• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pretty and Delicious 2-Ingredient Candy

In summary, this is a very easy candy to make. You can either use a food chopper to break it up or melt it and stir in some crushed peppermint.
thechefofnorthbend
This is probably the easiest candy (next to the 2 step fudge) to make. I like to make it because it's just so dang pretty and yummy to boot!!

Attachments

• Swirled Peppermint Bark.doc
    27 KB · Views: 428
Darby -
This sounds AWESOME! Can't wait to try it!! :) Thanks for sharing!!

thechefofnorthbend said:
This is probably the easiest candy (next to the 2 step fudge) to make. I like to make it because it's just so dang pretty and yummy to boot!!

Could you use the Food Chopper to crumble or smash the candy canes? By me taking the food chopper and some apples, onions or whatever I've sold food choppers at every show :)

Thanks so much for sharing too.

Liz

lizcooks4u said:
Could you use the Food Chopper to crumble or smash the candy canes? By me taking the food chopper and some apples, onions or whatever I've sold food choppers at every show :)

Thanks so much for sharing too.

Liz

Yep. thats how I break my candies up. If I want smaller pieces of bark, in case I throw them into my micro-cake...mmmm, I use the food chopper for the last step. I LOVE my food chopper, I have 2! 1 for veggies/ nuts, 1 for chocolate!:D

That sounds wonderful! I am going to make it with my 5 year old once he gets over this stomach virus he has. My dh loves the peppermint bark they sell at William Sonoma but it's $20 for the can!!! This sounds just as yummy and so much cheaper.

slingmommy said:
That sounds wonderful! I am going to make it with my 5 year old once he gets over this stomach virus he has. My dh loves the peppermint bark they sell at William Sonoma but it's $20 for the can!!! This sounds just as yummy and so much cheaper.

LOL...my sister is a master chef and this is her version of the WS bark!!

We made it and it is GREAT!

Now take you prepared bark and melt it in the microwave. Add some marshmallow creme and serve it with rich brownies...YUM YUM YUM!!!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Now take you prepared bark and melt it in the microwave. Add some marshmallow creme and serve it with rich brownies...YUM YUM YUM!!!
I don't think Melissa has a microwave.:confused:

chefkristin said:
I don't think Melissa has a microwave.:confused:

That is true I believe. I suspect this could also be done in the oven, just use parchment paper and keep an eye on the bark so that it does not over melt.

Or over a double boiler...my sister SWEARS by the double boiler. She says zapping it in the microwave alters the taste.

thechefofnorthbend said:
That sounds so yummy! Christin is right though, I don't have a microwave. However, I could probably do it on the stove top and it would be just as yummy.
P.S. I would like to order that hooded sweatshirt. Can you e-mail me with how to do it through paypal? Thanks!

I used my Meat tenderizer to pound the peppermint candy canes for a recipe
I did this past week. Like you suggested, have the candy canes confined in a freezer thickness bag to keep the mess to a minimum. I left them in the original wrapper and put in the freezer bag before pounding them to smitherines. They were fine enough to sprinkle on the frosting of little green tree cakes that I was decorating. They are one of the current recipes on www.kraftfoods.com . Check out Sparkling Christmas Trees.

I do a version on peppermint barkI take white almond bark and melt it. Then stir in my crushed peppermint. And spread out in a layer to dry and then break up. I saw Paula Deen do this one before. She also adds a peppermint spice or something to hers, but I have always left that out.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Pretty and Delicious 2-Ingredient Candy?

To make this candy, you will only need two ingredients: chocolate and your choice of additional topping, such as nuts, dried fruit, or sprinkles.

2. How do I melt the chocolate for this candy?

You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until it is smooth and completely melted.

3. Can I use any type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as milk, dark, or white chocolate. You can also mix and match different types of chocolate for a unique flavor combination.

4. How long does the candy need to chill before it is ready to eat?

The candy will need to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before it is ready to eat. However, for best results, we recommend letting it chill for at least 1 hour.

5. Can I store the leftover candy for later?

Yes, you can store any leftover candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies