• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Follow Up With a Grocery Store Checker

In summary, Erin suggests taking a catalog and having a sheet of paper with you so the checker can write down her name and number. Next time you are in her line, pull out a 3x5 card or something and have her write down her name and number while you are writing the check or using the debit card machine.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Ok, so I was in the grocery store yesterday when the checker asked me about PC. So I gave her a business card, but how do I follow up w/ her. I didn't want to ask her for her phone # while in line w/ LOTS of people around.
I am going to take her a catalog next time I go in, but how do I do this in the store?

Buy a lot of groceries so you can talk to her while she's ringing them up!

pamperedlinda said:
Buy a lot of groceries so you can talk to her while she's ringing them up!

LOL! That's not a bad idea! Take a catalog & maybe have a sheet of paper with you so she can give you her name & phone number. You could always get the other info later.

I have had the same problem. I want to start taking a notepad or something with me where ever I go so I can at least jot down their names and either phone or email so that I can follow up with them. Next time you are in her line, pull out a 3x5 card or something and have her write down her name and number while you are writing the check or using the debit card machine. That way you aren't holding the line up waiting for her info.

I carry the drawing slips! She can at least tell you her name and number while she rings them up (you write!) and then you aren't "holding anyone up".

gilliandanielle said:
I carry the drawing slips! She can at least tell you her name and number while she rings them up (you write!) and then you aren't "holding anyone up".

I've also heard of doing this, and in addition telling them that you're drawing for a prize after you get 5 (or however many) filled out. Hey, if there's people behind you & they hear that, maybe they'll fill one out too;)

Some good ideas!
Now I wanna go grocery shopping :D

I carry a ziploc sandwich bag filled with Drawing slips(I don't use them at shows so I have TONS!), a PC pen and business cards in my handbag at all times. That way when someone asks for a catalog, I can truthfully say that I don't have any on me but I would love to drop one in the mail!

erinyourpclady said:
I carry a ziploc sandwich bag filled with Drawing slips(I don't use them at shows so I have TONS!), a PC pen and business cards in my handbag at all times. That way when someone asks for a catalog, I can truthfully say that I don't have any on me but I would love to drop one in the mail!

Great Idea Erin..I wondering how I would do this. Also There is a great website...I think it is sticking to business that has this cute post it business card type thing with a cover. I carry that in my purse so I can write down numbers or email addresses or people to get contact info. I'll find the link for y'all.

erinyourpclady said:
OOOOOOOOOh, that's a really good idea!

Instead of a catalog, give them an (old) Celebrations Recipe card - stamped with your info, of course! Then offer to mail them a catalog. "What's your street address so I can mail you a current catalog?" A line like, "I'd also be happy to call you in a day or so and give you some tips on preparing this recipe. What's your number?" - very natural, very spontaneous.

God Bless You!

1. How do I approach a grocery store checker for follow up after an event?

It's important to be polite and professional when approaching a grocery store checker for follow up. Introduce yourself and explain that you work for Pampered Chef. Be courteous and respectful of their time, as they are often busy with customers.

2. What information should I have ready when following up with a grocery store checker?

Have your contact information, as well as any relevant information about the event or promotion you are following up on. It's also helpful to have any marketing materials or product samples on hand to show the checker.

3. How do I address any concerns or issues brought up by the grocery store checker?

Listen attentively to any concerns or issues brought up by the checker. Be understanding and offer solutions or ways to address the problem. It's important to maintain a positive and professional attitude throughout the conversation.

4. How often should I follow up with a grocery store checker?

It's important to find a balance between following up and being persistent. It's recommended to follow up within a week after the initial contact, and then continue to follow up every 2-3 weeks if there is no response. Be mindful not to overwhelm the checker with too many follow-ups.

5. Is it appropriate to offer incentives or rewards to a grocery store checker for their support?

While it's always nice to show appreciation, it's important to check with the store's policies before offering any incentives or rewards. Some stores may have rules against this, so it's best to err on the side of caution and ask for permission first.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aried
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lauradorable
  • lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies