• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Vintage Door Handle

In summary, to determine the size of a vintage door handle, measure the distance between the center of the handle's screw holes. Vintage door handles can be used on modern doors as long as they are compatible with the door's thickness and have the correct latch mechanism. They are typically made of materials such as brass, bronze, iron, and ceramic. To clean and maintain a vintage door handle, use a soft cloth and mild soap and water, and avoid harsh chemicals. Replacement parts for vintage door handles can be found from the manufacturer or antique hardware stores.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Does anyone have one of these from the past? I have someone that is looking for one because they really like the handle on it.

I believe I do have one new in package.

If you do, let me know cost. I met the lady at an event & she is from out of state so I may take me awhile to get with her to find out what she wants to do. Thanks.

I do also if Beth doesn't have one.....brand new in package.

Thank you. I will give Beth a few days to check & get back w/me.

I do have one, actually two, new in package. I will send you an email as soon as I get the shipping price which should be in about 2 minutes.

Is this the old one with the long handle? I just did a show with a host who broke hers and would love to have a replacement. If that's the one you guys are talking about and there's an extra floating around, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

kristamk said:
Is this the old one with the long handle? I just did a show with a host who broke hers and would love to have a replacement. If that's the one you guys are talking about and there's an extra floating around, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Yes that is the one. I have two new ones so if you are interested pm or email me.

1. How do I determine the size of the vintage door handle I need?

To determine the size of the vintage door handle you need, measure the distance between the center of the handle's screw holes. This is known as the "center-to-center" measurement. You can then use this measurement to find a compatible handle.

2. Can I use a vintage door handle on a modern door?

Yes, you can use a vintage door handle on a modern door as long as the handle is compatible with the door's thickness and has the correct type of latch mechanism. It is always recommended to check the specifications of the handle before purchasing to ensure compatibility.

3. What materials are vintage door handles typically made of?

Vintage door handles can be made of a variety of materials, including brass, bronze, iron, and ceramic. Some handles may also feature decorative elements such as glass or crystal. The material used often depends on the time period and style of the handle.

4. How do I clean and maintain a vintage door handle?

To clean a vintage door handle, use a soft cloth and mild soap and water to gently wipe away any dust or dirt. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the finish. To maintain the handle's shine, you can also use a brass or metal polish. Be sure to dry the handle thoroughly after cleaning to prevent rust or corrosion.

5. Can I find replacement parts for a vintage door handle?

Yes, many vintage door handle manufacturers offer replacement parts for their products. It is important to know the brand and model of your handle in order to find the correct replacement parts. You can also check with antique hardware stores or online marketplaces for vintage door handle parts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Linda Lehman