• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pan for the Gooey Choc. Mini Cakes

In summary, the recipe can be made in a regular cupcake pan, and the cooking times are similar. The Reese's Whips are hard to find, but can be found in a different spot than expected. The recipe can also be made with prep bowls.
babywings76
Gold Member
I don't own the Silicone Floral Cupcake pan, so I'm wondering what else I can use for this recipe. Since the mix is only 9 oz and I'll be buying a standard mix, I can double the recipe and put it in something else, right? How do our prep bowls compare? How about our regular cupcake stoneware pan? Any recommendations?

Has anyone tried this recipe yet? Is it best fresh or can I make it a few hours earlier than I want to serve it?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I would think you could do it in a regular cupcake pan, not sure how the cooking times compare. I am thinking probably pretty close because when I make normal muffins or what not using the silicone I bake them for what the box says for a regular muffin pan. So if you use the stoneware muffin pan you may need to change it accordingly because sometimes that takes a few more mins to cook things.

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how they turn out tomorrow! :)

babywings76 said:
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks for the laugh! I've said that line myself!

Please let us know how your recipe turns out. I'll be anxious to try it myself. Anything with the words chocolate and gooey sounds good to me!

Melissa78 said:
Thanks for the laugh! I've said that line myself!

Please let us know how your recipe turns out. I'll be anxious to try it myself. Anything with the words chocolate and gooey sounds good to me!

:thumbup::love:

Glad I made you smile. :DI haven't made them yet, but thought I'd let you guys know that after searching Walmart like crazy last night I made 2 discoveries! 1. They do have the 9oz mixes. They aren't Jiffy, they are Duncan Hines and they are "cupcake mixes". I was so surprised, I have never seen these before.2. The Reese's Whipps were so hard to find. I searched every single candy lane and the main candy isle. I was about to give up and then went back to the main candy isle and found them! They were in a different spot than I would've guessed, but still there. They come in a 6 pack. Each bar is the perfect size that the recipe calls for.I'm really excited to make these. So here's my next question...should I still plan to double the recipe? Or do you think I'll be okay going as is in the 12 cup muffin stone?

Well a normal cake mix would make about 24 cupcakes, so since you are using a box with half of the normal amount of mix than the 12 cup muffin pan will probably be perfect.

I'm wondering if you can do it with prep bowls, if you have enough!

I've given thought to making them with Milky Way or 3 Musketeers for people for whom nut allergies or who dislike nuts are an issue.

I had't heard of Reese's Whips. I wondered what candy was being described! Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds yummy.

They turned out fabulous! My friends really liked them. I had to cook them a little longer due to the nature of baking in stoneware. They turned out of the stone so easily, I bet they're even easier this way than the silicone pan, just not as decorative. They looked beautiful though with the nuts and the sauce. They tasted really yummy.

Amanda, is the recipe here on CS or in one of the cookbooks?

It's in the new Season's Best. It's a good one! :)

Thanks, I just happen to have that one & I have the silicone & stoneware pans...all I need now are the ingredients. Oh and appetite - CHECK!

What ingredients do I need to make the Pan for the Gooey Choc. Mini Cakes?

You will need 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of water, 4 eggs, and 1 cup of chocolate chips.

How many mini cakes does the Pan for the Gooey Choc. Mini Cakes make?

The pan makes 12 mini cakes, perfect for individual portions or sharing with friends and family.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for the Pan for the Gooey Choc. Mini Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix to make different flavored mini cakes. Just be sure to adjust the ingredients accordingly based on the instructions on the cake mix package.

Do I need to grease the Pan for the Gooey Choc. Mini Cakes before using?

No, the pan has a non-stick coating so you do not need to grease it. This will make it easier to remove the mini cakes once they are done baking.

How do I clean the Pan for the Gooey Choc. Mini Cakes?

The pan is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using metal utensils on the non-stick surface to prevent scratching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedchef.carol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
ChefNic