• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh Crap! I Messed up With My Bank Account!

In summary, the customer's bank may be able to catch the NSF charge and refund it before it gets returned to the customer.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Now what am I going to do!!!!????

I've been overworked/overstressed with tons of shows these last few days, plus my day job. Orders being phoned in, hunting hosts down to close, etc etc. I deposited $700 worth of cheques on Monday morning to the wrong account!! My regular chequing instead of my PC! Just checked my PC account online to see if my pay went in yesterday and see a withdrawal of $490 and then a reversal and a $32.50 overdraft charge (No overdraft on my PC account - never needed it!) With the pay that DID go in, I was short $80 so it is showing NSF! Of course, I had an extra $700 in the other account due to being a bonehead!

What happens now? Have I lost my privileges of paying through my account and sending shows through PP? Help!! This has never happened in 130 shows/2 years with PC! Should I call them and apologize and explain or hope they just try it again and of course this time it will work since I transferred all the money online immediately.

ARRGGG I'm NEVER going to sleep now!

I believe they wait 48 hours to resubmit, but you might want to call HO and double check.

I also believe you get two strikes.

I'm pretty sure KG is right

This has happen to me once they resubmit it and if the funds aren't their then that is when they will send an email to you about it to take care of the funds. Their really nice about it.....Never submit a show early... ( that was the biggest mistake I ever made)

Last edited:
I just checked. You get two chances before they put you on cash only. Since you've already covered the amount, you're fine. It's on page F11 of the Policy & Procedure Manual, which is now available on CC under Managing Your Business.

speedychef said:
I'm pretty sure KG is right
TY, Kim, nice to be right about something for a change. ;)

Oh, KG, you're right about a lot of things! We just like to give you a hard time! And Jodi, I meant to add for you, don't worry about it, we've all made mistakes!

Jodi, BTW, call your bank - beg, plead, ask nicely ~ they may recind the overdraft charge. Most banks will forgive the overdraft a couple of times because they want to keep you as a good customer. After that, they won't because by that time, they figure you're a PITA and if you get pissed and leave, they don't figure they're losing much.

lol.

Yeah, this happened to me as well. They were REALLY nice when I talked to them about it and it was quickly resovled. :D Good Luck!

I think you should also call HO and let them know what happened so they can make a note of it. You don't want them to think that you did this on purpose.

When was the payment returned NSF? Was it just yesterday (2/27)? If so, your bank still may be able to "catch" it for you and get it paid before it actually gets returned. I work at a bank and if something clears today and is set to be returned, it doesn't physically get returned until the following business day. This is true for both checks and ACH (electronic) payments. In this case, I would make sure the customers (your) payment was paid. Just a thought. Hopefully they are able to work with you. Nonetheless, call your bank anyway and they may refund the NSF charge, too. I hate to admit it, but KG is 100% correct on that one! :)

Weird....I just did the EXACT same thing yesterday! I checked my balance and found out I had an NSF charge because I deposited my show into the wrong account.

Jodi.....I did something similar by accident too. I deposited the checks in my checking instead of the savings. Well PC is set to withdraw from Savings....so needless to say, the first time rejected since there wasn't enough funds to cover it.

HO resubmitted later (about 48 hours). By then I had corrected the problem and all is well. I also managed to get my credit union to refund the NSF charge, since the money was in my checking. I think the overdraft protection privelige should work both ways! LOL Not just from Savings to Checking!!

This is one of the reasons why I use my Pampered Chef credit card to submit shows with. I love being able to buy supplies and postage, and other business-related items on it. It helps me keep track of everything.
The only way PC has access to a checking account of mine is through direct deposits.Even then, I have two different business accounts. One for my deposits from shows and another with money from PC, so I can keep track of my earnings.

Actually, I went you one better - my personal accounts are in one bank and my TPC account is in a different bank. It does make it a PITA to move funds from personal to business to cover purchases, but it really has reduced the chance of me depositing show receipts into my personal account.BTW - my TPC account is with a bank that has branches in grocery stores all over the state. That way, if I collect a large amount of cash at a show, I can deposit the cash immediately and not be carrying it around with me.

It's so easy to make a mistake like that. I'm in agreement with the others. Contact your bank to see if they'll forgive the NSF fund. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no. Contact the HO to explain, too. I don't know if they'll "put a note in your file" or whatever, but it can't hurt.

Okay, did they bank cover it and just pay it? If the money's already cleared your account then they paid it. If they didn't pay it it would have not went through. I did this on accident not to long ago but pc never knows anything about it if the bank accepts it, you'll just get hit with the fee but they may take that off also. You'll probably get a letter in the mail that shows you that you went to the negative but it should show on there returned or paid. If it's paid theres no big deal except for the nsf fee. HTH.

I'm in a rush so I don't have time to read everyone's responses; however, it sounds like your bank paid the withdraw, but just charged you for the overdraft. If that is the case, PC won't even know you didn't have enough money in your account.

My bank does that for me if my overdraft is small. They just pay the check/withdraw and then charge me. Banks make a killing this way!

Nope, it shows online that it came out, then went back in. Then the $32.50 NSF charge and they haven't taken it out a 2nd time. I noticed last night just after midnight my time (so it would be today the 28th JUST) and it was dated the 26th. The same day that I put the money in at around 9:30 am on the way to by other job!

Still sitting here nervous about whether to call HO or just leave it and pray they try a 2nd time like everyone says and of course, now it WILL go through. I don't want to get someone cranky who'll make me feel worse, kwim?

Thanks for all the reassurance and quick answers. Off to check online to see whether they've tried the payment again. Wish me luck!:eek: :rolleyes:

Update on my situation....

I checked Policies and Procedures and it states they will try to withdraw the money a second time but in some cases their bank can't and if so commissions will be on hold until the situation is rectified. It also states that you will be notified by letter or email.

So stupidly, I waited to see if they would take the payment out again (since I immediately put it in the day I noticed it in the wrong account which was the next day from when they tried to take it out) and nope, they didn't try again. I saw my next four shows (that were all submitted on February 28th) come out of my bank account (on March 7th) and ship successfully so I again stupidly figured they were just really really busy at the end of the month and would now catch up on the NSF or take the money out of my commission on the 9th. Nope, the 9th came and I had over $600 put IN my account and STILL no call, email or letter stating what was going on. So I called PC at about 4:45 my time and I'm given three options - support service, order processing, and pampered partner/technical support. I choose order processing since it's orders not paid for and I get voice mail and leave a message in regards to a show that has not been taken out of my bank account. No call back.

So I send another show in on the 10th, check the status last night and it's still showing received!!! :mad: I call them this morning and with again only 3 options I this time choose support service, ask about my show still showing received and she said it's on hold :mad: . Asked me about an NSF, I say yes and explain and she puts me through to finance. Why oh why was this not an option when I called a week ago? Of course I get a voice mail and leave a message. 20 minutes later I call again and choose order processing and ask to speak to someone and she also puts me through to finance and again I get the same voicemail and leave another message! I explained I'm leaving in less than an hour for my day job, what I'm calling about, and left my cell # as well. I'm praying they call within the hour because at my day job I serve customers and may not be able to get the phone AND do not have an answering service/machine on my cell phone!

So what do I do now? It clearly states that they will try twice if possible, contact me by email or letter, I know they've CALLED before if a customers credit card is declined and noone has ever called (I have call answer if I'm on the phone and while I'm out). It also states commissions would be placed on hold until the balance is paid, which it wasn't and that would have EASILY cleared up the problem, and is states that future shows without proper payment could be put on hold for AT LEAST 10 business days and could affect your commission overrides or your active status. And it says if you issue two NSF return cheques or debit transactions within a 2 month period you are required to mail or overnight courier your orders in with a money order or cashier's cheque for at least 6 months and that you would be notified by letter if you are placed on a money order only status! This is my FIRST time and I'm trying to get it rectified but I'm NOT getting anyone to help me!

WHAT do I do now?!?!

sailortena said:
This is one of the reasons why I use my Pampered Chef credit card to submit shows with. I love being able to buy supplies and postage, and other business-related items on it. It helps me keep track of everything.
The only way PC has access to a checking account of mine is through direct deposits.

Even then, I have two different business accounts. One for my deposits from shows and another with money from PC, so I can keep track of my earnings.

I do the same thing. I like it better than the debit card.

jasonmva said:
I do the same thing. I like it better than the debit card.

Unfortunately we don't have a PC credit card option in Canada. Debit only :mad: :(

And for those of us who bad credit... the debit card is the only option...... IT BITES !!

That happened to me and the bank didn't charge me the 30.00 fee and when I said it was my Pamperedchef account the woman on the phone from the bank wanted a book , guess what she booked a party last night Whoo hoo
so it does pay to ask if they would forgive you !!

1. What should I do if I accidentally overdraft my bank account?

If you have overdrafted your bank account, the first thing you should do is contact your bank. They may be able to waive any fees or offer a grace period for you to cover the overdraft.

2. Can I reverse a transaction that caused an overdraft?

In most cases, you cannot reverse a transaction that has already caused an overdraft. You will need to cover the overdraft with available funds or speak to your bank about other options.

3. How can I prevent overdrafts in the future?

To avoid overdrafts in the future, it's important to keep track of your spending and regularly check your bank account balance. You may also want to set up alerts for low balances or enroll in overdraft protection.

4. Will an overdraft affect my credit score?

Overdrafts do not directly affect your credit score, as they are not reported to credit bureaus. However, if you do not cover the overdraft and it goes to collections, it could have a negative impact on your credit.

5. What happens if I don't pay back the overdraft?

If you do not cover the overdraft, your bank may charge additional fees and eventually send your account to collections. It's important to communicate with your bank and make a plan to repay the overdraft as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
myinnerchef
  • kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies