• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Find the Perfect Pound Cake Recipe!

In summary, a while back someone shared a recipe for making pound cake using a regular cake mix and baking it in a large bar pan. The ingredients include a cake mix, instant pudding mix, melted butter, eggs, and water. The instructions are to mix with a hand mixer, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, and then cool and slice. This recipe was originally shared on a forum and has been recommended for use in making trifle.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
A while back someone posted how to make a pound cake using a regular cake mix and baking it in our Large Bar Pan. (Then cut up for a trifle.) I have searched, but can't find it~

Can someone help me out? I think it used melted butter and eggs...not sure.

Ann~

I think the pound cake recipe was from you????

That was me! Here's what I used:

1 box lemon cake mix
1 4-serving-size box instant vanilla pudding (lemon would probably work too, stronger flavor!)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup water

Mix with a hand mixer for 30 sec. on low, then 2 min. on medium. Spray large bar pan with Baker's Joy. Pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Slice with serrated bread knife.

Here's the original post:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=15404

I bought a box mix for pound cake because I am too cheap to buy the frozen kind! It was $.89 I think, LOL!

You can make any standard cake mix into pound cake by adding an extra egg and a box of instant pudding mix.

My SD had a recipe for a fantastic Pumpkin Spice pound cake that was:
1 yellow cake mix
1 box pumpkin spice instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
Combine ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Pour into sprayed stoneware fluted pan and bake (I don't remember the time).

I think that would be really good made in the bar pan for trifle. MMMMM..... pumpkin.....

chefmelody said:
That was me! Here's what I used:

1 box lemon cake mix
1 4-serving-size box instant vanilla pudding (lemon would probably work too, stronger flavor!)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup water

Mix with a hand mixer for 30 sec. on low, then 2 min. on medium. Spray large bar pan with Baker's Joy. Pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Slice with serrated bread knife.

Here's the original post:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=15404
Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find!!!

1. What type of flour should I use for a pound cake?

The best flour to use for a pound cake is all-purpose flour. It provides the right balance of protein and starch for a tender and moist cake.

2. Can I substitute butter with margarine in a pound cake recipe?

Yes, you can substitute butter with margarine in a pound cake recipe. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

3. How do I prevent my pound cake from sinking in the middle?

To prevent your pound cake from sinking in the middle, make sure to properly cream the butter and sugar, avoid overmixing, and bake at the correct temperature for the recommended time.

4. Can I add fruits or nuts to my pound cake?

Yes, you can add fruits or nuts to your pound cake. Just make sure to evenly distribute them in the batter and adjust the baking time as needed.

5. How should I store my pound cake?

You can store your pound cake at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenne
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • muffetts