• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Arrange Pineapple Slices in a Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

In summary, the ingredients needed for Pina Colada Upside Down Cake are butter, brown sugar, canned pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, and coconut milk. Fresh pineapple can be used instead of canned, but it should be sliced thinly and have the core removed. To prevent sticking, the pan should be greased before adding the pineapple and brown sugar mixture. Coconut milk can be substituted with regular or almond milk, but it adds a delicious tropical flavor. The cake is done when a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
cochef
Gold Member
I am sure some of you have made this cake. Just how do you place the 22 slices around the outer edge of the skillet so they all fit? Do you place them so one small edge of the pineapple is against the pan instead of the rounded edge of the pineapple?
Also, I recently saw recipes in the Files section using tortillas to make paninni's but now I can't find it. Can someone help?
Thanks

The discussion at the big cluster meeting when we tried the new recipes was that it would be better just to put the pineapple on the bottom. I haven't made it but I tasted it. Very good.

Hi there! I have definitely made this cake before and it can be a bit tricky to get all the slices to fit perfectly around the outer edge of the skillet. What I usually do is place them with the rounded edge of the pineapple facing outwards, and then I slightly overlap them so that they all fit. You can also try cutting the slices into smaller pieces if needed. As for the tortilla panini recipes, I'm not sure which specific ones you saw in the Files section, but there are plenty of great recipes online that use tortillas for paninis. You can try searching for "tortilla panini recipes" and see if any of them match the ones you saw. Hope that helps!

1. What ingredients are needed to make Pina Colada Upside Down Cake?

The ingredients for Pina Colada Upside Down Cake include butter, brown sugar, canned pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, and coconut milk.

2. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple. Just make sure to slice it thinly and remove the core before placing it in the bottom of the pan.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to grease the pan thoroughly with butter or cooking spray before adding the pineapple and brown sugar mixture.

4. Can I substitute coconut milk with another type of milk?

Yes, you can substitute coconut milk with another type of milk such as regular milk or almond milk. However, the coconut milk adds a delicious tropical flavor to the cake.

5. How do I know when the cake is done baking?

You can use a toothpick or cake tester to check if the cake is done. Insert it into the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. The edges of the cake should also pull away from the sides of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • pamperedlinda