• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got Ideas for Pineapple Rum Sauce? Let's Hear 'Em!

In summary, the Pineapple Rum Sauce is great for appetizers, as a marinade, or as a topping for food. It is also good with brie cheese.
dancedivine
Hey, guys! I'm just looking for ideas for the Pineapple Rum Sauce.... Does anyone have any great recipes or uses for the Pineapple Rum Sauce? Thanks a ton!!!

It's really good poured over the top of grilled salmon. Or pound cake. Or vanilla ice cream. Or pepperoni pizza.

good poured over cream chesse too!

kaseydee said:
good poured over cream chesse too!

That is my favorite way of showing it off because it can showcase the 2qt Collapsible bowl in the collapsed position. Surround with crackers and you have a quick and easy appetizer for your guests.

DessertDivaFL said:
That is my favorite way of showing it off because it can showcase the 2qt Collapsible bowl in the collapsed position. Surround with crackers and you have a quick and easy appetizer for your guests.

Do you literally just "pour" it over the cream cheese, or do you mix it in? Do you use the block cream cheese or the whipped tub?
Jen

Literally pour it over the cream cheese.

Great ideas!!!! Has anyone used it as a marinade or grilled with it?

I just used it today..I put some cut up polish kielbasa in my crockpot and poured some over the kielbasa and let it cook on low for about 4 hours...it was so yummy!

kreaser said:
I just used it today..I put some cut up polish kielbasa in my crockpot and poured some over the kielbasa and let it cook on low for about 4 hours...it was so yummy!

That sounds so so good!

dancedivine said:
Great ideas!!!! Has anyone used it as a marinade or grilled with it?
It's a little thick I think to use as a marinade. Because of the sugar content, I think it would burn pretty quickly if used that way.
I did do a broiled tilapia and brush some on for the last minute or so. That was really good!

kaseydee said:
Literally pour it over the cream cheese.

This is my FAV..... :thumbup:so yummy, I put it on the bamboo platter to display :)

I put 1/3 of the cc. in each of the two small white bowls in the carrier with pineapple rum on one and the ginger wasabi on the other for people to tasted using thick pretzel braids to dip into it.

It is great with brie, as well. Cut your brie in half. Place 1/2 of brie, cut side up, on small bar pan and pour some of the pineapple rum sauce over top. Place second 1/2 of brie on top, cut side up, and pour more pineapple rum sauce over top. Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Yummy!

Oooh, I bet that is good.

Serve with Crackers - like saltines, or wheat thins? Help - I have a wedding shower next weekend and I want to try this, but have never done it. Also, exactly how much pineapple rum sauce are we pouring on top?

Oh my gosh I made a beef stir fry yesterday. After I cut up the beef in bite size pieces I salt and peppered them and stuck it in a zip lock bag I then poured the Ginger Wasabi sauce over it for a quick marinade and then stir fried it. Mixed it with peppers and onions and served it mixed in with rice. My family LOVED it!!! It would probably be great with the Pineapple Rum Sauce too! I'll try that next!

1. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple for the sauce?

Yes, absolutely! Using fresh pineapple will give the sauce a more vibrant and fresh flavor. Just make sure to chop the pineapple into small pieces before adding it to the sauce.

2. How long will the sauce last in the fridge?

The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Make sure to give it a stir before using it again.

3. Can I substitute the rum with another alcohol?

Yes, you can substitute the rum with a different type of alcohol such as bourbon or tequila. However, keep in mind that it will change the flavor of the sauce.

4. Can I use this sauce for anything other than topping on desserts?

Absolutely! This sauce is very versatile and can be used as a marinade for meats, a glaze for grilled fruits, or even mixed into cocktails. Get creative with it!

5. Can I make this sauce in advance for a party?

Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you're ready to use it. It's a great make-ahead recipe for parties and gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
Replies
Views
JAE