• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Missing PLUS in Your Pampered Partner with pp Plus CD

which is the upgrade that came with your changeover kit. If you want to use P3 instead of PP, you will have to install it and import your data from PP. You can switch between PP and P3 without any problems. There is no users manual for P3, but you can find one on the CD that came with PP.
cajunchelle
Gold Member
I put in my new CD that came in the changeover kit and its the same old pampered partner we have always had. Where is the PLUS? Am I not doing something that I should?

If you have a broadband connection to the Internet, you can download the latest upgrade at any time.

Can we start using Pampered Partner Plus now or do we have to wait? It didn't say...or I haven't gotten that far yet.

But I don't understand how to get the Plus part on it.

I haven't installed mine yet. Mine says plus on the CD though.

I heard that somwhere you can choose whether you just want the update or the plus. Once you switch to the plus you can't go back to the reg PP and I have heard that it still has some glitches and is difficult to use. My director told us all to wait until the kinks get worked out before switching to the plus and stick with just the update for now...

I used the Pampered Plus and went back to Pampered Partner this afternoon. I switched between the two without a problem. If that was the case you would think there would have been something in with our paperwork warning us not to switch until we were sure we wanted to. I am a techie on the computer so I have been playing with the plus and it is very easy and user friendly.

Okay, this is what I know. 1. You can continue to use PP without a problem. 2. You can install P3 and import your data from PP and play around with P3. If you do this, you can still use PP for your shows and orders. PP and P3 have different icons. P3 does not write over PP. When another version of P3 comes out, you can uninstall this version and install the updated one and go from there.3. You can install P3 and use that instead of PP. This is when you "cannot go back". Once you use P3 to submit stuff, that info cannot be imported back to PP.So, I suggest that you install it and import your info and play with it. Do not submit anything in P3 until you are ready to completely change over. I do think everyone should get to know it because our new recruits will NOT get PP in their kit!!!

Thanks, Kate. I sure hope it works out!

Does anyone know if there is a users manual for P3? I found one on the CD for PP but not P3. If anyone has found one please let me know. I can't figure out how to add expenses that aren't in the list...for example like giveaway items.

I figured it out. It is just going to take some time and I am sure everyone will love it!

cajunchelle said:
But I don't understand how to get the Plus part on it.

If you right-click on the CD icon, select "open" and double click P+ icon. There is should allow you to install P3.

I just took the quick start guide tour. I think it will be great once we get the hang of it.

I too couldn't find it as it only did PP installation. I then went into my computer, the drive the CD was in and clicked on PP plus and it started the installation.

Its going to be a problem for people to install P3 if it doesn't give you a choice of which to install. What a letdown when I thought I was installing the new one and all I got was the old one. Thanks to this site, I figured it out.

Help! I hope I haven't lost anything or messed up. I put the PP plus CD in and let it install, thinking that it would install a seperate copy and that I would have 2 icons on my desktop when it was finished.

Wrong! I only have 1 icon. What should I do? I hope I am not stuck using PP Plus from now on, especially with the glitches that I heard about today at my cluster meeting.

Lisa2Boys said:
Help! I hope I haven't lost anything or messed up. I put the PP plus CD in and let it install, thinking that it would install a seperate copy and that I would have 2 icons on my desktop when it was finished.

Wrong! I only have 1 icon. What should I do? I hope I am not stuck using PP Plus from now on, especially with the glitches that I heard about today at my cluster meeting.

You only installed the latest version of Pampered Partner....not Pampered Partner Plus. You won't have any problems because Pampered Partner is still there, just the latest version like we've had in the past.

Once you install Pampered Partner Plus, you will still have Pampered Partner on your desktop to use until you are ready to use it exclusively. Then you will transfer all your newest info from PP to PPP and delete PP.

For now, just use the most recent version of PP (which you just installed) and play with PPP until you feel comfortable.

But how do I get back to use my old PP. I only have 1 icon. It says Pampered Partner 16.0. I don't see anything that says PP3.

PP 16.0 is the same as what you had before...they just made minor (and I mean minor...you probably won't even notice what they are) changes. You won't see PPP until you manually install it.

I did (manually) install it and I know that it is P3 because when I opened it up, it automatically updated itself.

AJPratt said:
Its going to be a problem for people to install P3 if it doesn't give you a choice of which to install. What a letdown when I thought I was installing the new one and all I got was the old one. Thanks to this site, I figured it out.

Hey, Anne! How was the cruise? We missed your postings while you were away!

Lisa2Boys said:
But how do I get back to use my old PP. I only have 1 icon. It says Pampered Partner 16.0. I don't see anything that says PP3.

If it says Pampered Partner 16.0, then that is the older version that you are familiar with. The new Pampered Partner Plus has a different looking icon.

Oh, okay. How can I try out P3 then to see what it is like?

ok, I'm lost. I installed the 16.0, but can't figure out how to install or even where to find PP3. Someone please help! I'm ususally not this computer illiterate!

I need help, I'm not very computer minded so I need step-by-step instructions on how to get my PP Plus downloaded. I have already installed my new PP but don't know how to get the plus. Please Help:eek:

If you right-click on the CD icon, select "open" and double click P+ icon. There is should allow you to install P3.

Input the CD in your computer. Then go to My Computer and follow the above instructions.

Thank you so much! It is installing right now.:)

Great, Lisa. I'm glad you got this going.

To be quite honest with you I don't know why it didn't come with instructions on how to install it. In the past when we got PP CD's most came with instructions and of course after you've done it a few times it is automatic.

This is the first time since I have been with PC that we got a CD with more than 1 program on it.

I had to figure it out for myself to see if it was on the CD and took a chance and clicked on the icon for PP + and it installed from there. Then I got back on here and found out that others had to do it manually too.

I've played with it a little and think I will like using it. I agree with everyone to practice before deciding to submit an order.

Thanks alot!!! I finally got mine loaded down. Don't know what I would do without you guys.:D

Harriet, I'm still not able to get this. I go to "My Computer" and no icons show up. I can go to "Add or Remove programs" and I find it, but I can only delete it, not open it from there. If I go to the regular icon on my screen, I can open it, but it does not say anything about P+ or P3. I feel so useless. Can you or someone walk me through this a little better? I'm sorry I'm so out of it tonight. Not sure why my computer and I are being so difficult.

pamperedharriet said:
Great, Lisa. I'm glad you got this going.

To be quite honest with you I don't know why it didn't come with instructions on how to install it. In the past when we got PP CD's most came with instructions and of course after you've done it a few times it is automatic.

This is the first time since I have been with PC that we got a CD with more than 1 program on it.

I had to figure it out for myself to see if it was on the CD and took a chance and clicked on the icon for PP + and it installed from there. Then I got back on here and found out that others had to do it manually too.

I've played with it a little and think I will like using it. I agree with everyone to practice before deciding to submit an order.

You are the best. Thanks again for your help!

So far, the only problem I see is that a customer's ordre history is not there.

Have you seen any other problems?

Heather, put your CD in your CD drive and then click on My Computer. Go to the drive where your CD is and click on it. It should show you all that is on the CD. You will see Pampered Partner Plus Installation. I clicked on that and it started the installation process. Try it and let me know. I will wait for you to come back before I shut down.

TammyJo said:
Thanks alot!!! I finally got mine loaded down. Don't know what I would do without you guys.:D

I am so happy that you got it loaded! It is hard to explain sometimes how to do certain things without doing it yourself.

I don't know what most of us would do without all of the help and support we get from Chef Success--let's hope it stays around as long as we all do with PC!:)

Lisa2Boys said:
You are the best. Thanks again for your help!

So far, the only problem I see is that a customer's ordre history is not there.

Have you seen any other problems?

I haven't noticed any yet but I only played around a few areas. Oh, now I know what you are talking about. I saw that too! You have to go back to the show if it is over 6 months old and get the history of the order. We'll figure it out later and try to post it clearer. I can't do it tonight as I am starting to get buggy eyed.

One of my cluster-mates took the P3 class at Leadership and she said that tech support is aware that the History Report is not working. They're working on it.

Ok, i'm on my C drive and I have it open, but I don't see anything about Pampered Partner Plus installation. I just see all the other files that make up Pampered Partner. I had already installed the CD and got the 16.0 upgrade, so I don't know why it won't let me do the P3.

Do you see anything about Pampered Partner 3 or Plus in there?

There should be an icon with Pampered Partner Plus setup.

no. nothing like that. maybe I got a bad CD.

Heather:

You need to go to the drive that you put your CD in. Put your CD in your computer and then go to "My Computer" and click on the drive that your CD is in and then follow my instructions in the previous post.

That's where I am now and I have the CD in my laptop. I still don't see it. Maybe I'll try it on my desktop and see if I have any luck there. Thanks for your help. Sorry to be such a pest.

Do you want to talk about it on the phone? I know it's late but if you want I can call you or do you want to start fresh trying it tomorrow?

I'm up with my little one anyways for at least another hour or so. If you don't mind, I would really appreciate the help!!! I'm so excited about this new upgrade, so it is really frustrating me that I can't figure it out easily like I do most computer things.

nicolespcshows said:
Does anyone know if there is a users manual for P3? I found one on the CD for PP but not P3. If anyone has found one please let me know. I can't figure out how to add expenses that aren't in the list...for example like giveaway items.
If there is, and if it was written the same way the old PP manual was written, you're better off without it anyway.

Harriet,

Thank you so much for taking the time to call me and helping me out with this tonight. It ended up being that I missed one little thing and that's why I couldn't figure it out. I really appreciate you helping me. Pampered Chef consultants are amazing, the way everyone is so willing to help each other. Calling me late at night from NH, (I'm in FL) and walking me through this... I don't know of any other company where the consultants are this kind, friendly and helpful. Thank you again!

I got this from another board that I'm on. There were beta testers on this board, so that is where I have been getting my info from. However, this info was from HO, so I thought I would post it here.I just got this from the HO, Hello Beta Testers,We've been receiving many calls on the install of P3. Attached are the instructions that will be posted on the web under Consultant's Corner. Feel free to share these with anyone. Remember…P3 will automatically install for NEW consultants. Existing consultants must manually run the install.We're also getting many questions for installing, playing with P3, and then importing from PP later. Here's the scoop for that: + There is only one chance for importing data from PP to P3 and that is during the install.
+ For consultants that wish to review P3 before permanently switching over I suggest the following:
* Continue using the existing PP for all shows & non-comm submission, contact updates, etc.
* Install P3, importing the PP data. Use P3 for playing around (open shows or non-comm, work with contacts, etc). DO NOT submit shows/non-comm with P3.
* Once they decide to switch to P3, uninstall and reinstall P3. This will remove all that test data and give them the opportunity to import their PP data. At this point, they will no longer use the old PP, except for Cluster Management.
+ I also suggest that the old PP always be current by updating from CD or download, just in case there are any Cluster Management changes. Please inspect the CD carefully. If the CD appears bent or damaged, DO NOT insert it into the CD drive. Contact the Solution Center to obtain a new CD, or e-mail Technical Support at pamperedpartner@... Installation instructions for PamperedPartner® Plus:New Consultants:1. Close all running applications before you begin.2. Insert the CD in your drive.3. The installation should begin automatically. Follow the on-screen steps. If it does not begin automatically, go to Step 4.4. Select the <Start> button, then select <Run>.5. Type D:\Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe (where D represents your CD-ROM drive) and press <Enter>. Follow the on-screen steps.Existing Consultants:1. Close all running applications before you begin.2. Insert the CD in your drive.3. The installation for PamperedPartner® will start automatically. Click <Cancel>.4. Select the <Start> button, then select <Run>.5. Type D:\Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe (where D represents your CD-ROM drive) and press <Enter>. Follow the on-screen steps. Installation instructions for PamperedPartner®:Existing Consultants only:1. Close all running applications before you begin.2. Insert the CD in your drive.3. The installation selection should begin automatically. Follow the on-screen steps. If it does not begin automatically, go to Step 4.4. Select the <Start> button, then select <Run>.5. Type D:\install.exe (depending on which drive you use) and press <Enter>. Follow the on-screen steps.

Good info Kate!

The tech guys at Leadership did recommend playing around with it before committing to using it exclusively, so this is important information!

Stick with good ole Pampered Partner until you are comfortable and the HO has worked out the kinks. :)

Thanks, Kate. I did it a bit differently but got it to install. This would have been just as easy. I don't know why they didn't send directions with the CD in the first place.

Heather:

You are quite welcome. I sensed your frustration and figured it would be faster and easier to talk you through it so you could get some piece of mind.

Talk to you again soon!

Is anyone having a hard time getting P3 to run? I have it installed but it won't let me login. I keep getting an error on the application update that it does automatically.

Tracy

P3 is the web/java-based version, correct? if so, has anyone played with it on a Mac yet? How is it working in "play mode?"

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • irishjc820