• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paula Deen Restaurant Question

In summary, the Lady and Sons restaurant is in downtown Savannah, and it is usually a pretty good wait. They do not take reservations.
Andreamd8
Silver Member
Hi Everyone...question for anyone who is familiar with the GA...FL area. My husband and I are going to Orlando/Daytona Beach for a week after Christmas. On the way down, I was hoping to stop and eat at the Paula Deen restaurant. Do any of you guys know how far off of 95 south the restaurant is? Thanks :)

Her restaurant is in downtown Savannah, and there is usually a pretty good wait. They do not take reservations.

Directions to Lady and Sons
From Hilton Head

Take Hwy 278 to Hwy 17. Go left on Hwy 17 and cross the George Talmadge Bridge. Take the Oglethorpe Ave. exit at the bottom of the bridge. Take a left at the third light- Montgomery Ave. Go through the second light to Franklin Square and take a right onto Congress Street. Go three blocks down, and we will be on the left at the intersection of Congress and Whitaker. Please find on street parking. You will not have to pay the meters after 5 pm on weekdays, or on Saturdays or Sundays.

From Jacksonville

Take Interstate 95 North to Interstate 16 East. Take the Montgomery Street exit which is the very last exit on I-16. Go through three lights to Franklin Square and take a right onto Congress Street. Go three blocks down, and we will be on the left at the intersection of Congress and Whitaker. Please find on street parking. You will not have to pay the meters after 5 pm on weekdays, or on Saturdays or Sundays.

From Tybee Island

Take Hwy Us 80 off the island. Go on Hwy 80 until you veer right onto the Islands Expressway. The Islands Expressway will become East President Street. Take a right onto General McIntosh Blvd. which will turn into Bay Street. Take Bay Street down to Whitaker Street. Take a left onto Whitaker Street. Please find on street parking. You will not have to pay the meters after 5 pm on weekdays, or on Saturdays or Sundays.

From Abercorn Street

Take Abercorn Street all the way through downtown to Bay Street. Take a Left onto Bay Street. Take Bay Street down to Whitaker Street. Take a left onto Whitaker Street. Please find on street parking. You will not have to pay the meters after 5 pm on weekdays, or on Saturdays or Sundays.</p>

It's definately worth it, however we stood in line for about 3 hours before they opened the doors in order to get in to eat there. So, if you're looking for a place to eat quickly, this isn't the best option. However, if you're willing to give yourself 1/2 a day in Savannah, it's definately worth it. I went with my parents and sister, so a couple of us stood in line while others went and shopped around town, and then we switched. There are so many cute little boutique shops all up and down the streets of Savannah....definately worth taking a day, or half a day, and enjoy yourself.

It is worth it!! In the morning they start taking names at 9 for the lunch seating starting at 11 and at night they start takin gnames at 3 for seating at 5. Or at least that was the times when we were there in March. My husband went down around 800 to get in line while I was getting me and my son ready for the day. We got seating for around 100.

I agree about the shops around to look in. There is one directly across from the restaurant that has GREAT purses and jewelry. My husband bought me a purse for my birthday from that that I love.

They do take reservations for some Holidays. I had reservations one time for Thanksgiving but we did not get to go. If you are going to be through there New Year's Eve or Day it would be worth it to call and see if that is one of the days they take reservations. They have the info posted on the website http://www.theladyandsons.com.

Here's the infoReservations will be taken for the following dates.
Please note: Reservations cannot be made via e-mail!
Valentines Day: Wednesday, February 14
Easter: Sunday, April 8
Mother's Day: Sunday, May 13
Father's Day: Sunday, June 17
Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 22
New Year's Eve: Monday, December 31

The Lady and Sons
102 W Congress St
Savannah, GA 31401
912.233.8283 fax
912.232.4332 catering fax

Monday through Saturday our host begins to take names for lunch at 9:30 am. But don't fret, if y'all can't get in for lunch, put your name on the list for dinner and join us then! Y'all can spend the day shopping downtown, rest up and then join us for a wonderfully delicious meal. Please remember, we can't take names for dinner until lunch is full. Sunday, as always, is buffet only from 11am until 5 pm. Once again, the host will begin taking names at 9:30 am.

The Lady and Sons gladly takes reservations for parties of ten or more. Reservations must be made by calling the restaurant at 912.233.2600. Reservations can not be made via email or through this site.

We are located at the corner of Whitaker and Congress Streets in Downtown Savannah. Parking for the Lady and Sons restaurant is all on-street parking. You will not have to pay the meters after 5 pm on weekdays, or on Saturdays or Sundays. The Lady and Sons is completely handicap accessible.

If you do end up going, could you do me one little favor?

Could you have your husband create a diversion while you stuff that hotty mcbody son of hers in your purse and run like h-e-double-hockeysticks? I'll PM you offline with my address so you can put a stamp on him and mail him to the north!

:) :love: :)

Jean DeVries said:

Could you have your husband create a diversion while you stuff that hotty mcbody son of hers in your purse and run like h-e-double-hockeysticks? I'll PM you offline with my address so you can put a stamp on him and mail him to the north!

LOL Jean, I'll fight you for him :love:

Jean DeVries said:

They are both cuties, but you do realize that one is married and the other one is gay don't you?

What??!??

I knew the one was married (which is too bad, because he is the cuter one), but I thought I could at least take the other one as a consolation prize.

I really only wanted him for eye candy and killer dinners anyway, so all's good.

Dam*. A good looking guy, close to my age, who is single and can cook.

I should have known he was gay.

His Mom must be wishfully thinking then, because she is always trying to set him up with women! I didn't know he was gay! I had to LOL Jean! Go firgure, right?! Not starting an issue over the "gay" subject, it's just funny how us girls always laugh about all the good "sensitive", love to cook men :chef: already have "boyfriends"! LOL!:cry: :D
I guess Jaime (sp?) (I think that is the married son's name) had better have more babies because Paula sure loves that grandson and I know she would just love any baby for that matter! But you know that she just will spoil the snot out of any baby that is her own grand child!:love: :p :D Lucky kids! I wish I could have Paula Dean for a Grandma, all though I'm sure she's to young for that, it would be more like a mother figure for me, cause I think I'm about her son's ages, I'm probably older!:grumpy:

Andreamd8 said:
Hi Everyone...question for anyone who is familiar with the GA...FL area. My husband and I are going to Orlando/Daytona Beach for a week after Christmas. On the way down, I was hoping to stop and eat at the Paula Deen restaurant. Do any of you guys know how far off of 95 south the restaurant is? Thanks :)

Did you get to go to the restaurant?

What is the address of Paula Deen's restaurant?

Paula Deen's restaurant is located at 102 West Congress Street, Savannah, GA 31401.

What are the hours of operation for Paula Deen's restaurant?

The restaurant is open from 11:00am to 10:00pm Monday through Saturday and from 12:00pm to 9:00pm on Sundays.

What type of cuisine does Paula Deen's restaurant serve?

The restaurant offers classic Southern dishes such as fried chicken, mac and cheese, and shrimp and grits.

Does Paula Deen's restaurant take reservations?

Yes, reservations can be made online or by calling the restaurant directly.

Does Paula Deen's restaurant offer any vegetarian or gluten-free options?

Yes, the restaurant has a few vegetarian dishes on the menu and can accommodate gluten-free requests. Please inform your server of any dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy