• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheffers: Have You Used the New Pastry Blender?

In summary, some people have used the new style pastry blender, but others don't like it as much because the tines are not sharp and it doesn't cut through cold butter/shortening well.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Has anyone used the new style pastry blender? I earned it, but it is still in the wrapper:rolleyes: . I have 2 or 3 of the old style and just never use it at a show. I have had 3 people in the last week ask me about this product. I don't have any first hand experience. So I need to draw from you!!

Help me out please, Cheffers!

Had two break so far...but I have not used mine either.

I used mine, but not for pastries! I used it to mix/blend my hard egg yolks for devlied eggs....worked great. But only have used it once since I earned it. I have had a few customers see it and say "oh look at this pastry blender" I personally wouldn't have known what it was if I saw it at a show as a guest...I guess if you use that sort of thing you know what it is...
Sorry, that's all the info I have on it...

One of my customer's wants to buy one for her husband. He owns his own restaurant (pizza joint) and they used the old style PC blender and wanted to get another PC one. I don't like recommending a product I'm unsure about. So far not so good though.

Did they like the old one? If they purchased it and didn't like it they can return it can't they? Or let them borrow yours to try it out...I don't know how well you know the customer, but if your not using it...
That's what I would do(of course only if they lived very local)
I tell my customers if they aren't happy with something bought please let me know and I will return it for them....fortunately everyone is usually very satisfied with their products...

They are happy with it. It broke. Two of the tines broke on the last one they had. If they were local I would do that. They are from my customers in Phoenix. I'm in San Antonio now.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don't remember what the old one looked like compared to the new...funny thing though, I just read "pamperedlinda"s newsletter for June and at the bottom is the recipe for deviled eggs which tells you the pastry blender works great for...just thought that was funny, I just said that's the only thing I used it for so far....I don't know why I chose to use it....good luck, sorry I couldn't offer more info..

I use mine and love it. The motion is much more natural than that used with a normal pastry blender. It's also really easy to clean. Love it!

I love mine I use it to mash potatoes !!

I don't like it as much for making pie crusts because the tines aren't sharp and don't cut through cold butter/shortening very well. I used it A LOT when I was making my daughter's baby food and use to use it to break up hambuger when cooking it, but with the new mix 'n chop, not doin' that anymore.

Even if they don't live locally, as long as it is within 30 days of the SHIPMENT date, PC will pay to send it back if they don't like it.

katie0128 said:
I don't like it as much for making pie crusts because the tines aren't sharp and don't cut through cold butter/shortening very well. I used it A LOT when I was making my daughter's baby food and use to use it to break up hambuger when cooking it, but with the new mix 'n chop, not doin' that anymore.

Now, see, I like it for cutting cold butter into flour because it sort of mashes it in, as well as breaking it up. It seems to incorporate it better. Hmm. Different strokes for different folks. Right?

I have one customer who loves it ,although she has had 2 break already and is replacing with a 3rd.

1. How is the new pastry blender different from the traditional one?

The new pastry blender from Pampered Chef features a unique curved design that allows for easier and more efficient blending of ingredients. It also has a comfortable handle for a better grip and is made with durable stainless steel blades.

2. Can the new pastry blender be used for other tasks besides making pastry dough?

Yes, the new pastry blender can also be used for cutting butter or shortening into flour for crumb toppings or for mixing in other ingredients such as nuts or chocolate chips.

3. Is the new pastry blender dishwasher safe?

Yes, the new pastry blender is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean up after use. However, we recommend washing it by hand with warm soapy water for best results and to prolong its lifespan.

4. How does the new pastry blender help save time in the kitchen?

The unique curved design of the new pastry blender allows for a more efficient blending process, cutting down on the time it takes to mix ingredients together. Its comfortable handle also makes it easier to use, reducing hand fatigue and allowing for quicker preparation of dough.

5. Can the new pastry blender be used for gluten-free or dairy-free recipes?

Yes, the new pastry blender can be used for a variety of recipes, including gluten-free and dairy-free ones. Its versatile design and sturdy construction make it suitable for all types of baking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Linda Lehman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RAWOLFI
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies