• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for Making Phone Calls: Tips and Words to Get Started

In summary, trying different approaches and increasing the stakes are good ways to get someone to start talking.
esavvymom
Staff member
I know that various threads have had tidbits of wording here and there, but I wanted to try to organize some words of advice in one place. I'm one of those who needs words to get started! :) And from reading threads, I know I am not alone.

i am committed to starting my year and getting on track the right way. That means I have to pick up the phone to get my calendar filled. *uggh :cry::cry:* I know that NO one likes the phone- but people are using it effectively. I want to pick your brain! I'm basically starting from scratch with my list of 100. I only have about 25 contacts that I've made beyond my list of 100....

So, what are some words you use when you are calling folks on the phone trying to get bookings?
How are you starting the conversations?
Do you follow an outline- if so, what?

*The more specific, the better.... :D* THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Here is one I like. I got it from here and don't know the author. You are welcome to use it if it is something you like.

Attachments

• Phone Script[1].doc
    34 KB · Views: 522
I LOVE this!!! Thank you thank you thank you.....

That is one of my favorite ones for new consultants. Just be sure that you study it and practice it out loud first and make it sound like your personality - change it up if you need to.

Thanks! That one is great for customer care and such ... but what if they aren't "real customers" yet - they haven't bought anything or been to a party? * Cold calls to friends/families/acquantances, etc,
* plus booth contacts who just got catalogs/entered drawings.Those are what I have.

Bobbi i had the same question!! Good luck finding the answer. If you do let me know. :)
Thanks, Jackie

1. What are some tips for making successful phone calls?

Some tips for making successful phone calls include preparing beforehand by researching the person or company you are calling, having a clear purpose for the call, speaking clearly and confidently, and actively listening to the person on the other end.

2. How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls?

To overcome a fear of making phone calls, try practicing with a friend or family member, write down a script or talking points to refer to during the call, and remind yourself that the person on the other end is just a regular person like you.

3. What are some effective words or phrases to use when making phone calls?

Effective words and phrases to use when making phone calls include "hello," "thank you," "please," "may I speak with," "I would like to," and "I appreciate your time."

4. How can I make a good first impression on a phone call?

To make a good first impression on a phone call, make sure to introduce yourself, be polite and friendly, speak clearly and confidently, and listen actively to the person on the other end.

5. What should I do if I get nervous or stumble during a phone call?

If you get nervous or stumble during a phone call, take a deep breath and try to relax. It's okay to pause and gather your thoughts before speaking. You can also apologize and ask the person to repeat themselves if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies