• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

SOS: My Open For Business Show Has No Guests!

In summary, the author's open house did not go as planned and she is disappointed. She contacted everyone she invited and is getting orders. She is still in the business and has never gone inactive.
pinkunicorn
Ok. So my Open For Business show was supposed to start at 1:00 today. It is now 1:30 and there is no one here but me and my daughter! :cry:

I invited everyone from my daughter's preschool, my son's teachers, my husband's co-workers (I can't do mine caz they kinda frown on their employees working other jobs), and the ladies from my HOG club.

I also sent out emails to people who don't live around here.

So far, I have $120 in outside orders, but no party. I'm kinda frustrated. I was hoping this party would give me sales and get my booking calendar started.

Now what?:confused:

Call everyone you invited. Have a plan of what to say. Tell them you're getting ready to close your show and didn't want them to miss out on ordering. Ask them if they would be interested in helping you start your business by hosting a show of their own, too. Also, ask them if they know anyone who would be interested in hosting a show.

I just texted my AD and she told me the same thing. Just turn it into a catalog show.

So my daughter and I are enjoying making the Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes ourselves & making lemonade out of my lemons! :)

Turn it in as a kitchen show though. You bought the ingredients. Just clarifying, in case.

Inviting means contacting at least 2 times and probably 3. A single eVite doesn't cut it. Did you call all these people? It is up to you to be certain they will show up, not just that they know it is happening.

Did they tell you they were coming? Did you call to remind them?Sorry it turned out to be a bummer!

What did you do to invite them? What words did you use?

When you call to follow up, add a comment like "I know it's crazy busy this time of year and I wanted to help get your Christmas shopping down easily. If you can't think of booking a show until the new year, that's okay. Just keep me in mind and I'll call you in a few weeks to set a date or tell you more."I find that I get so consumed with holiday events, I can't think beyond Dec. 25. Guests are just the same. So give them the out that they need and give yourself an excuse to contact them when they can think clearly. Good luck.

I'm sorry you didn't have anyone show up. Takes me back to my first year in the business - nobody came to my open house either:(! My family felt worse then I did because they saw all the work I put into it. I haven't had the guts to try doing one again, but as you can see I am still in the business (over 5 years later) and I have never gone inactive.

You have the right attitude and the advice others have given you is great.

I had my "launch" open house yesterday - I sent out 50 invites via mail and 50 invites via email. I did reminder calls and reminder emails. I have 4 people show up, one of them my mom. I had a few outside orders too. I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped, but I did get 2 definite bookings and I have one more potential booking (she's waiting until she moves into her new place). Disappointed but NOT discouraged. Hanging in there!

I called everyone and am getting outside orders. So far I'm just over $200 in outside orders. Yay!

As for bookings, well, that's going slooooowwwwly, but I do have one for next month already, and that's one more than I had when I first got on the phone! :)

1. Why aren't there any guests for my open for business show?

It's possible that there was a miscommunication or lack of promotion for your show. Make sure to reach out to your guests and remind them of the date and time of the show. You can also utilize social media or email marketing to attract more guests.

2. How do I handle a low turnout for my open for business show?

If you have a low turnout for your show, don't be discouraged! Focus on providing a great experience for the guests who did attend. You can also offer incentives or discounts to encourage them to invite their friends to future shows.

3. What are some ways to attract more guests to my open for business show?

Utilize social media, email marketing, and word of mouth to promote your show. You can also offer incentives such as free products or discounts for guests who bring a friend. Make sure to also clearly communicate the benefits and excitement of attending your show.

4. How can I make my open for business show more engaging for guests?

One way to make your show more engaging is by incorporating interactive activities such as games or demonstrations. You can also encourage guests to participate by asking them questions, sharing tips and tricks, and offering product samples.

5. What should I do if I have too many guests for my open for business show?

Congratulations on having a high turnout for your show! To ensure a smooth experience for everyone, consider having an assistant to help with product demonstrations and taking orders. You can also offer to host a second show for any guests who are unable to attend the current one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • HealthNut