• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buying Printer Ink for an Epson Ink Jet

In summary, you buy your printer ink at Office Max. The printer ink for this particular model is HP but there are new Office Max ink cartridges for a little cheaper. You also print in black and white with fast draft color except for flyers which you print with fast draft color. You have a newer version of your printer that does automatic duplexing and is wireless. There is a non-wireless version that is cheaper. Costco is another place to buy printer ink. You can also print return addresses on envelopes with the printer. The cartridges for this printer are refilled at Walgreens for $10.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Where do you buy your printer ink? I have an Espon ink jet.

I buy mine at Office Max - it's an HP but they have new Office Max ink for a little cheaper. Plus I always use fast draft in just black for all printing except host special flyers which I print fast draft color. Helps save ink.

I finally invested in a laser printer. I've had it for over a year now, and only had to replace the starter toner cartridge so far.

This one is a newer version of mine, it does automatic duplexing, and is wireless, but there's a non-wireless version that runs around $50:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00450DVDY/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Noora, does that print just black and white or does it do color too?

i went to buy ink for my canon printer and it was CHEAPER to buy a brand new printer with both color and black ink in the box! what is up with that!?

SLDOWDY1978 said:
i went to buy ink for my canon printer and it was CHEAPER to buy a brand new printer with both color and black ink in the box! what is up with that!?

We had a canon printer that came with our camera and ran into the same thing!

I usually get mine (I have an HP) at Office Depot and use our discount. I like to get the XL in blanck only, it is a little bit more expensive but totally worth it. You get almots double the prints than when you use the regular size. The color one I just get the regular size as I try to print in B/W as much as possible.

Another good location to get the ink is at Costco (if you have a membership) but online. Not at the werahouse because there you have to buy it in pack of two only (2 black or 2color). But if you go online you can order them individually. Oh, and their prices are better than Office Depot (even with our discount).

SLDOWDY1978 said:

Yep, ink jets are really the most expensive type of printer once you get into ink cartridge replacement costs. It doesn't matter on the brand - HP/Canon/Lexmark cartridges are all expensive. Those refurbished carttridges don't work well, either - not worth the money.

Next time we need a printer, we're going for a laser one, like Noora. They cost more up-front, but the toner cartridges are far more economical in the long run.

Haha. I was the one buying cartridges for a while and my hubby & son were printing off reams of pages they looked at once and threw away. I got the "nag, nag, nag" look when I told them to only print sheets they really needed. So one day when my hubby was at MicroCenter I called his cell and asked him to pick up a cartridge. LOL.

Teresa LM said:
Noora, does that print just black and white or does it do color too?

It's B&W. I still use my color ink jet printer if I want something in color, but the majority of what I print is in B&W. I try to use the flyers HO sends in the marketing guide, and only use that single one in my flip chart at shows. For specials to put into host packets and such, I print in B&W on brightly colored paper.

NooraK said:
I finally invested in a laser printer. I've had it for over a year now, and only had to replace the starter toner cartridge so far.

This one is a newer version of mine, it does automatic duplexing, and is wireless, but there's a non-wireless version that runs around $50:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00450DVDY/?tag=pfamazon01-20

How much are the cartridges?

I also print return addresses on my envelopes for my hosts, can you run envelopes and such through it?

wadesgirl said:
How much are the cartridges?

I also print return addresses on my envelopes for my hosts, can you run envelopes and such through it?

I think when I finally replaced it, I went for the higher capacity one, and paid about $45. Couldn't tell you how long that'll last, because I'm still on that cartridge, but I've certainly used way more than my ink jet would have lasted.

Mine does have a bypass feeder that I can use for envelopes and labels. However, it only takes one at a time, so it's not that efficient with envelopes. I do use it to print the 30-to-a-sheet labels using the bypass feeder, and they come out fine.

I have my catridges refilled at Walgreens for $10. Within a few minutes it is done. Tip: do it right away or the cartridge dries out and will not work. This has saved me tons!

NooraK said:
I think when I finally replaced it, I went for the higher capacity one, and paid about $45. Couldn't tell you how long that'll last, because I'm still on that cartridge, but I've certainly used way more than my ink jet would have lasted.

Mine does have a bypass feeder that I can use for envelopes and labels. However, it only takes one at a time, so it's not that efficient with envelopes. I do use it to print the 30-to-a-sheet labels using the bypass feeder, and they come out fine.

Might make a good Christmas present! I never know what to ask for but practical stuff is the way I like to go.

I buy mine at Walmart or Office Depot.com. I just got got a new printer that came bundled with my laptop. Had to purchase new ink yesterday and the 2 cartridges did cost $45 (at Staples as there are no local OD's) ! But the black is the XL which is supposed to last 2x long. I try to order the guest special flyers, Host specials and OOFs and any other doc that I use a lot of thru Office Depot.com site to save $ and ink.

I have a Kodak printer/scanner/copier. It's noisy as heck, but the ink cartridges start at only $9.99 at Staples, Best Buy, etc. They now have a XL cartrideg that runs about $16.00.

It's not that great a printer but for me, it was so much cheaper it fit my budget better.

My Epson ink cartridges are about $12 at Office Depot with our discount.

I am definately looking into a laser (B&W/ Color) It is so much faster and the quality is a whole lot better!

Epson is the worst because it was $12 for EVERY COLOR. And I was convinced that it declared itself out of ink before it was!

I saved money by going to Carrot Inks. The sad thing is that you have to use all the same brand at one time so I had to remove cartridges that were new. I think I still have them.

I switched to an HP printer and we have 60 black and 60 color. They're about $15 each, more for the XL cartridges that hold 3 times as much.

1. How do I know if the ink is compatible with my Epson Ink Jet printer?

The best way to ensure compatibility is to check the printer's manual or specifications for the specific ink cartridge model numbers that are recommended. You can also look for the "Epson Approved" label on the ink packaging.

2. Can I use third-party ink instead of the official Epson brand?

Yes, you can use third-party ink, but it is recommended to use the official Epson brand for the best results. Third-party ink may be cheaper, but it can sometimes cause compatibility issues or produce lower quality prints.

3. How do I determine which color ink cartridges I need to replace?

Most Epson Ink Jet printers have a status monitor that displays the ink levels for each color cartridge. You can also check the print quality to see if any colors are running low or have run out completely.

4. Where can I purchase Epson ink for my printer?

You can purchase Epson ink at most office supply stores, electronics stores, and online retailers. It is important to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable source to ensure the ink is genuine and compatible.

5. How long does printer ink typically last?

The lifespan of printer ink can vary depending on usage and storage conditions. On average, ink cartridges can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. It is recommended to use the ink within 6 months of opening the packaging for optimal quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lterman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • LeslieSGI