Olive Tapenade?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by heat123, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heat123

heat123 Silver Member

I don't know if I spelled that right but where would you find that in a grocery store??? TIA

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

In the store I usually shop at, in the pasta and pasta sauce aisle, there is 4 ft section that has Italian specialty items, like bruschetta toppings, and roasted red peppers, and that's where it is for me.

It's really easy to make though if you can't find it....I'll go find a recipe for you - BRB!

3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

Here you go Heather!

Kalamata Olive Tapenade

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cloves garlic, peeled
    * 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
    * 2 tablespoons capers
    * 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil
    * salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Place the garlic cloves into a blender or food processor; pulse to mince. Add the olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil Blend until everything is finely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

4. heat123

heat123 Silver Member

Thanks Becky! I will try the grocery isle first, we have one speciality section at each of our major stores! ;)

5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ

yeah, it's super easy to make. And PC had a recipe in the SB--that spring with all the Italian stuff--06?

6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ

The Pampered Chef ®
    Italian Olive Salad
    Recipe

2 cups small pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
    1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
    2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
    1 lemon
    1 tablespoon Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
    1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
    1 large garlic clove, pressed
    1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1. Finely chop olives using Food Chopper. Finely dice bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Finely zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice.

2. In (8-in.) Sauté Pan, combine bell pepper, oil, seasoning mix, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and red pepper flakes; cook and stir over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in olives, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Spoon olive mixture into Simple Additions® Small Bowl.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: (about 3 tablespoons salad): Calories 30, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 125 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or green olives can be substituted for 1/2 cup of the ripe olives. Proceed as recipe directs.

The Pampered Chef ®
    Pizzetta Triangles
    Recipe

1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
    1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough
    1 tablespoon Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
    1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Romano cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle Rectangle Stone evenly with cornmeal. Unroll dough and form into a rectangle 1 inch from edge of baking stone. Brush evenly with oil using Pastry Brush and sprinkle with seasoning mix. Grate cheese over dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Using Pizza Cutter, cut dough into 12 squares; cut squares diagonally in half. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (2 triangles): Calories 90, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Italian seasoning can be substituted for the Italian Seasoning Mix, if desired.

7. chefann

chefann Gold Member

Trader Joe's usually has it, too - usually a black version and a green version (black and green olives, respectively).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.