• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Processing a Warranty Return for Someone

In summary, the conversation revolves around a person's experience with handling a return for their aunt's skillet, which had an issue with its coating. They encountered difficulties with the return process and had to contact the company's headquarters for assistance. Eventually, the issue was resolved and the person has now implemented a new policy for handling returns.
jessinthekitchen
So this is kind of a weird question so hopefully someone here can help me.

My Aunt ordered a skillet back in 2002 (way before I was ever a consultant) and then had an issue with the non stick coating flaking off within the past couple of months and asked me to handle the return for her.

I did it all via email with H.O. and nothing is showing up under product adjustment status for me. Even when I manually enter the Reference number.

Does anyone know what this means? I personally paid $21.00 for the shipping so I'm just curious as to if PC even got it?!

I should mention that I just shipped it back on the 23rd of August. But I would still think that something should come up; right?

Call HO, they will be able to tell you. Personally, family or not, I do not handle returns for people that don't purchase from me (and usually if they do purchase from me I still direct them to the number on their receipt!).

If someone doesn't order from me but has the receipt I will call HO for them & get reference# & address to send it back but not pay $21 shipping. If someone did order from me I will get reference# via e-mail & let them know how to return it.

Did you get delivery confirmation and insure it? Once they receive it, they say that it can take a few weeks till you get your replacement. If the adjustment isn't showing up on CC, then call HO to make sure that someone didn't drop the ball on this. But sometimes adjustments don't show up for me on CC until it's been shipped.

Just call them up and give them the ref number, they will be able to tell you what's going on with it.

Thanks. I called them. What a nightmare.

So the place where I had it shipped didn't have a box big enough for the skillet out front so he had to go in the back and get one so he said that he would pack it up and ship it for me when he was done helping the customer behind me.

Well apparantly when he did that he didn't put the correct reference number on the box. He was off by a number. GREAT. Luckily- I had my receipt and was able to see the reference number he did put on the box and the tracking number for fedex. I tracked the box while on the phone with HO and told her that it was indeed delivered and signed for. She told me to email everything to the solution center (so they had everything in writing) and I did. I just used the original email chain that I had from when I had gotten the original reference number from them.

They were able to locate the "missing" skillet by the tracking number and they are sending out the replacement skillet within 2 business days. I'm just curious as to why I was never contacted since my return address and everything was on the box- but whatever. It's being replaced and everyone is happy now. LOL.

I should also add that the doofus never put the sales receipt in the box either... so this is the last time that I let anyone else pack up my returns and the last time I use THAT place!

I'd go complain to the manager at the packing business & see if you can get a refund! ;)

I always ship my products back through the post office. I shipped a whole set of stainless steel back for $20! So, $21 for 1 skillet.. wow! You can get a confirmation number and even some insurance for a small price if need be. Just in case you are interested for next time :) Glad it got worked out!

chefcharity said:
I always ship my products back through the post office. I shipped a whole set of stainless steel back for $20! So, $21 for 1 skillet.. wow! You can get a confirmation number and even some insurance for a small price if need be. Just in case you are interested for next time :) Glad it got worked out!

I went to the post office and they didn't have a box that was big enough for the skillet. The next size box that he had was too big- that's why I went to the specialty shipper.

However- effective today I have a new policy- and if it's after 30 days they take care of themselves. :)

wadesgirl said:
Call HO, they will be able to tell you. Personally, family or not, I do not handle returns for people that don't purchase from me (and usually if they do purchase from me I still direct them to the number on their receipt!).

I'm with ya on that! At the start of the party, I have everyone get out the order form and tell them my consultant ID number, show number, and date to fill in and stress that they should keep their copy for all returns and I have them write the customer service number right below that.

Wow, you went above and beyond. Never go to a specialty shipper--they upcharge you on everything. Sounds like you paid a hefty price for a box too. I have a stash of PC boxes from supply orders and such that I hang on to just for this purpose.I only ship something back for a customer or family member if I am already returning something myself. Paying for returns is not part of our job.

For myself, if it's someone who orders from me and need to return something I go ahead and do it for them...and pay for the return if it's past 30 days...my thinking is good customer service..I want them to think of me anytime PC is mentioned. And tell their friends what a nice person I am:)..I believe this creates return business.

I have helped many people who didn't order from me to find the show info to process a return however I rarely send it back for them. They are grateful that I took the time to help them. I have gotten shows and referrals from people that I did that for months or years before so you never know.

I will research the show info for someone but if it's a piece of cookware (or if the problem is questionable in any way) I will not get the reference number for them. I give them the info to call HO with and let them answer the questions. I don't want to be involved with the guarantee being refused if that would happen.

BethCooks4U said:
I have helped many people who didn't order from me to find the show info to process a return however I rarely send it back for them. They are grateful that I took the time to help them. I have gotten shows and referrals from people that I did that for months or years before so you never know.

I will research the show info for someone but if it's a piece of cookware (or if the problem is questionable in any way) I will not get the reference number for them. I give them the info to call HO with and let them answer the questions. I don't want to be involved with the guarantee being refused if that would happen.

I agree!
TECHNICALLY, as consultants, we are not even supposed to deal with returns anyway. We are to direct the customer to call HO to handle it. That info even used to be on the receipt, I don't know if it is anymore or not, but it stated that.

1. How do I begin the warranty return process for a product?

To begin processing a warranty return, please visit our website and click on the "Returns and Exchanges" tab. From there, you can fill out the necessary information and submit your request.

2. What information do I need to provide for a warranty return?

In order to process your warranty return, we will need your contact information, the product name and number, and a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing with the product.

3. Do I need to have my original receipt for a warranty return?

While having your original receipt can speed up the process, it is not always necessary. As long as you can provide proof of purchase, such as a credit card statement, we can still process your warranty return.

4. How long does the warranty return process typically take?

The time it takes to process a warranty return can vary depending on the specific circumstances. However, we strive to process all returns within 7-10 business days of receiving the product.

5. What happens if my product is no longer under warranty?

If your product is no longer covered under warranty, we may still be able to offer a replacement or repair at a discounted price. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JanisF
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • Nanisu