• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potatoe Ricer and Meatloaf for November

In summary, a potato ricer is a kitchen tool used to mash cooked potatoes and other vegetables into a fine, fluffy consistency by pressing them through small holes. It can also be used for making baby food or straining excess water from cooked greens. Most potato ricers are dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. The meatloaf for November is a seasonal twist on a traditional meatloaf, incorporating fall flavors. Substitutions can be made for the ground beef, but may affect the final texture and cooking time.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Was thinking about making Garlic Mashed Potatoes with our cookie press and the meatloaf in the DCB for November shows, to boost December bookings. Has anyone tried this combo or tried the cookie press at a show for ricing potatoes?

So funny you mention that. That's one of my recipes for November, except I'm using the rice cooker plus, because it can be used for so much.

I used the cookie press to rice potatoes at home and unless you're REALLY partial to super smooth potatoes then a potato masher works alot faster. The cookie press doesn't hold enough so I had to reload it 3-4 times and I was just making it for me and my hubby (granted, he's a mashed potatoes fiend so it was probably more like 4 servings). I think I cooked the potatoes till they were falling apart in the water but it was still a little too much work for the end result. Again, the potatoes were SUPER smooth, but personally I like them a little chunky so it wasn't worth it for me.

1. What is a potato ricer and how does it work?

A potato ricer is a kitchen tool used to mash cooked potatoes into a fine, fluffy consistency. It works by pressing the potatoes through small holes, creating rice-like pieces. This results in smoother and more evenly mashed potatoes.

2. Can the potato ricer be used for other types of vegetables?

Yes, the potato ricer can also be used for mashing other cooked vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, and squash. It can also be used to make baby food or to strain excess water from cooked greens.

3. Is the potato ricer dishwasher safe?

Yes, most potato ricers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific care and cleaning instructions.

4. How does the meatloaf for November differ from a traditional meatloaf?

The meatloaf for November is a seasonal recipe that incorporates fall flavors such as cranberries, apples, and sage. It is a twist on a traditional meatloaf, adding a touch of sweetness and a unique flavor profile.

5. Can I substitute the ground beef for a different type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or pork. However, the consistency and cooking time may vary slightly, so it's best to follow the recipe as closely as possible for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • ChefMary412
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci