• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Debit Card Vs Visa

In summary, both the PC debit card and the PC credit card are useful tools for consultants, but the PC debit card is more reliable.
DebinNC
Can someone explain to me the difference between the PC Debit Card and the PC Visa card. As a new consultant, should I apply for one over the other or both? I'd prefer one, but I'm not sure which one would be best.

Thanks!

A PC debit card is a way for HO to link to your checking account to withdraw funds for payment on shows, supply orders etc. It can only be used with PC, does not have a Visa or MC logo or anything like that.

A PC credit card is a credit card with the PC logo on it, and works just like any other credit card. PC will only accept PC credit cards from consultants (except those in their first 30 days) for payments. You also earn points with it, though I don't know the details

You will need one or the other to submit your shows. I only have a debit card. I don't have any need for another credit card. Many consultants use the credit card to submit their shows and then pay it off at the end of the month with the funds they've received from shows.

I too have the PC Debit card for the same reason - I don't need another credit card. I have found in almost 2 yrs in the business, that the debit card, linked to my PC "only" account, helps me monitor my expenses and income, alot easier.

OK, Thanks. I intended to just get the debit card, but I wanted to be sure there was no need for the credit card.

Another debit only user!

I haven't been able to apply for the credit card since you have to be stateside to do that & I'm on a military base in Japan ... but the only up side that I can really see to the credit card is when you get a large sum from the show paid in cash/check & you are having to wait for it to show up as a deposit to submit the show. With the CC, you can go ahead & submit the show, then make your deposit at your convenience & pay off the bill when it arrives later in the month. One of my recruits recently encountered that issue. $1,000 show - over $800 in cash & checks. She didn't have that much "expendable" money sitting in her checking account so she had to wait for the deposit to clear.

Sheila said:
I haven't been able to apply for the credit card since you have to be stateside to do that & I'm on a military base in Japan ... but the only up side that I can really see to the credit card is when you get a large sum from the show paid in cash/check & you are having to wait for it to show up as a deposit to submit the show. With the CC, you can go ahead & submit the show, then make your deposit at your convenience & pay off the bill when it arrives later in the month. One of my recruits recently encountered that issue. $1,000 show - over $800 in cash & checks. She didn't have that much "expendable" money sitting in her checking account so she had to wait for the deposit to clear.

That's exactly why I use the PC credit card. I use it for all my supply orders and post office transactions and anything PC related. I don't want to have to wait on buying those things sometimes, so I use the credit card. I pay it off in full every month. Or try to anyway...this fall I did run into some trouble where my shows ended up failing and so I didn't have that commission money to pay off my Samples and supply orders I had put through. It took me a couple months to get back on track. But...I needed those supplies and postage and samples to take to shows, so I just didn't want to wait.

I'm happy using the credit card and am glad I don't have to stress as much about making sure I have checks deposited in time, etc.

But I have heard from debit card users that PC does wait a few days before charging their account. So they usually do have time for those checks to clear.

Having the debit card would force me to be more disciplined I guess. :D

The PC Debit Card seems to work on ACH transactions, so they take 2-3 business days from initiation to be completed. There is a bit of a lag time, but it's not something I would count on to be 100% reliable.

Everyone has to do what works for them. Some are very against credit cards, others don't have the credit rating to get a card, others use them to excess and still others use them responsibly.

If you can discipline yourself to use it only for PC related things and pay it off in full every month then the PC credit card is wonderful. If you have an ongoing balance you'll be paying interest which will be taking away from your real commission totals (eating away at what you earned).

Personally I love using it to submit my shows. That gives me all the time I need to deposit checks/cash and I have a complete record of what I spend. Because I do not use it except for shows and business supplies I haven't run into a problem.

You have to decide if it's something you can use or if you're better off just having the debit card.

I have both. I use the credit card because I don't have to wait till checks clear before I submit a show. I mostly leave the card at home, and use is strictly for shows and supplies. I will take it with me to purchase business supplies or postage. You also earn cash back with the credit card.

I ended up getting a debit card last summer. While at conference, I used my PC credit card. The transaction got messed up and I was charged twice. I disputed the charge (which was ruled in my favor), but in the meantime, I had to close that account and wait for a new number. I panicked because I had two shows that week, and wanted to submit them ASAP. So, I ended up getting the debit card.

I have both but use the cc mostly. I love not worrying about having enough in my account and I love getting the credit back depending on how much I use and I can use it for all business expenses to keep track of, just make sure you pay it off every month!

What is the difference between the Pampered Chef Debit Card and Visa?

The Pampered Chef Debit Card is a prepaid card that can only be used for purchases from Pampered Chef. Visa, on the other hand, is a credit card that can be used for purchases at any merchant that accepts Visa.

Can I use the Pampered Chef Debit Card for online purchases?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Debit Card can be used for online purchases on the Pampered Chef website. However, it cannot be used for online purchases at other retailers.

Are there any fees associated with the Pampered Chef Debit Card?

There are no fees for using the Pampered Chef Debit Card. However, there is a $3 monthly maintenance fee if the card is not used for 12 consecutive months.

What are the benefits of using the Pampered Chef Debit Card?

The Pampered Chef Debit Card allows you to easily track your Pampered Chef purchases and earn rewards points for every dollar spent. It also offers exclusive discounts and promotions for cardholders.

Can I link my Pampered Chef Debit Card to my bank account?

No, the Pampered Chef Debit Card cannot be linked to a bank account. It is a prepaid card that must be loaded with funds before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AZPampered Chef