1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

Pasta in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by minirottie, Aug 19, 2011.

1. I just got a call from a truck driver who is interested in the Rice Cooker..he said he's looking for something to do pasta, rice, veggies in, while on the road. I've gone through all the files on the RCP and don't see any suggestions for cooking pasta. I've seen a few people post that they do it..what would be cooking recommendations on how to do a pasta directly in it?

2. pmprdprettyinsnj

pmprdprettyinsnj Silver Member

Found this in one of the rice cooker booklets:

Pasta in the Rice Cooker
    Add pasta (about 1/3 to 1/2 of the box of spaghetti) & cover with water to about an inch higher than the noodles, cooks for 10 minutes and then check for doneness, if to your liking, drain it, Add sauce and serve. A one pot meal! Be careful about how much water you put in it, do not fill it to the top or it will overflow. All microwaves have different wattage so you may have to adjust the cook time.

Kraft Mac N Cheese is 10-11 minutes.
    Premade tortellini is about 4 minutes

Small amounts of thin pasta, enough for 1 serving, takes about 2 minutes, heavier pasta like elbow might take 5-6 minutes.

Here is the booklet I used:

Attached Files:

3. Thank you! I must have gone through 15 files and didn't get this one lol

4. tiggerhale

tiggerhale Gold Member

There's also the Perfect Pasta one on CC under Chicken Your Way :)

5. I use mine all the time for Kraft Mac&Cheese and then add tuna and peas (and maybe some extra cheese) for an easy tuna noodle casserole. Love it!

6. gailz2

gailz2 Gold Member

pmprdprty--thank you for sharing this!

7. We call that "TunaMacApeas" at our house. I always make it when my husband is out of town.. he thinks Kraft Mac and cheese is a sin.. I love it lol

8. purpleluvs3

purpleluvs3 Gold Member

Thanks so much, I have been needing this for one of my customers.