• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overnight Easter Cookies (Religious Themed)

In summary, this recipe uses Bible verses with each ingredient to explain the meaning of Easter while making the cookies. The vinegar part usually gets the strongest reaction from small children, but this recipe uses a technique to prevent this from happening. The overnight cookies are a great tool for the kiddos because they can do them in the small amount of time they are alloted during church.
ivykeep
Gold Member
Attached is one of my favorite Easter recipes to make with children (I did with my younger siblings before I had my own child -- this will be our first time doing it with her, and at 1 she won't get much out of it, but it is a nice tradition).

It explains the meaning of Easter while making the cookies -- it uses Bible verses with each ingredient. I have been using Pampered Chef items with this recipe for a few years now (from my hosting only days), so they are included in the recipe.

Hope you enjoy!

(note to self, next March I could put together Easter cookie packs and include the PC items as a bundle and include the recipe... have to remember to do!)

Attachments

• Easter Story Easter Cookies.doc
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 444
I saw this the other day and Love it!! I sent out an email to everyone in my address book along with this weeks quick tip from weekly bites

My son is almost 3 and I am thinking of starting this as a tradition! We bake Jesus a birthday cake on Christmas Day.

We have definitely enjoyed doing it for several years (my youngest brother and sisters are 19-22 years younger than I am and my brother has 3 children 1, 5 and 6), I skipped doing it last year (I was still recovering from a c-section) but look forward to doing it this year, even though Abby won't possibly understand what is going on.

The vinegar part usually gets the strongest reaction from small children (they gave that to Jesus to drink?!?)

Hope you enjoy it.

Yes, I posted it the other day on here... :)

Do you really leave the cookies in the oven all night? On 300 degrees? I'm sorry. I have never heard of this. This sounds like a great tool for the kiddos. I kept wondering and praying about sharing The Passion of the Christ with our older kids (ages 8 and 9), but I think they are still a bit young. This would be a great message. Thanks for sharing!

What a cute idea. I think I am going to try this with my two boys, ages 6 and 4. This will also come in handy when I am going to start teaching pre-school. Thanks for sharing.

Chef Kearns said:
Do you really leave the cookies in the oven all night? On 300 degrees? I'm sorry. I have never heard of this. This sounds like a great tool for the kiddos. I kept wondering and praying about sharing The Passion of the Christ with our older kids (ages 8 and 9), but I think they are still a bit young. This would be a great message. Thanks for sharing!

You turn the oven off once you put the cookies in there.

We always make resurrection rolls. :)

Attachments

• Resurrection Rolls.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 294
Marg said:
All the kids at the church get to make these every year. They got to do them this past Sunday! It's great since it is something they can do in the small amount of time they are alloted during church. They look forward to it every year. It is surprising to them that the pastry is hollow once it is baked! (Plus, they are soooooooooo yummy!!!)

I really like the overnight cookies, and will do them next year when my littlest is 3!

Marg said:

Thanks for this one too! I have printed this off to have too.

We made the cookies last year and I am not sure what we did wrong, but they never rose. It looked like 1 big pancake when we opened the oven the next morning. Will try them again.:eek:

nicki25 said:
We made the cookies last year and I am not sure what we did wrong, but they never rose. It looked like 1 big pancake when we opened the oven the next morning. Will try them again.:eek:

So much for the whole "Jesus has risen" huh?! :D

That is really cool! We'll have to try that.....:)

nicki25 said:

We've never had this problem -- I'd suggest maybe turning the oven up slightly and turning it on earlier and making sure that stiff peaks form when mixing.

Love it!
Marg said:

What a great recipe -- I'll bring the ingredients when we go to my mil's and my nephews can do before dinner.

What are Overnight Easter Cookies?

Overnight Easter Cookies are a type of cookie that is traditionally made and enjoyed on Easter. They are typically decorated with religious symbols and are meant to be made the night before Easter so that they can be enjoyed on Easter morning.

What ingredients are needed to make Overnight Easter Cookies?

The ingredients needed for Overnight Easter Cookies may vary depending on the recipe, but some common ingredients include flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and baking powder. Additionally, you will need food coloring and decorating supplies (such as icing or sprinkles) to add the religious theme to the cookies.

How do I make Overnight Easter Cookies?

To make Overnight Easter Cookies, you will need to mix together the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms. The dough should be chilled in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to cut out Easter-themed shapes. Bake the cookies in the oven according to the recipe instructions and let them cool before decorating with icing and other decorations.

Can I make Overnight Easter Cookies in advance?

Yes, you can make Overnight Easter Cookies in advance by preparing the dough the night before and chilling it in the refrigerator. You can also bake and decorate the cookies a day or two in advance, as long as they are stored in an airtight container at room temperature. This will help to keep the cookies fresh and prevent them from becoming stale.

Are there any tips for decorating Overnight Easter Cookies?

Yes, some tips for decorating Overnight Easter Cookies include using different colors of icing to create a variety of designs, using a toothpick to create intricate details, and using small candies or sprinkles to add texture and dimension to the cookies. You can also use religious themed cookie cutters or stencils to create a more specific design on your cookies. Have fun and get creative with your decorations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • chefmoseley