 5pc set. No big deal, I was actually happy the hostess was so great to say that she got all of the extras instead of just saying she didn't get the cookware. But then the NEXT day, I receive items I ordered from the outlet, but minus 8 items. The items were not in the origional box and were re-boxed. I got two out of the ten items ordered and had to call and do an adjustment. I was so nervous that something would be wrong w/ my supply order and I would have to call again.

I agree that our policy can sometimes feel "easy" and that it may sometimes be abused. I am thankful that PC is so great of a company and will honor their products, but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking with some of the adjustments. I hope the policy doesn't change.

I just did a bunch of adjustments tonight...

One baking sheet had discolored after "sun drying" tomatoes on it at 200 degrees for a number of hours. Could not get the marks off and the finish was smooth, so something happened to discolor it. They are replacing it.

Citrus press cracked at hinge... they are replacing.
Cookie scoop thing that moves in the scoop won't stay in the bottom of the scoop.. they are replacing
BBQ Turner discolored after a year.. not exactly rust, but some sort of other thing.. they are replacing
Food chopper.. plastic shreds come out when you use it.. they are crediting customer.

Garlic press - after less than a year, it is a really wierd shade of grey. I think the acid from the garlic discolored it, but to this extent?? How much garlic could she have used??? They are replacing.

I have all these packed up in 1 box and am mailing back. I know alot of consultants don't do this for their customer but I do. Personally I like the fact that PC stands behind their products.

Good for you, Carol. I smile every time we get on this subject. Had my RECRUITER brushed me off, and told me to do my own adjustments, she would have lost ME. It was
because of our numerous contacts over my adjustment, and her picking up on my love
of the PC products I had purchased as a $900 hostess the year before, that she ASKED
or INVITED me to join her team. We have been encouraging one another for the past
three years and four months. I am so thankful for her generous spirit. I try to remember that when someone asks me for help with an adjustment.

I recently had a host call to tell me that she was missing about 6 items from the show she did, most of them were small items, but one was a food chopper. I went ahead and put the adjustment in, but told the host I wouldn't be surprised if I got a call about it. I never did and they sent everything out to her.
I know they are good about it, they kind of have to be, we can't prove if the host never received a product...and I always tell my hosts and guests who are missing items that the warehouse is comprised of real people putting their orders in, not some conveyor belt, so human error does occur.

I have only had two things happen to products. One was my Food Chopper plastic sleeve cracked. Not sure why...didn't think I was that hard on it!;) The other was my 5" Utility Knife that got two melted spots on the handle. It also had a few brownish spots on it that I am not sure what happened. I am usually good about cleaning it right away but this happened to be a day I had my grandson and didn't want to be handling it with him close by. He likes to "help" and would have been touching it! I have to return both of these. I should have the replacement knife in a couple of days. They are great!

1. What types of product adjustments does Pampered Chef offer?

Our product adjustments include replacements for damaged or defective items, exchanges for different sizes or colors, and returns for items that do not meet our customers' expectations.

2. How long do I have to request a product adjustment?

We have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. This means you have up to 30 days from the date of purchase to request a product adjustment.

3. How do I request a product adjustment?

You can request a product adjustment by contacting our customer service team either by phone or through our website. Our team will guide you through the process and help you choose the best option for your situation.

4. Will I be charged for a product adjustment?

If the product adjustment is due to a defect or error on our part, there will be no charge. However, if the adjustment is due to a change of mind or preference, there may be a small fee for shipping and handling.

5. Can I return a product I received as a gift for a product adjustment?

Yes, we accept product adjustments for gifts as long as the item was purchased through Pampered Chef. Please provide us with the original order number or the name and email of the person who purchased the gift.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • taterbug