• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake Be Made on a Nonstick Stone?

In summary, the conversation includes someone planning to make a dish for their cluster meeting and others sharing their experience making it. They discuss using sugar-free ingredients, using sliced pineapple, and using coconut milk instead of coco lopez. They also mention finding coconut milk in the ethnic food section of a grocery store and the potential for it being a "funky mess" when opened. The possibility of using a deep dish baker instead of nonstick cookware is also mentioned.
raebates
Staff member
Anyone tried this? Got any suggestions? I'm planning to make it for our cluster meeting on Monday.

TIA!

I made it for my cluster meeting last month! Everyone loved it! It was very easy to make too! I made mine sugar free even and it was a big hit! I would make it again, but I am on a doctor restricted diet :(

Good to know. Thanks. It sounded really good.

I made it with sliced canned pineapple and it turned out delicious!!!

lissahope26 said:
I made it with sliced canned pineapple and it turned out delicious!!!
I made it with sliced pineapple as well - it was soooooo good! Just be sure and use coconut milk and not coco lopez!

ljeffries said:
I made it with sliced pineapple as well - it was soooooo good! Just be sure and use coconut milk and not coco lopez!
Where do you find that?

In my local grocery store, it is with the ethnic food - with the Thai stuff. Keep in mind, coconut milk is not milk---it will be a funky mess when you open it. You just need to stir it well before mixing it in the cake.

ljeffries said:
Keep in mind, coconut milk is not milk---it will be a funky mess when you open it.

Too funny! Is it similar to a "hot mess"? :D

Tammy

Very similar....

I don't have any of the PC cookware (yet). Any chance this would work in the deep dish baker?

Probably - try it and let us know!

I think it would work, but don't know if you would be able to turn the cake out as easily as in the nonstick.

ljeffries said:
I think it would work, but don't know if you would be able to turn the cake out as easily as in the nonstick.

It depends on how "seasoned" the stone is! :)

What ingredients are needed to make Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake?

To make Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake, you will need:

• 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1 can of pineapple slices in juice
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup of coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup of rum (optional)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup of shredded coconut

Can I make this cake without alcohol?

Yes, the rum in this recipe is optional and can be omitted without affecting the taste of the cake. You can substitute the rum with an equal amount of pineapple juice for a non-alcoholic version.

How do I assemble the Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake?

To assemble the cake, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. In a 9-inch round cake pan, melt the butter and brown sugar together in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place pineapple slices on top of the sugar mixture. In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, pineapple juice, coconut milk, and rum (if using) until well combined. Pour the batter over the pineapple slices and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate.

Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple for this recipe. Simply slice the pineapple into rings and arrange them on top of the sugar mixture in the cake pan. You may need to cook the pineapple and sugar mixture in the oven for a few extra minutes to caramelize the sugar and pineapple together.

Can I add other toppings to this cake?

Absolutely! Some delicious toppings to add to Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake include maraschino cherries, chopped macadamia nuts, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • kam