• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Locating That Hard-to-Find Grocery Item

In summary, if you're looking for Kalamata Olive Tapenade in a grocery store, it can typically be found in the Italian specialty section of the store, near pasta and pasta sauce. However, if you can't find it, it's also easy to make at home with ingredients like garlic, kalamata olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil. There are also recipes available, such as the one from Pampered Chef for Italian Olive Salad and Pizzetta Triangles. Some stores, like Trader Joe's, also carry pre-made versions of tapenade.
heat123
Silver Member
I don't know if I spelled that right but where would you find that in a grocery store??? TIA

heat123 said:
I don't know if I spelled that right but where would you find that in a grocery store??? TIA

In the store I usually shop at, in the pasta and pasta sauce aisle, there is 4 ft section that has Italian specialty items, like bruschetta toppings, and roasted red peppers, and that's where it is for me.

It's really easy to make though if you can't find it....I'll go find a recipe for you - BRB!

Here you go Heather!

Kalamata Olive Tapenade

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cloves garlic, peeled
* 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
* 2 tablespoons capers
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Place the garlic cloves into a blender or food processor; pulse to mince. Add the olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil Blend until everything is finely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Thanks Becky! I will try the grocery isle first, we have one speciality section at each of our major stores! ;)

yeah, it's super easy to make. And PC had a recipe in the SB--that spring with all the Italian stuff--06?

The Pampered Chef ®
Italian Olive Salad
Recipe 2 cups small pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 lemon
1 tablespoon Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1 large garlic clove, pressed
1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1. Finely chop olives using Food Chopper. Finely dice bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Finely zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice. 2. In (8-in.) Sauté Pan, combine bell pepper, oil, seasoning mix, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and red pepper flakes; cook and stir over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in olives, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Spoon olive mixture into Simple Additions® Small Bowl.Yield: 12 servingsNutrients per serving: (about 3 tablespoons salad): Calories 30, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 125 mg, Fiber less than 1 gCook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or green olives can be substituted for 1/2 cup of the ripe olives. Proceed as recipe directs.The Pampered Chef ®
Pizzetta Triangles
Recipe 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough
1 tablespoon Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Romano cheese 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle Rectangle Stone evenly with cornmeal. Unroll dough and form into a rectangle 1 inch from edge of baking stone. Brush evenly with oil using Pastry Brush and sprinkle with seasoning mix. Grate cheese over dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Using Pizza Cutter, cut dough into 12 squares; cut squares diagonally in half. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.Yield: 12 servingsNutrients per serving: Light (2 triangles): Calories 90, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tip: Italian seasoning can be substituted for the Italian Seasoning Mix, if desired.

Trader Joe's usually has it, too - usually a black version and a green version (black and green olives, respectively).

1. How can I find a specific brand of gluten-free pasta at my local grocery store?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend using the store's website or app to search for the product before going to the store. You can also call the store directly and ask if they carry the specific brand you're looking for. If not, they may be able to special order it for you.

2. I need a certain type of spice for a recipe, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. How can I locate it?

One option is to check with specialty food stores or ethnic markets in your area. They may carry a wider variety of spices and ingredients. You can also try searching online for the specific spice and order it if necessary.

3. I'm looking for a specific type of cooking oil, but it's not available at my usual grocery store. How can I find it?

You can try checking with health food stores or gourmet food shops. They may carry a wider selection of cooking oils. You can also look for the specific brand online and have it shipped to you.

4. I heard about a new type of dairy-free milk that I want to try, but can't find it at my local grocery store. How can I locate it?

You can check with health food stores or specialty food stores, as they may carry a wider range of dairy-free milk options. You can also search for the specific brand online and order it if necessary.

5. I'm looking for a specific type of exotic fruit for a recipe, but I can't find it at my grocery store. How can I locate it?

You can check with specialty food stores or international markets, as they may carry a wider variety of exotic fruits. You can also try searching for the fruit online and see if it can be shipped to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • PCJenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies