• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Corn Bread From Scratch Recipe Needed?

In summary, the customer is looking for a cornbread recipe that she got years ago from The Pampered Chef, but doesn't remember the ingredients. She found a recipe online that uses a mix and needs to add buttermilk to it. She also found another recipe that uses a mix, but doesn't need to add buttermilk.
doughmama
Silver Member
A customer is looking for a corn bread recipe she got years ago from The Pampered Chef. She said it was included in the 9" square baker. Anyone know what this might be? Thanks!!

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

I searched around here and online- sorry couldn't find anything.

Pampered Chef CornbreadINGREDIENTS:
2 pkgs. cornbread mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 cup milk
1 11-oz. can Mexican-style corn, drainedDIRECTIONS:
Combine ingredients and mix well. Pour into 2 greased round pans or greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Bake them in the mini muffin pan. Cut hot dogs into 1 to 3/4 inch bits, and stick them in the middle and bake.
They look great when they come out.

thanks but I was looking for a regular corn bread recipe - not one using a mix but I appreciate your time. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry, I thought you were looking for the Pampered Chef recipe. that is the one using the mix.
Here is a recipe I have used that works great. I got it off youtube. Makes 48 muffins (I cut this recipe in half)
Ingredients:
  • ½ cup melted butter
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk (if I don't have buttermilk at home, I use 1 cup of milk (not skim, homo works best), add a tablespoon of vinegar and let stand for about 10 mins.)
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup cornmeal (I used yellow cornmeal)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 8-10 all beef hotdogs, cut into 1" bites
  • Mustard, opt.
  • Ketchup, opt.
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate, then add the buttermilk and continue whisking until mixed well.
Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two batches.
Drop about 1 Tablespoon of the batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mustard and ketchup if desired.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat for 20-30 seconds before serving.

2 cups self rising cornmeal, 3/4 cup self rising flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 extra large egg or 2 large eggs, 4 tablespoons oil divided in half, buttermilk (enough to make a thick batter which will barely pour, probably about a cup, maybe more) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place half the oil in a heavy skillet (seasoned cast iron works well) and set aside for later. In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Add all the wet ingredients to the well and mix everything together by hand. I use a large wooden spoon. Set the batter aside to allow the cornmeal to absorb some of the liquid and swell (about 5 minutes). While the batter is resting, put the skillet with oil on the stove on high and heat until it begins to smoke. Remove from heat. Stir the batter and add more buttermilk as needed to keep the batter just pour-able. It will have thickened while resting. Pour the batter into the hot skillet and place in center of the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Cornbread is done when a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, turn out upside down over a plate. Note: if you like your cornbread sweet, you can use more sugar. Try 1/4 to 1/2 cup instead of the suggested 1 tablespoon.

thank you!!

1. Can you provide a traditional corn bread recipe from scratch?

Yes, our Old Corn Bread From Scratch Recipe is a classic and delicious option for making corn bread at home. It's easy to follow and uses simple ingredients that can be found in any kitchen.

2. What are the ingredients needed for the Old Corn Bread From Scratch Recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, and butter. You can also add in optional ingredients such as corn kernels, cheese, or jalapenos for added flavor.

3. How long does it take to make this corn bread from scratch?

The total preparation and cooking time for this recipe is approximately 40 minutes. This includes 10 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of baking time.

4. Can this recipe be made gluten-free?

Yes, you can easily make this corn bread recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend in place of regular flour. You can also use almond or coconut milk instead of cow's milk for a dairy-free option.

5. Can I make this corn bread in a different type of pan?

Yes, you can use a variety of pans for this recipe, including a cast iron skillet, a 9x9 inch square baking pan, or a muffin tin. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly depending on the size of the pan you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aried
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • msangtorn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies