• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PP3 Update: Important PamperedPartner® Plus Announcement

That would be cool, but you can't work at HO and be a consultant, because you'd have early knowledge of promos, changes, etc.I too like P3 but think I'm the only one using it in my cluster. This means that they call me when a new consultant needs help. That's incentive to learn it. For people that aren't as comfy with computers are going to be nervous about change. Honestly, I have an easy time learning programs so I try not to make it sound "too" easy, but I really think it's pretty easy and there are a lot of great updates (like making SURE you used all available free guest specials).Oh...and I
JAE
I thought I'd warn everyone, or remind everyone, so you don't go at the last minute or in a hurry to do something on PP3 during the update on August 1. This just came in the Weekly Bites, today. Everyone should have gotten it, but sometimes we skip over parts of the Weekly bites. Don't Forget!

Important PamperedPartner® Plus Announcement
On Aug. 1, we've scheduled a one-time only database conversion for PamperedPartner® Plus that will enhance the performance of the database. The conversion will start automatically when you open your PamperedPartner® Plus program and may take up to 30 minutes to complete, depending on the size of your database. Once the conversion begins, you may not cancel it. As soon as it's complete, PamperedPartner® Plus will open as usual.

I still haven't made the jump to P3! I wonder when it will be mandatory to switch??

I am still using the old PP - is anyone else?

I am affraid that something will happen

What should I do :confused: :confused: :confused:

~

I'm just wondering why so many of you are "afraid" of P3. I have only used P3 and I think it is great. I honestly don't even know what a data base conversion is, but I guess I'll find out. I just know when I'm in a hurry and I have to wait for PP3 to update and restart, I get irritated.

I've heard that we have to switch over to P3 by Sept. 1. That's what my director told us at out cluster meeting last night.

If I can do it, you all can do it.

Well I think until I hear otherwise I am not changing.

ElizabethPurvis said:
I've heard that we have to switch over to P3 by Sept. 1. That's what my director told us at out cluster meeting last night.
That's not true. After September 1, PP users will not be able to connect by the special dedicated dial-in numbers, but that's the only change. It'll be some time next year (probably) that the change is required.

I still haven't changed. :cool:

P3 changeHonestly, switching over from PP to P3 is not that bad. P3 has SO much more to offer than PP. I work at a software company and have seen many conversion packages. This is a simple one that does all the work for you. Just follow the handout that is provided on CC.

BTW - a database conversion is when they take the backend that stores the date (ie: your host's name, address, orders, products, etc...) and applies the necessary changes that were made. When you're connected to the internet with P3 and there is an update, it will automatically go out and update. The P3 program with close and the reopen. You don't have to do anything. It sounds like the software folks at HO made some database changes (probably to make it more efficient) and the conversion is just to apply the changes.

Did I loose anyone? I've considered trying to apply at HO as a website devleoper or software engineer for the P3 program. However, wasn't sure about the idea of moving my family from Kansas to Chicago. It would be a definite culture shock. ;-)

Leigh0725 said:
Did I lose anyone? I've considered trying to apply at HO as a website devleoper or software engineer for the P3 program. However, wasn't sure about the idea of moving my family from Kansas to Chicago. It would be a definite culture shock. ;-)
That would be cool, but you can't work at HO and be a consultant, because you'd have early knowledge of promos, changes, etc.

I too like P3 but think I'm the only one using it in my cluster. This means that they call me when a new consultant needs help. That's incentive to learn it. For people that aren't as comfy with computers are going to be nervous about change. Honestly, I have an easy time learning programs so I try not to make it sound "too" easy, but I really think it's pretty easy and there are a lot of great updates (like making SURE you used all available free guest specials).Oh...and I wish that they wouldn't restart automatically b/c much of the time I'm looking something up, not submitting it. However, since it's on my laptop, it's super easy to just disengage the wireless so it's not connected to the internet. It can't look then so it stays open.

As a director, I am still afraid of missing some reports. I have used P3 training new consultants and would like to switch, but I am not sure all reports are available yet. Any director input on my concerns? I heard and ED say that they have no choice and have to use it. So I am thinking that maybe they have all of the "bugs" worked out.

PsThat sucks that you can't work for HO and be a consultant. :-( I'd better be getting a nice discount if working for HO. ;-)

There are most of the Consultant reports available, but I don't think any of the director reports are there yet in P3. Have you sent Tech Support a note requesting that they be added so you can switch over and better support the newconsultants on your team?

There are no director reports available in P3... that's why we still need to use PP for them. Although they might be weeding that out as well since everything we need is available in Cluster Reports in Consultant's Corner. Just a guess...

I have been using P3 since January!! I Love it.... takes me a few mins to find things... but it is relaly user friendly!!!

There will be no director reports in P3. You have to use the reports behind CC.

I've finally switched over to P3 and it seems pretty comfortable to me although I just made the switch this week.

Jules711 said:
However, since it's on my laptop, it's super easy to just disengage the wireless so it's not connected to the internet. It can't look then so it stays open.

I wondered about this. . .so you can use P3 (input contacts, orders) and not be online?

Yep. I always forget to disable the wireless, so I end up connecting.

What is the "P3 Update Don't Miss This"?

The "P3 Update Don't Miss This" is a quarterly update from Pampered Chef that features new products, recipes, and promotions for consultants and customers.

How often is the "P3 Update Don't Miss This" released?

The "P3 Update Don't Miss This" is released every quarter, or four times a year.

How can I access the "P3 Update Don't Miss This"?

The "P3 Update Don't Miss This" can be accessed through your consultant's website or through the Pampered Chef app.

Is the "P3 Update Don't Miss This" only for consultants?

No, the "P3 Update Don't Miss This" is available for both consultants and customers to view and take advantage of the new products and promotions.

Are there any exclusive offers in the "P3 Update Don't Miss This"?

Yes, the "P3 Update Don't Miss This" often includes exclusive offers and discounts that are only available for a limited time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ljeffries
  • pamperedharriet
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedharriet