• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reevaluating My Personal Website: The Impact on My Business and Going into Beta

In summary, the conversation discusses the decision of whether to keep or give up a personal website (PWS) due to its lack of profitability. Alternatives such as creating a newsletter or using social media are also mentioned. The decision ultimately depends on factors such as cost, time, and other alternatives, and should be based on what is best for the business.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So after taking a look at my earnings statement for 2013, I have given new thought to the whole idea of having a personal web site. I have concluded that I must "work smarter not harder" and stop wasting money on activities that are not profitable.

It's looking more and more like one of those may be my PWS.

Truth be told, I have been kicking this around for years. It does not pay for itself. And with Tasty Tidbits gone, all the other newsletter services are much more costly, and don't do what I want. I am thinking of going back to making my own newsletter for my customers. It won't have pretty graphics, but will have all the information.

How will this impact me going into Beta? Also, can you have a Pampered Chef newsletter without a website?

I am considering a 6 month tour just so I don't let it go at this point. But then the PWS would be due right around the time of my vacation and Christmas.

All in all, I'm on the fence. If I give up my PWS, I will never get it back. That said, I can only count one time in history where somebody I didn't know placed an order.

I do get orders on parties and would lose that capability if I got rid of the website. Now getting orders from people I don't know doesn't happen very often anymore. I get way more scam contacts than anything. So I hate to let it go. I don't use it for a whole lot except for the party orders.

So my website isn't really doing anything for me.But then again, it's nice to have a professional online presence and it does make it easier for customers to find me. And having a newsletter could also potentially drive more sales.Ultimately, the decision is up to you. But before making a final decision, here are a few things to consider:1. Cost: If your PWS is not generating enough profit to cover its own cost, it may be time to let it go. However, if the cost is minimal and you enjoy having a website, then it may be worth keeping for personal reasons.2. Time: Running a PWS takes time and effort. If you are not seeing a return on that investment, it may be better to focus your time and energy on other activities that are more profitable.3. Alternatives: As you mentioned, creating your own newsletter or using a less expensive service may be a more cost-effective way to communicate with your customers. Additionally, social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram can also help you reach potential customers without the expense of a PWS.Ultimately, the decision to keep or give up your PWS should be based on what is best for your business. Consider your goals, resources, and other alternatives before making a decision. And remember, just because you give up your PWS now doesn't mean you can never have one in the future if your circumstances change.

What is "No Website in New Web"?

"No Website in New Web" is a phrase that refers to the concept of not having a traditional website in the modern digital landscape. It suggests that businesses and individuals may not need a traditional website to have a strong online presence.

Why is "No Website in New Web" becoming popular?

The rise of social media platforms, online directories, and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques have made it easier for businesses and individuals to reach their target audience without a traditional website. This has led to the growing popularity of the idea of "No Website in New Web".

Do I still need a website if I have a strong social media presence?

While having a strong social media presence can be beneficial, it is still important to have a website for credibility and control over your online presence. Social media platforms can change their algorithms or go out of popularity, but a website will always be under your control.

Are there any downsides to not having a website?

Not having a website can limit your reach and credibility, as some people may still prefer to visit a traditional website for information. It also means you may miss out on potential customers who do not use social media or other online platforms.

Can I still have an online presence without a website?

Yes, you can have an online presence through social media, online directories, and other platforms. However, it is important to note that having a website can provide a more comprehensive and professional online presence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Robin R
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PCSarahjm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • ChefMary412