• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Homemade Pancake and Waffle Recipes - Tips and Tricks Included!

In summary, the conversation is about different recipes for making waffles or pancakes from scratch. The first person shares a recipe with different variations and the second person shares another recipe with a 7-Up twist. The third person asks for help with making pancakes in a bar pan and receives suggestions from others. The conversation then shifts to discussing Alton Brown's opinion on using the same recipe for both pancakes and waffles. Some people prefer to use different recipes for each, while others have had success using waffle batter for pancakes.
SillyChef
Does anyone have a recipe for waffles or pancakes from scratch. I usually store mine for at least a day or two, and then remake the batch again. Any suggestions?

I used to buy Bisquick to make pancakes but haven't done it in a long, long time!

Here is the recipe I have used for years.

2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 TBSP baking powder
2 Cups flour (originally 1 1/4 cup all purpose and 3/4 cup Cornmeal)
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 cup milk (could use buttermilk)
3 TBSP vegetable oil (or melted butter)

Sift together sugar, salt, baking powder and flour. Combine eggs, milk, and oil, add to flour. Stir till fairly smooth. Drop by 1/4 cup onto lightly greased griddle, cook until dry on edges and bubbly. Turn and cooked until browned on bottom.

(orginal recipe from Mountain Makins in the Smokies )
This book was either written in 1994 or I got the recipe in 1994. I know that I have used it at least 10 years.

You can add just about anything to it, like blueberries, apples, etc.

I also use different flours, like wheat and cornmeal, using the cornmeal measurement above. This will make it a tougher texture pancake. All Purpose flour is makes a more tender pancake.

Thanks!!! I ran out of the bisquick so I had to make something before my son got fussy. lol.

Thanks, Tina! This may be something I'll try over the weekend. Haven't made pancakes in ages!

Extra Light and Fluffy Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 cup sifted all purpose, pastry, or cake flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
2 egg yolks
3/4 cups milk, more or less
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon sugar

Directions:

1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, most of the milk, and the melted butter together until smooth.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the mixed wet ingredients all at once. Stir until just combined. (Over-mixing will make for a tough pancake.)
4. Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy and soft peaks appear as for meringue. Add the sugar toward the end of the beating. Fold the egg whites gently into the batter with a spatula. Add milk as necessary to get the right consistency.
5. Cook as you would other pancakes.

Or....Pancake Batter

Ingredients
1 cup Pancake Mix
1 Egg
1 can 7-Up Soda
2 cups Flour
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Directions
Mix pancake mix, egg and 7-Up together. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Prepare as you would, your breakfast pancakes. For an added treat, add apple or cherry pie filling.

I want to make these in the bar pan tomorrow. I have never made pancakes in the bar pan and need to know what temp and how long. TIA

Thanks that helped a bunch. My husband thinks this is a crazy idea, but we are off to try it now. Thanks

Bake them in the oven in the silicone cupcake pan!! They turn out great. Just spray them a little with Pam first!!! I'm doing this tomorrow for a brunch show!

Don't use the same recipe for pancakes as waffles per Alton Brown. He did a show about it the other day. He is such a wacko! However, I don't like the waffles my husband makes out of the pancake mix. They don't taste quite right. The pancakes are great, but the waffles are a bit off. So why not look it up on www.foodnetwork.com ?

I love Alton Brown!!! DS and I watched one of his chocolate shows last week. He was making truffles. Mmmm..... then ds asked me when we were going to make chocolate. :)

DebbieJ said:
I love Alton Brown!!! DS and I watched one of his chocolate shows last week. He was making truffles. Mmmm..... then ds asked me when we were going to make chocolate. :)

Yeah, he cracks me up!!!

Chef Kearns said:
Don't use the same recipe for pancakes as waffles per Alton Brown. He did a show about it the other day. He is such a wacko! However, I don't like the waffles my husband makes out of the pancake mix. They don't taste quite right. The pancakes are great, but the waffles are a bit off. So why not look it up on www.foodnetwork.com ?

You can't use pancake batter for waffles because they won't rise right. However, I use waffle batter for pancakes all the time. We call them wafflecakes. My recipe is really eggy, so my guys don't even put syrup or anything on them. I would share the recipe, but I'm at work. It's the one from The Joy of Cooking.

BTW, I think my guys are crazy. IMHO, waffles and pancakes are only vehicles for butter or syrup. :D

raebates said:
BTW, I think my guys are crazy. IMHO, waffles and pancakes are only vehicles for butter or syrup. :D
You sound like my DH. Cake is only there to carry the frosting to your mouth. And muffins should more accurately be called "butter sponges". :D

You mean they're not???!!!!!!

1. How do I make fluffy pancakes or waffles?

To make fluffy pancakes or waffles, use a recipe that includes baking powder or baking soda as a leavening agent. Be sure not to overmix the batter, as this can result in dense pancakes or waffles. Letting the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking can also help create a fluffier texture.

2. Can I make pancakes or waffles without eggs?

Yes, there are many egg-free pancake and waffle recipes available. Some common substitutions for eggs include using a flax or chia seed "egg," mashed bananas, or applesauce.

3. What is the best type of flour to use for pancakes or waffles?

The best type of flour to use for pancakes or waffles is all-purpose flour. This type of flour has a medium protein content and provides the perfect texture for fluffy pancakes and crispy waffles. However, you can also use alternative flours such as whole wheat, almond, or gluten-free flour for a healthier or dietary-friendly option.

4. How do I prevent my pancakes or waffles from sticking to the pan?

To prevent pancakes or waffles from sticking to the pan, make sure to use a well-greased or non-stick pan. You can also use cooking spray or butter on the pan before pouring the batter. Additionally, waiting until the pan is hot before adding the batter can help prevent sticking.

5. Can I make pancake or waffle batter ahead of time?

Yes, you can make pancake or waffle batter ahead of time. Keep the batter in an airtight container in the fridge and use within 1-2 days. If the batter thickens, you can add a little more liquid before cooking. You can also freeze the batter for up to 1 month and thaw it in the fridge before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • quimbychic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
  • ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes