• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Season's Best Recipe Book Giveaway: Ideas?

In summary, most people recommend giving old Season's Best as door prizes, as they are still useful and contain great recipes.
chefbritt
I have a few dozen Season's Bests from both Spring/Summer 06 and Fall 06 that are left over. Do you think it would be okay to give them away as door prizes at shows if they are from prior seasons? I don't want my guests to think I'm cheap, but at the same time they are still very useful and contain great recipes, and it seems like a waste to leave them sitting in my office. I was just wondering what everyone else's opinions were, and what you do with your old SBRC's. Thanks!

I throw them right in to my door prize basket! I do let them pick though...and only put a few old ones in at a time!

People loves the SB

I have people looking for old ones all the time

~

I give old ones away all the time. I think it makes them feel like they are getting something that no one else can get!

OH YES YES...I love Carolyn's line. She states that these are collectors items and that once they are gone, they are gone and that is why she gives them away after season. Definitely use them as prizes. I loved how she used that. It was soo great. People were dying to grab a hold of it as it was going around the room. Wrap em in that cello phane and throw em in the prize basket!!! (props to Carolyn!!!!! Of course)

Sure! I use them as door prizes all the time. I also give them away at small fairs & festivals. They aren't nearly as likely to get lost as a business card.

I always stock up and give away ONLY the old ones! I got tired of giving away a current Season's Best only to have the guests cross it off their order. So now I emphasize that they are VINTAGE and they CAN"T buy them anymore.

I'll send the host a current one before the show, but only old ones for show prizes!!

Definately use them! I always have the give away the old ones as door prizes. The new ones sell on their own. It's nice to have things they can't get on their own.

I have some from Spring/Summer of 99 that I still give away. I got them in the boxes at Conference.

99? really. I would like to get one from each year just to have them for myself. Should I go on ebay?

Jilleysue said:
99? really. I would like to get one from each year just to have them for myself. Should I go on ebay?

Stay away from Ebay - you'll pay thru the nose. As other consultants - keep track of which seasons you're missing and ask aruond - you'll get 'em all and only pay a buck each.Took me about a year but I got 'em all back to 98

I give the current one to the host as her hosting gift.

Everyone else wins an old one. I also call them "vintage" or "collectors items" and they gobble them up!

Oh really..Ok I'll start collecting...LOL

Thanks for all the responses. I really love the idea of treating it as a collector's item. Now I just have to get my ribbons and cellophane and try out Jill's idea!

I like giving the old ones as prizes...talk about how cheap they are..perfect to use in place of gift cards...people will keep them ,unlike a gift card that you paid $3-$4 on!
Giving the old ones means people can win the old one, and still BUY a new one ...not hurting the host sales at all! especially if they buy 6-10 at a time like some people !!!

And while on the topic of collector's items... I have several catalogs from previous years...I really wish I had kept each one since I started... just to browse through, and see how things have changed... Ok..call me sentimental...or just mental... LOL

Last edited:
OMG>..My first post with my new pic of my girls!!! I forgot I put that on today!
LOL

ChefNic said:
I like giving the old ones as prizes...talk about how cheap they are..perfect to use in place of gift cards...people will keep them ,unlike a gift card that you paid $3-$4 on!
Giving the old ones means people can win the old one, and still BUY a new one ...not hurting the host sales at all! especially if they buy 6-10 at a time like some people !!!

And while on the topic of collector's items... I have several catalogs from previous years...I really wish I had kept each one since I started... just to browse through, and see how things have changed... Ok..call me sentimental...or just mental... LOL

If you're mental, then so am I - I have catalogs dating back to 94 - LOL

ChefNic said:

Love this!! Cheaper than a nice greeting card and SO MUCH more USEFUL!!!

I'm going to use that at my shows. Thanks Nic!

DebbieJ said:
I give the current one to the host as her hosting gift.

Everyone else wins an old one. I also call them "vintage" or "collectors items" and they gobble them up!

I read somewhere-maybe here --I tried this & it worked out great!!! I ask everyone to sign their host's season's best when they arrive so that it makes it a kind of guest book of the hostess's party and a built in invite list for her next party.
Definately use old Season's Best--whenever I went to shows I always picked old Season's Best as a gift and I ALWAYS brought a friend b/c I knew I'd get to pick a SB. I was a guest at several parties and a host of 4 before I became a consultant. Sad, I had to go to the website to find someone to sign up under b/c none of those consultants stayed in contact with me.

1. What is the Old Season's Best Recipe Book Giveaway?

The Old Season's Best Recipe Book Giveaway is a promotional event held by Pampered Chef to offer customers a chance to win a selection of recipe books from previous seasons.

2. How can I enter the Old Season's Best Recipe Book Giveaway?

To enter the giveaway, you simply need to make a purchase of $50 or more from the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. Each qualifying purchase will earn you one entry into the giveaway.

3. What recipe books are included in the giveaway?

The specific recipe books included in the giveaway may vary, but they will all be from previous seasons and will feature a variety of recipes for different meals and occasions.

4. Can I enter the giveaway more than once?

Yes, you can enter the giveaway multiple times by making multiple qualifying purchases. Each purchase of $50 or more will earn you one entry into the giveaway.

5. When will the winners be announced?

The winners of the Old Season's Best Recipe Book Giveaway will be announced within 7 days of the promotion's end date. Winners will be notified via email or phone and their names may also be posted on the Pampered Chef website and social media pages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Pchef Jen
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Pchef Jen
  • emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies