• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Mashed Potatoes Easily with a Pastry Blender

In summary, using a pastry blender is a convenient and efficient way to mash potatoes, resulting in a smoother and more consistent texture. It can be used for any type of potato, including tougher ones like sweet potatoes. It is recommended to peel the potatoes before using a pastry blender, and cleaning it is easy with hot water and a brush or in the dishwasher. Additionally, a pastry blender can be used for a variety of recipes beyond mashed potatoes, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.
missydivine
Gold Member
I was at my parents last night, and we were making mashed potatoes. I couldn't find their potatoe masher, and used the pastry blender. It worked wonderful. It was so easy.

One of my customers swears by it for potatoes! She is also very hard to impress, . . .

--Jenny L

I like it for strusel toppings.

Does anyone else have suggestions for other uses?

--Jenny L

um.... backrubs?

Haha! That made me laugh! But would it work, . . .

--Jenny L

Be careful! I did this and my pastry blender broke.

I have used my pastry blender for the same thing...... But make sure the potatoe's are cooked all the way other wise it will break it....

???

Wouldn't cold butter be just as "hard" to mash as a cooked potatoe??

I would have NEVER thought that mashing potatoes with it would break it. If that's the case and it's that fragile, I am glad I just stuck with our old style PB.

I LOVE it for meatloaf! I get the ick when I have to touch raw hamburger and it works amazing for that! Plus the little round guard thingy ensures that I won't touch it!

Great idea for meatloaf! I use our PC gloves but will try the PB next time. Its a great tip for shows as well.

Thanks!

1. How does using a pastry blender make mashed potatoes easier?

Using a pastry blender helps to quickly and evenly mash potatoes without having to use a traditional masher. The sharp blades of the pastry blender cut through the potatoes easily, resulting in a smoother and more consistent texture.

2. Can I use a pastry blender for other types of potatoes, like sweet potatoes?

Yes, a pastry blender can be used for any type of potato. It is especially useful for root vegetables like sweet potatoes, which can be tougher to mash with a traditional masher.

3. Do I need to peel the potatoes before using a pastry blender?

It is recommended to peel the potatoes before using a pastry blender. While the blades can cut through the skin, it may result in a less smooth texture and small pieces of skin in the mashed potatoes.

4. How do I clean a pastry blender after using it for mashed potatoes?

The best way to clean a pastry blender is to rinse it under hot water and use a brush or sponge to remove any stuck-on potato pieces. It can also be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

5. Can I use a pastry blender for other recipes besides mashed potatoes?

Absolutely! A pastry blender is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of recipes such as cutting butter into flour for pie crust or making crumb toppings for desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • ChefMary412
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies