• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker

In summary, Carolyn posted on her FB Page about doing popcorn in the micro in a paper bag. Anyone tried this?
CGutwein
Gold Member
I had a guest tell me recently that she heard you can pop popcorn in the micro cooker. Has anyone heard/tried this? I thought maybe she was remembering about a different product, but the only one I could think of is the 12 inch skillet and that wouldn't go in the microwave.

Any thoughts?

I would think that the kernels would melt the bottom. I wouldn't try it. ;)

:cry: I tried it when a host asked if it could be done....DONT DO IT! The hot kernels melted the bottom...oh well, now we know!

That's what I was thinking too. I just found some old posts about using the rice cooker and one of the replies said they have done it in the batter bowl so maybe that is what she was thinking. Thanks!

Carolyn posted on her FB Page about doing popcorn in the micro in a paper bag. Anyone tried that?

I was just going to post about the batter bowl...don't know the numbers, but I know folks do it!

NooraK said:
Carolyn posted on her FB Page about doing popcorn in the micro in a paper bag. Anyone tried that?

I've air-popped in a paper bag for years. Just dump some kernels in a brown bag, close it up, and micro away. Just like with microwave popcorn, gotta listen for when it's done.

The only problem with air-popped popcorn is that seasonings don't stick to it and it has almost no flavor.

leftymac said:
I've air-popped in a paper bag for years. Just dump some kernels in a brown bag, close it up, and micro away. Just like with microwave popcorn, gotta listen for when it's done.

The only problem with air-popped popcorn is that seasonings don't stick to it and it has almost no flavor.

If you put just a little oil in the bag with the kernels, salt and other seasonings will stick a little better. I microwave popcorn in brown paper bags all the time and this is what I do.

You can even spray the inside of the bag with no stick spray, or use the oil sprayer.

I have a friend that uses this recipe for popcorn in the microwave all the time...
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. saltMix all in a bowl, place in a brown paper bag, close it with a TwixIt! Clip and microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes (varies depending on microwave. Stop when the popping is more than 2 seconds apart to prevent burning)I think this would be a great recipe to mix in the 2 cup prep bowl, place top on and shake, then add to brown paper bag and pop. When popped, place in the batter bowl for serving. And add the parmesan/garlic oil dipping seasoning on it. Maybe add it to the bag and it would mix it up when popping, not sure which would work better. Maybe use the garlic canola oil instead of the veg. oil.Let me know if anyone uses the seasoning and how it turns out.

I was just looking at the product care for the micrcooker and it specifally says to NOT use it for popcorn.

I never knew you could pop regular popcorn in a brown bag. That's WAY cheaper than microwave popcorn!! Woohoo! Trying this TONIGHT! And I'll do the buffalo rub thing they suggested on the Show and Sell CD for this season. What a great show starter....

I do it all the time in the Batter bowl1 tbs oil nuke for 2 mins then add 1/4 to 1/3 cup kernels. Loosely cover either with BB cover or I use an inverted dinner plate. Nuke for 3 mins (in my microwave)if you do this in anything plastic you will ruin it. I ruined my old stackable bowls doing this...

1. What is the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker?

The PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker is a versatile kitchen tool that allows you to cook, steam, and reheat food in the microwave.

2. How does the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker work?

The PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker features a specially designed lid that creates a seal to trap in moisture and heat, allowing food to cook evenly and quickly in the microwave.

3. Is the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker is made from BPA-free, microwave-safe materials and is specifically designed for use in the microwave.

4. What types of food can I cook in the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker?

You can cook a variety of foods in the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker, including vegetables, rice, pasta, and even meats like chicken and fish.

5. How do I clean the PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker?

The PoPampered Cheforn in Microcooker is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. You can also wash it by hand with warm soapy water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • MandyK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
  • PChefPEI