• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Egg Substitute for Brownies - No More Running Out of Eggs!

In summary, there are a few options for substituting eggs in brownies such as mashed banana, applesauce, or a flaxseed egg. However, mayonnaise may not be a good substitute due to its consistency and flavor. A typical brownie recipe calls for 2-3 eggs, but for vegan or egg-free versions, you can use one of the substitutes mentioned or a commercial egg replacer. If your batter is too dry without eggs, you can add milk, water, melted butter, or oil for added moisture. Using a substitute for eggs may slightly affect the texture of your brownies, but it should not be too noticeable and they will still be delicious.
DebPC
Staff member
I hate when this happens. I went to get the eggs out of the fridge and the carton seemed amazingly light. Only 1 egg left-ugh! Got on the internet and found the tip below. Mine are in the oven- has anyone done this?

No Egg Brownies-
Unsweetened Applesauce + Baking PowderAmount: 1 Egg = ¼ cup Applesauce, 1 tsp. Baking Powder
How to Use: The chocolate in the brownies overpowers the flavor of applesauce so it can be safely used, and is in fact, one of the best egg substitutes for brownies. Those who have tested this substitute claim that the brownies taste just the same.
Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/egg-substitute-in-brownies.html

I don't think I've added baking powder...can't remember.But I've done substitutes, yes. Applesauce is a GREAT one for many things- especially oil. Yogurt is another one.

I've made brownies several times using applesauce instead of the oil, but never tried it as a substitute for eggs. Good to know! Thanks for sharing!

They turned out well- munching on one now.

What can I use as a substitute for eggs in brownies?

There are a few options you can try as a substitute for eggs in brownies. You can use a mashed banana, applesauce, or a flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water). These options will help bind the ingredients together and add moisture to your brownies.

Can I use mayonnaise as a substitute for eggs in brownies?

While mayonnaise does contain eggs, it may not work well as a substitute in brownies. The consistency and flavor may be affected, so we recommend using one of the options mentioned above instead.

How many eggs do I need for brownies?

Typically, a recipe for brownies will call for 2-3 eggs. However, if you are looking to make a vegan or egg-free version, you can use one of the substitutes mentioned above or try using a commercial egg replacer.

What can I do if my brownie batter is too dry without eggs?

If your brownie batter is too dry without eggs, you can try adding a little bit of milk or water to help moisten the batter. You can also add a bit of melted butter or oil for added moisture.

How will using a substitute for eggs affect the texture of my brownies?

Using a substitute for eggs may slightly change the texture of your brownies, but it should not be too noticeable. The brownies may be slightly denser or have a slightly different texture, but they will still be delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LoriLions